Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-13, 10:14 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
Wow, this is an amazing story hotncmom!
I agree. hotncmom, Congratulations to your husband. That is a great story.
Old 09-20-13, 11:51 AM  
kariev34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
DH is finishing up an UY rotation in the next couple of weeks (he's been at it more like 198 days than 108 days because the schedule doesn't always work out for him to do it every single day, but he has faithfully followed the order of the workouts, even if he has to skip a day or two. He had no yoga experience prior to this and he started with Yoga Foundations for the first couple of months.

The first time he did Crosstrain, Cardio, and Strength he was yelling "no way" at the TV a lot. He sweated profusely and he had to stop 20 minutes in on Cardio even though he has always been in good running shape (you know, the kind of guy who can be sedentary for a year and then walk out the door and run 3 miles, no problem). But these kicked his butt to the curb and humbled him. He did not give up. I think the difficulty made him more determined to succeed. And so he has. He has lost almost 40 lbs. He's very lean, lots of muscular definition. And we just got a doorway pull up bar and he was able to do several chin ups right off the bat, even though he had not been lifting weights or going to the gym or really, doing anything but UY. It works.

Don't be discouraged when you start if it's hard. Do what you can. Keep coming back to it and you will find that things get easier - not easy, but easier.

The point I'm trying to make is, don't let the fact that UY is "harder" discourage you.
Congrats to your husband! That's amazing. Did you practice with him at all? Did he do any cardio or modify his diet during this time? I've always wanted to do a UY rotation but have been afrai to give up other workouts.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-13, 12:01 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Congrats to your husband! That's amazing. Did you practice with him at all? Did he do any cardio or modify his diet during this time? I've always wanted to do a UY rotation but have been afrai to give up other workouts.
A few times I have done a practice with him but he does it when he gets home from work while I cook dinner. Cardio was some walking at lunch in the hot sun (which he didn't like because he felt like it was aging him), mowing the lawn with our reel mower and other yard work, and maybe a run every 2-3 weeks. Really that's all he had time for, UY is time consuming. As far as diet, he stopped drinking sodas altogether and eating huge bowls of ice cream before bed, but nothing major. He did not follow the food plan or use the meditation (although he wanted to, kids are time-consuming so he was doing well just getting in the basic practice plus the Hardcore on schedule).

I tried the rotation for a few weeks but I missed other things too. One day I would like to do it but I'm back on the Ballet Body plan now and that's just too intense to do power yoga on opposite days.

And I'm joking about the 198 days...he started sometime in the late spring, I think. He did miss a few days here and there and did not do the workouts when we went on 2 vacations over the summer, he just picked back up where he left off when he got back.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rudy mettia, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga foundations, yoga warrior 365