Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-12-13, 09:09 PM  
Candiceena

No results w/ Cathe but yes w/ FIRM?

Hi girls -

This is my first post here...I have been on the Cathe forums since December 2012 and that is when I started working out with her. Prior to that I was on and off w/ The FIRM workouts, starting w/ BSS1 back in 2008.

Anyway, I was never very strict w/ my diet when I started FIRMing. I did try to eat healthy but I cheated often. I also drank a lot of alcohol (I was 20/21 when I started FIRMing). I am now 25. I had been working out w/ Cathe since December... mostly her beginner/intermediate step workouts which did contain some weights.

Again, was not very strict w/ diet but this time around I wasn't even consuming any alcohol. I didn't really see ANY results. Now I know you can't out-eat a bad diet but mine isn't that bad - I was just wondering if anyone has ever had this... did you get results from the FIRM but not from Cathe?

I feel bad because I have spent a lot of money on Cathe workouts (well, about $200-$300 which is a lot to me!) but I am starting to feel like they're not for me, yet her workouts just seem to be the holy grail of home fitness.

Any words of advice?
Candiceena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:01 PM  
mrsyancy

I use to think that my "diet" wasn't that bad either, until I took a step back and really payed attention to what and how much I was eating. I was eating good and healthy food, for the most part, but I was eating too much of it.

My point is that I think just about any "program" or set of workouts will work if you are truly eating right. I have seen results with several different type workouts that I have used, but it was only when I was eating properly.

I have seen results with cathe, jari love, p90x, and Michelle dozois(which are all different type " programs". But I was eating properly also. I've done insanity, insanity asylum and aslum 2, but didnt see any physical results bc I wasn't eating "right" while doing these, although I did increase my endurance tremendously.

So anyway like I said I think how you eat is the largest deciding factor on whether you get " results" or not......HTH..... Just my opinion
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:11 PM  
muddjeansgal

I would need more information to give proper advice. What kind of results are you looking for and exactly which Cathe workouts are you doing? Were you using heavier weights when firming?
Of course diet plays a role too.

Welcome to VF this is a great group here.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 10:34 PM  
mrsyancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
I would need more information to give proper advice. What kind of results are you looking for and exactly which Cathe workouts are you doing? Were you using heavier weights when firming?
Of course diet plays a role too.

Welcome to VF this is a great group here.
This is true also, which is why I put results in parenthesis, bc it also depends on the type of results u are looking for. Are u trying to lose weight, lose fat, build muscle, increase stamina, etc, etc
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 12:50 AM  
Kathleen86

I would also add, make sure you are getting plenty of daily activity. A pedometer can really help..10,000 steps is my new minimum. (I love the FitBit ) Your routine at 21 can be quite a bit different than at 25 in terms of what you do in a day and for me to really get results, I need to make sure I get those steps to know that I am doing a consistent amount of activity per day. Other than that and your eating habits, if the Cathe workouts you have are challenging to you, then I think you will see results from them.
Kathleen86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 01:03 AM  
Cafelattee

I've never done firm stuff. I was a jogger for 20++ years before recurring injury had me change stuff up. I have done p90x, chalean extreme, turbo fire and jam before I started Cathe in Oct 2012.

I don't usually loose weight unless I eat really clean (which for my southern taste mean dropping my sweet tea and no breads then the pounds and inches fall off. I have never counted calories or anything. I'm a pear shape and high carb high glycemic foods add to my thighs and butts. I use exercise to maintain a low weight. The cutting of certain foods help me to actually loose weight.

My genetic sucks! I would suggest also that if you are a "dieter" that sometimes folks don't eat enough and their body holds on to the weight.

The other thing is do you like Cathe workouts. I have bought exercise dvd cause they are suppose to be great. I'll do them but just cant put my all into them. I absolutely would quite home dvd if my only choice was Jillian. I have had success with workouts I love. I hated p90x, I've loved Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. My favorite Cathe are High Step Challenge, Step Pump Jump and the new Xtrain Low Hitt. There are some Cathe dvd that everyone raves about that were duds for me. The old Kick Punch Crunch just didn't get after doing something like Turbo Fire.

If you love Firm and got results then just stick with something you love and that half the effort

I guess you have an investment in Cathe but she may not be the "one" for you.
Cafelattee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 04:59 AM  
Rose Ohio

Any program will work if you do it with consistency and watch what you eat. We all eat way more than we think we do. Mix it up and do what you enjoy as far as workouts go, that makes for consistency.
Old 06-13-13, 05:39 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose ohio View Post
any program will work if you do it with consistency and watch what you eat. We all eat way more than we think we do. Mix it up and do what you enjoy as far as workouts go, that makes for consistency.
ita!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 06:11 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

In my 20's and 30's, I always went back to the Firm and it worked for me. I would do Cathe's for a few weeks here & there to mix it up but the Firm was my go-to and kept me consistent.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 07:18 AM  
PhyllisG

I did the classic Firms for years and felt and looked great. I got a lot of compliments during that time. Then I switched to Cathe because she was more "advanced" and the gold standard of home workouts. I certainly gained in strength and endurance but was not so happy with how I looked. There is no other word for it "bulky". So I switched over to fusion/barre, hi reps, lo weight and walking with Leslie. Much happier with results. You really have to find what works for you and what you can be consistent with doing.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firm success stories, my fitness pal, myfitnesspal, slim in 6 success, success stories