Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-14, 08:09 PM  
alydinva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i never knew they were affiliated. was this affiliation a result of the acquisition, or was it always that way? sorry if this is a dumb question!
I'm guessing that Bayview (whoever they are) owned Fitnessfly.com and now that they also own Collage, they are sister sites.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 09:28 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

I didn't know about the affiliation, either.

I am intrigued by it, though, for some unknown reason.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-14, 10:32 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

BayView Entertainment

I think Collage Video has been acquired by BayView Entertainment. When you check on BE's website they show FitmessFly as one of their distributors.

Isn't that a conflict of interest? BE produces inexpensive re-releases of workout DVDs, so won't they want to promote the DVDs they've produced themselves for increased profits? And not promote or sell competitor's products?
Old 05-07-14, 03:51 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnP View Post
won't they want to promote the DVDs they've produced themselves for increased profits? And not promote or sell competitor's products?
i'm thinking they would still promote products that they did not originate. otherwise, without the diversity, they wouldn't survive. true, they would make complete profit on stuff they originated and re-released, or bought the rights to re-release. there's lots of examples of cross-promotion, for example, the Disney channel airs many non-Disney movies and non-Disney Affiliate movies.

remember when Sears allowed customers to use only their credit card, and didn't accept others? well, that changed at some point.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 08:36 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

It will be interesting to see how Bayview runs the Collage business. Bayview produces fitness DVDs for instructors like Kathy Smith, Mindy Mylrea, Christy Taylor, Patrick Goudeau, Amy Bento, and others, so it sounds like a well-established business.

I have not purchased from fitnessfly.com, but there is a wide variety of fitness DVDs on that site. Any opinions about fitnessfly.com?

Bayview also distributes DVDs to Walmart and Amazon. I wonder how Bayview's distribution to discount retailers will affect the prices of new fitness DVDs; they might be lower priced than they previously were at Collage.

I hope they keep the printed catalog going.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 08:57 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I have not purchased from fitnessfly.com, but there is a wide variety of fitness DVDs on that site. Any opinions about fitnessfly.com?
I have purchased DVDs from fitnessfly.com without any issues. They send emails periodically with sales and coupon codes. Once I was ordering some Toniques they had on sale and they had sent a coupon code a few days before, but I threw it in my email trash and it was already deleted by the time I tried to find it. Anyway, I contacted their customer service and they promptly sent me an even better code to use! The shipping was quick, too. No problems with them other than that Dream Body pre-order debacle, but I don't think that was their fault.
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 05:22 PM  
alydinva

Michelle Dozois posted this on FB earlier today:
Hey Collage Video fans, I just sent some of my DVDs over to them. They are pushing hard to get back up and running but basically have to rebuild the entire site from scratch. I really don't have any more details to share but wanted you to know they have started reaching out to fitness pro's for content. Will fill you in as I know more.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 05:52 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by alydinva View Post
Michelle Dozois posted this on FB earlier today:
Hey Collage Video fans, I just sent some of my DVDs over to them. They are pushing hard to get back up and running but basically have to rebuild the entire site from scratch. I really don't have any more details to share but wanted you to know they have started reaching out to fitness pro's for content. Will fill you in as I know more.
Thanks for posting this! I am anxious to see the new Collage.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 06:14 PM  
LoveVA

I hope all of the old customer reviews and workout breakdowns will be preserved and used on the new site.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-14, 07:13 PM  
CatInTheHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I hope all of the old customer reviews and workout breakdowns will be preserved and used on the new site.
Jeez, it sounds like they may not be. If they have to "rebuild from scratch" then it's sounding unlikely. That sucks!
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage video