Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-14, 05:22 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Smile My VF imaginary friends

So many VFers have become part of my daily life. I love to read about their workouts and what is going on in their life, I love to exchange PMs and emails, love to participate on check-ins, etc. I actually find myself referencing VF in my conversations with my guy ("Oh someone on VF had that happened to them!" "I really want to try this workout that my VF friend has been raving about"...). He really doesn't get that a virtual community can feel so real and he always teases me about my "imaginary friends"

Yesterday I came home from work and he said an envelope came in the mail for me. It was a brand new Suzanne Bowen's Barre Amped set that LUV2WO sent me when she got an extra set and thought I would like it (seriously, how awesome and generous is that!?! THANK YOU ) When I told this story to my man, he just could not believe that someone I had never met or talk to would send me DVDs just like that.

So let's hear it for all our VF imaginary friends!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 05:24 PM  
sunday

I really enjoy all the VF friends I've made here too! Kindness abounds on VF! I've had one VFer, who is in one of my checkins, send me two prayer shawls she made at two different times to help with stressful situations. Very kind!! I've also been gifted dvds. Oh, and I talk about VFers to my DH all the time.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 05:27 PM  
alisoncooks

Yep. So many of my conversations with DH begin with "someone on the fitness forum said..."

But he totally gets it b/c he has a few online communities that he belongs to...

(And I also received the Bowen dvds from a generous VFer, and it's not the first time someone here has gifted me. This is a such a wonderful community!)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 05:34 PM  
hotncmom

It is a wonderful community, and such a positive one, especially given all the snark and ugliness on most of the rest of the internet. I have also had several people PM me over the years and offer DVD's that I expressed interest in. Someone even loaned me TA Meta (the entire set) for a couple of months to try out! So generous! This is a great community of people and there's no where else I can geek out about fitness DVD's, that's for sure!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 05:36 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I call them 'cyber friends.' I've rec'd vids. from people, too. So kind.

One of the women on my check-in came to my city for work last summer. Her husband and son joined her to make a little vaca of it and we all met up. She met my DH and DSs, too. It was so fun!

I love my cyberfriends! DH is very used me talking about them.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 05:36 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
there's no where else I can geek out about fitness DVD's, that's for sure!
haha, so true!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 05:39 PM  
edensmom

Haha, it is sort of a running joke on my check in that we are all imaginary friends!!!! So funny to see this thread.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 05:48 PM  
moonbeam31

These are the BEST people I've "never" met! I have met 2 of you in person-the others- I would love to! Everyone here has been amazing to me the whole time I have been part of this wonderful online community! Many sase's, freebies, trades, advice, friendship, prayers...laughs etc! We are blessed to have this "place" indeed!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 05:52 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Yep. So many of my conversations with DH begin with "someone on the fitness forum said..."

But he totally gets it b/c he has a few online communities that he belongs to...

(And I also received the Bowen dvds from a generous VFer, and it's not the first time someone here has gifted me. This is a such a wonderful community!)
Haha, that's true!

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-14, 06:01 PM  
andtckrtoo

I started off at the Tae Bo forums, then switched to the Cathe Forums, then found VF. I am fortunate to live in an area where many of ya'll live or visit, so I've met many of y'all. My husband has met so many of my Vidiot friends he doesn't even blink an eye. He doesn't quite "get it" - he's a gym rat and wants to work out with other people, not to a TV, but he admits that my friends are some of the fittest and most wonderful people ever.

Tags
imaginary friends, vf love