Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-14, 08:36 AM  
curlyq

I agree with:

Namaste Yoga! Love the series! I would never get rid of my DVDs, ever!

Eoin, he is such a pleasant guy, I just can't get into his yoga anymore, at all.

Travis! He set the standard for me, I did 3 rotations of UY of varying lengths. It took a long time, but, after I got over the fact that there is only one Travis, I started to really enjoy MYO, Udaya and others. I realized that there are many wonderful instructors and yoga classes out there. I would love for him to do another series and find it a little odd that he isn't actively involved with Udaya as I feel that he is the one that started it all.
curlyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 08:50 AM  
hotncmom

I recently purchased the 2 DVD's with Collen Saidman, and I have to say I regret the purchases. I think I got them from Amazon too, so there's no returning them. I really liked the clips and the length of the practices, but there's just something I can't put my finger on that makes these practices not click...tone of voice maybe?

I love UY but the practices are too long, for one thing, and I'm also doing Ballet Body so the upper body is too intense for me to do even on opposite days from Ballet Body - even if I just did Short and Sweet. I would have to choose between Leah and Travis. I can't do both.

I do LOVE Erin Motz, however, and find that her Youtube practices are just right on opposite days from Ballet Body. I am looking forward to the release of My Yoga Pro soon.

One of these days I really do want to do an UY108 rotation, but as an ADD vidiot it is extremely hard for me to stick with one instructor only. DH is on UY108 the second time through and, as I've mentioned on other threads, he's had amazing physical results and weight loss. His body is perfect.

Did you guys guess that Travis and Lauren are in a relationship? DH saw a photo of them together where he was holding her in a way that wasn't just friendly and sent it to me saying "Is she his wife or what?" and after searching a bit, I found an interview with Travis where he said he is in a "very special relationship with Lauren Eckstrom". It wasn't a surprise to me, though.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 08:50 AM  
Exercise Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Too funny on Colleen.

And I remember that quote too though I don't have Foundations...he must say that elsewhere too! What's funny is I adore Travis, but my HUSBAND...Oy, ladies, one of these days I'm going to force him to make a YouTube video of his imitation of Travis, Travis' voice, and Travis' anecdotes.

HiLARious.

I've actually come to dread putting in an UY practice when hubby is home, because I know I'll end up in a puddle of laughter on the floor after he inevitably interrupts my practice with one of his Travis imitations....
Had to chime in when I read your post - my husband does the exact same thing, and it always seems to be when I'm in Downward Dog so I end up collapsing in a heap because I'm laughing so hard!
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 09:05 AM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exercise Diva View Post
Had to chime in when I read your post - my husband does the exact same thing, and it always seems to be when I'm in Downward Dog so I end up collapsing in a heap because I'm laughing so hard!
Husbands must love mimicking Travis. My husband will go as far as putting on his cargo shorts to do his Travis impression. He then walks around me slowly, barefoot, as I'm doing UY.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 11:38 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Husbands must love mimicking Travis. My husband will go as far as putting on his cargo shorts to do his Travis impression. He then walks around me slowly, barefoot, as I'm doing UY.
OMG this is sooo funny!!!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 11:42 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

OMG, so funny!! I'm so glad my husband isn't the only, um, joker!!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 02:43 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
LOL!! Hilarious!

Quick question for anyone that has Patrick Goudeau's Release. What do we think of this one? I also have been ruined by Travis. It's so hard for me to want to do any of my other yoga dvds, but once in awhile I would like to do something a little different. As much as I love UY, I am still a variety junkie! I looked at the clip of Release on Total Fitness and it looked pretty good...
Old 04-30-14, 05:25 PM  
Eibhinn

It sounds like I'm missing out on good impressions not doing more of Travis' yoga. My partner does a pretty good Shiva Rea impersonation that makes me laugh pretty hard. He also likes imitating Rodney Yee and regularly referring to his "armpitchest"
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 06:25 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Dang it!! I made the mistake of laughing out loud about this. Hubby asked what was up. So I told him. And then I saw the light go on in his head after he stopped laughing. CRAP, I'm next!!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-14, 07:51 PM  
Stephanie_B

My husband loves Travis, but for over 15 years makes fun of Bryan. Even if I'm not doing yoga.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
deepen your practice, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga foundations