Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-11-14, 07:17 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Up until about a year or so ago, their prices were not at all competitive with other sellers, and they sold everything full price. Something had to give. I also wondered what was going on when their "coming soon" section was just not "coming" soon enough. I'm sorry to see them go, but I'm not that surprised.
Old 03-11-14, 07:19 PM  
SpiritSong

I can't say that I'm surprised, as it must be really hard to compete with Amazon. It is very sad to lose all the extra services Collage provided us.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought four items off of my wish list that were on sale for my goodbye order.
Old 03-11-14, 07:26 PM  
loverly7

Oh no! How sad this is. I go to the website probably a couple of times a month to look at reviews and watch clips. Sometimes I would buy from them. I never had a problem with ordering from them, never had anything but positive experiences with them, but amazon almost always beat their prices so I would buy from amazon. (Hangs head in shame...I guess I'm part of the reason they are closing.) I am very sad to see them go. Thank you for the heads up. I'm going to pop over there and see if I can place a final order. How sad this is...
loverly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 07:31 PM  
Judy W.

It feels like losing a member of the family! I was one of their Success Story winners; my saga was featured in a Newsletter a couple of years back, and I won $100. They also donated $100 in my name to a local women's shelter.

I loved the way their descriptions broke down the times and the toning emphasis. They messed up once in a great while, but their information was dependable. I also relied a lot on whether or not a workout was a 'Staff Favorite'.

Mary's great. Amazon is Amazon! But Collage -- well, I feel like crying.
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 07:33 PM  
anne

This is really sad news. Collage is the best and I will miss checking their site and getting the catalog in the mail (been getting it since the eighties).
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 07:41 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

Bummer. I bought my first VHS workouts from them back in 1990! Sad

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 07:45 PM  
SherBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
OMG I got the same message and in the "about us" page they say they are closing cuz it's impossible to compete with Amazon and ebay. I am DEVASTATED. SRSLY. Collage was one of my favorite websites, their catalogues were my favorite things to browse. SO upset, I feel like a part of my life is over...

Maybe we should all get together and buy it...

I LOVE their catalogs. I bought my first vhs at collage. I filled out the order form and mailed it to them with my check! heh. Collage kept me in touch with the workout world. I very much wish they would not close down. There is no one like them on the net. No one.

I also have to say I remember when there was a choice between VHS and DVD format for some workouts. for the longest time I chose VHS because DVD players were too expensive.

I'm 46 soon to be 47
SherBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 07:46 PM  
bfit

I am so sad about this. I've been with Collage since the very beginning of VHS workouts - back when their catalog was a skimpy black and white pamphlet, and they didn't even have a website. I don't consider Amazon, etc. to be anywhere near the same because there aren't reviews, there aren't video clips, and you can't return anything. Mary's service is great, but her website leaves a lot to be desired - it's hard to find things, there are no reviews, and the video clips usually aren't very good. I think I'll be buying fewer workouts now - which might not be a bad thing I suppose.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 07:47 PM  
ellaenchanted

So sad. I ordered Cindy Whitmarsh's 3 newest since they will probably sell out quickly. It was under $18 for all 3. Shipping was $4 something.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-14, 08:03 PM  
mizach
VF Supporter

Oh no! DH asked if this is the one who sends me catalogs and he gets in trouble if he throws them in our recycling bin. I used to collect their catalogs.
There goes another part of my life.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage forum, collage video, collagevideo, collagevideo.com