Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-12-13, 04:25 PM  
pollytc

Joyce Vedral Rotations

I don't know exactly why, but Joyce Vedral was in my dream last night, and I was working out with her. :-)

I know there was an active thread a few days about about her paper workouts. I have a few of her books, and many of her dvds (many are virgins). Does anyone have a rotation that utilizes most of Joyce's workouts?
Old 06-12-13, 05:14 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Funny dream! Joyce has a 2013 bootcamp rotation on her website that uses most (all?) of her DVDs. If you have trouble locating it (it's not the easiest website to navigate!), feel free to pm me because I've got it copied to a Word doc.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 07:10 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

LOL, funny to dream about her working out with you! (I bet that would be cool IRL!)
I don't know of a rotation of all of her workouts but have most of her books and am currently following her (well her daughter's) 'College Dorm' workout. I'm hoping to use all of the books one after the other for a few months but it would be definitely interesting to see a rotation of all of them combined! I'll be watching this thread closely!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-13, 07:50 PM  
Sissy B

If you go to joycevedral.com and look under "Newsletter/Events" she will has a rotation listed that uses all of her DVDs.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-13, 07:17 PM  
aunatural

Just wanted to add that I have Fast Forward and it has rotations for that workout on the back. Some of her other Dvds may be the same.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-13, 05:56 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

From Joyce's site:

WEEK ONE
DAY 1. Day 2. COUGAR WORKOUT UPPER BODY. DAY 2: COUGAR WORKOUT LOWER AND MIDDLE BODY. DAY 3: WALK WITH JOYCE. DAY 4. BOTTOMS UP GOLD PLUS UPPER BODY. Day 5.. BOTTOMS UP GOLD PLUS LOWER AND MIDDLE. Day 6. Walk with Joyce. Day 7. Off workout.
Note: Each workout day before you do anything else you do the JUST ABS day for that day. There are six days so it works out perfectly. Then you can either do the ABS included if it is for that day in addition to the ABS or just leave them out. Your choice. THIS APPLIES TO ALL SIX WORKOUT WEEKS.

WEEK TWO
Day 1. QUICK QUARTET UPPER AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 2. QUICK QUARTET LOWER AND EASY DOES IT Day 3. SLOW DUET UPPER AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 4. SLOW DUET LOWER AND MIDDLE Day 5. BATHING SUIT WORKOUT AND EASY DOES IT STRETCH Day 6. VERTICAL FAT ZAPPING WORKOUT ALL & VERTICAL ABS Day 7. INTERVAL AEROBICS.

WEEK THREE
Day 1. DEFINITION UPPER AND EASY DOES IT STRETCH Day 2. DEFINITION LOWER AND MIDDLE AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 3. FAT BURNING WORKOUT UPPER AND THE BATHING SUIT WORKOUT. Day 4 FAT BURNING WORKOUT LOWER AND MIDDLE. DAY 5: BONE BUILDING..UPPER. DAY 6: BONE LOWER AND MIDDLE AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 7. EASY DOES IT STRETCH.

WEEK FOUR
Day 1. JUST ARMS AND JUST BRA ROLL BOOBS AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 2. JUST THIGHS AND JUST BUTT Day 3. SPEEDY NON STOP UPPER AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 4. SPEEDY NON STOP LOWER AND MIDDLE AND EASY DOES IT Day 5.COUGAR WORKOUT UPPER BODY Day 6. COUGAR WORKOUT LOWER AND MIDDLE BODY. DAY 7: GUT LOVE HANDLE POOCH BUSTERS.

WEEK FIVE
Day 1. FAST FORWARD CYCLES I AND II. Day 2. FAST FORWARD CYCLES III AND EXTRA ABS. Day 3. BATHING SUIT WORKOUT AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 4. DYNAMIC TENSION THE WHOLE TAPE Day 5. EASY DOES IT STRETCH AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 6. NON STOP THE WHOLE TAPE Day 7 EASY DOES IT STRETCH

WEEK SIX
Day 1. TOP SHAPE UPPER AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 2. TOP SHAPE LOWER AND MIDDLE AND EASY DOES IT Day 3. COUGAR WORKOUT UPPER AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 4. COUGAR WORKOUT LOWER AND MIDDLE Day 5. ON THE BALL UPPER AND WALK WITH JOYCE Day 6. ON THE BALL LOWER AND MIDDLE Day 7. EASY DOES IT STRETCH

Keep repeating at least three times. Then for a change, you can pick out your favorite "week" or "weeks" and keep repeating them.

