Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-13, 09:23 AM  
lorajc

Have You Ever Researched Success Stories

and if so..........which ones have the best results?

I'm trying to find the best program to do for the best RESULTS. I just saw a success picture on Facebook from a client that did Hamelin D'abel and it was amazing, but since I don't have his DVDs, isn't his system like Tracy Anderson's stuff?

So....from what you know via research......what systems create the best results via the success stories?

Thanks in advance.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-13, 09:26 AM  
daisyfit

That's a great question. I've wondered the same and wondered too if success stories are really from programmes?
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-13, 09:30 AM  
PeakFitness

It's hard to tell what's the best. The people on Beachbody infomercials do the program more than once before they go on the infomercial. The people on the Firm infomercials have done some programs in the studio live. You just never know what really caused the "results" you're seeing.
Old 05-13-13, 10:08 AM  
andtckrtoo

I don't think there is one size fits all best rotation. Some people do better with more cardio, some less, some TA, some need heavy strength training. I think part of the answer is to determine what works best for you, then research THOSE workouts for results.
Old 05-13-13, 11:15 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I don't think there is one size fits all best rotation. Some people do better with more cardio, some less, some TA, some need heavy strength training. I think part of the answer is to determine what works best for you, then research THOSE workouts for results.
This! Great advice.

I agree with PeakFitness--the people in the Beachbody infomercials have done the programs multiple times. If you want a bit more reality, check out people's results on the BeachBody forums after 90 days on a program. Most people do look a lot better after 90 days, and it is most inspiring, but the majority of them do not look like the people in the infomercials. The exceptions are when the person was already in decent shape and not overweight before starting a program. Then you really can see pretty amazing results after 90 days.

And as always, a big part of "results" is diet.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-13, 11:44 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
It depends what RESULTS you want, too. Weight loss, weight maintenance, strength, muscle tone/shape, inch loss ... depending on your priorities, different systems might be "best".

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-13, 12:27 PM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I like to watch the success story videos that Terri Walsh posts for the ART Method - https://www.youtube.com/feed/UCp3-3Y9YH3TO2hldUGC8KAg . The results are impressive while also still within the realm of what I could see myself attaining.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-13, 01:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

there was a thread on VF a few years ago where VF sleuths had proven that a published success story actually used more than one "product" from different vendors to achieve their results. they were able to prove it pretty quick by doing simple internet searches!! therefore, one product was not totally responsible for that person's success. now, i'm sure there are success stories where people used one system to achieve their results, but it really boils down to being disciplined.

maybe someone remembers the thread?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-13, 01:58 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
there was a thread on VF a few years ago where VF sleuths had proven that a published success story actually used more than one "product" from different vendors to achieve their results. they were able to prove it pretty quick by doing simple internet searches!! therefore, one product was not totally responsible for that person's success. now, i'm sure there are success stories where people used one system to achieve their results, but it really boils down to being disciplined.

maybe someone remembers the thread?
I recall there were some people whose before/afters were seen on the Firm, Cathe and Collage sites as well as diet sites.

That's why you should use a variety of videos: you can submit your story to more sites and get more prizes!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-13, 02:21 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I recall there were some people whose before/afters were seen on the Firm, Cathe and Collage sites as well as diet sites.

That's why you should use a variety of videos: you can submit your story to more sites and get more prizes!
that was it! ha ha!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
success stories, terri walsh