--

I'll have to see how I can use this rotation with all of my books as I have none of her DVDs!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 07-07-14, 03:52 PM  
pollytc

I just came across this thread from last year. Did anyone happen to follow the rotation posted?
Old 07-07-14, 06:12 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollytc View Post
I just came across this thread from last year. Did anyone happen to follow the rotation posted?
Shamefully I didn't! Not yet at least!

Old 07-08-14, 08:37 AM  
SueT

About 4 years ago I followed one of Joyce's Mix It Up plans for about two weeks. What I remember most vividly about the plan was that it didn't seem hard when I was doing it, but one day when my husband was following me up the stairs, he said that my hips were pulling in and becoming more streamlined. This was one of the few times my husband has ever made a comment about any workout giving me results.

Why did I stop doing that rotation? I wish I knew! I checked out my workouts calendar for April of 2010, which is when I tried the Joyce rotation, and I then switched to a Tonique rotation, which just doesn't seem to give me results, and kills my knees.

I'm scheduled for knee surgery on July 18th, and I've been doing Joyce's Definition upper body workout from her book for the last week and really enjoying it. I've been reading through a lot of her books that I have, and when I get clearance to do regular lower body workouts again, I'm definitely trying the Mix It Up plan I tried in 2010, and I hope I get the same results as last time.

I'm so glad that the topic of Joyce's workouts has come up again here on VF. Now I have a plan for what I'm going to do after my surgery. After 3 months of not being able to do any lower body or aerobic workouts, I can't wait to start again!

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-14, 09:58 AM  
imhere2dance

Using "The Wayback Machine," I pulled up some of her old rotation plans for you.

--------------------------------------------------------

1. FAT BURNING WORKOUT
2. QUICK QUARTET
3. WEIGHT TRAINING MADE EASIER

PLAN:
Day 1. Weight Training (day 1)
Day 2. Weight Training (day 2)
Day 3. Quick Quartet (upper body)
Day 4. Quick Quartet (lower and middle body)
Day 5. Fat Burning (upper body)
Day 6. Fat Burning (lower and middle body)
Day 7. rest day

1.WALK WITH JOYCE
2. SPEEDY NON STOP
3. SLOW DUET

PLAN:
Day 1.Walk (Latin)
Day 2. Speedy (upper body)
Day 3. Speedy (lower and middle body)
Day 4. Walk (Swing)
Day 5. Slow Duet (upper body)
Day 6. Slow Duet (lower and middle body)
Day 7. rest day

SUPER SHAPE UP "SHAKE IT UP" PLAN

CYCLE A
Day 1. Bottoms Up (upper body and abs)
Day 2. Bottoms up (lower body and back) and Gut-Love Handle-Pooch Busters
Day 3. Non-Stop (upper body) and The Bathing Suit Workout
Day 4. Non-Stop (lower Body) and Interval Aerobics
Day 5. Dynamic Tension (first half of the video)
Day 6. Dynamic Tension (second half of the video)
Day 7. Interval Aerobics

Move to Cycle B.

CYCLE B
Day 1. Fast Forward (Cycle I and II)
Day 2. Fast Forward (Cycle III and Extra Abs)
Day 3. Definition (upper body) and Interval Aerobics
Day 4. Definition (lower and middle body)
Day 5. Weight Training Made Easier (day 1)
Day 6. Weight Training Made Easier (day 2)
Day 7. Interval Aerobics

Move to Cycle C

CYCLE C
Day 1. Fat Burning Workout (upper body) and The Bathing Suit Workout
Day 2. Fat Burning Workout (lower body)
Day 3. Bone Building Body Shaping Workout
Day 4. Gut-Love Handle-Pooch Busters (entire video)
Day 5. Non-Stop (entire video)
Day 6. The bathing Suit Workout
Day 7. Interval Aerobics

Start Cycle A again. Keep going.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
college dorm workout, cougar workout, dynamic tension, joyce vedral, joyce vedral rotations, wayback machine