Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-13, 02:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Gina, I don't think so, as I don't like splits. I'm looking at Extremely Ripped 1000 now, and the reviews I'm reading (on Collage) do say that it can be done as two 30-minute routines, so that must be the one I was thinking of. However, it seems like some of the other new ones (e.g., Lean Machine) say on the DVD cover that they have shorter workouts but that they really don't.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 02:16 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Okay, I just checked the reviews section: there are NO reviews for Get Extremely Ripped 1000, Lean Machine, or Revved to the Max. Won't someone please right some? Tara? Anyone?
Lean Machine is the only one I tried and I only did the weights/ab section that everyone raves about, I never even tried the other parts. And since my recollection of that part isn't terribly vivid, it probably wouldn't make for a great review. Hopefully someone will chime in!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 02:42 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

As far as I know, *every* DVD in Jari's Extremely series is split into 30-minute segments.

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 02:45 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
As far as I know, *every* DVD in Jari's Extremely series is split into 30-minute segments.
Something like that, but the premixes are around 45 minutes because they include warmups and cooldowns. Whereas Weights & Abs takes 31 minutes in total.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 02:49 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Where you thinking of Get Extremely Ripped & Chiseled? It has 2 30-min workouts (one they call "upper body" and one they call "lower body.")
Alison, are they 30 mins from start to finish, or 45mins including warmups/cooldowns? I do my strength training in the morning and that extra 10-20 minutes can make a huge difference.
Old 04-21-13, 02:50 PM  
kariev34

Hmmmm, I'm not sure I need to cave on her older ones since I have all of cathes total body workouts (HR, MM, PP, SS, PH, ME). What are your thoughts on jari vs cathe total body workouts?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 03:05 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Alison, are they 30 mins from start to finish, or 45mins including warmups/cooldowns? I do my strength training in the morning and that extra 10-20 minutes can make a huge difference.
IIRC, adding the WU/CD it does come closer to 45 min.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 03:31 PM  
juberann

WOW first time I have been able to take a look at the thread I started last night and LOVED reading everyones comments. Seems Jari is a somewhat popular gal around here

LuckyStar....I would've been shocked if you hadn"t said you were on a Jari kick right now, my kindred spirit NOT be on the same kick I am? that would be absolutely shameful. It was the Weights and Abs workout off of Lean Machine that you raved about that got me started,by the way and,yes, that is one of the shorter workouts but,dang, does she make use of every second or what?

kariev34....I use both the older and newer workouts and I havn't even done some of them yet. I love the original Ripped because of all the great form pointers and I love the stretching between tracks, I know some people don't like that,though

I think my results come from the fact I am eating better and the high reps seem to be key for me PLUS I have purposely made time for at least a 45 minute workout every day. Extending the length of my workouts has really made a difference for me and has been more then worth the few extra minutes of lost sleep. I have also found I really need the day of cardio in between the Ripped workouts, as long as I resist the temptation to do them two days in a row, excessive hunger has not been an issue, either. I know I should'nt even consider doing weight training two days in a row but,truth be told, I love weight training way more then I enjoy cardio nowadays

summerbreeze....for me, it has definitely been the high reps that have made the difference because this is the only style of workout I have not tried consistantly in the past. I also prefer isolation work to compound exercises but I do add in a compound workout at least once a week. Compound movements are starting to "grow" on me a little but I don't think I will ever completely click.......isolation work is way more my style.

Not sure why Jari's Get Extremely Ripped and Chiseled cover states "2 30 Minute workouts" because I know the upper body workout comes in at over 40 minutes but the Warmup is sooooo much fun that I don't mind devoting the extra time.The music is awesome in those workouts, as well. Hoping to see more from Jari really soon.

Anyone hear if she has any plans to release any new workouts??
Old 04-21-13, 03:47 PM  
kariev34

Judy: I sent Jari a message on FB asking if she would be releasing some new workouts this year. Her response was that she will be releasing some downloadable programs either by the bed of this year or early next year. She didn't specify if these will be workouts or not. Maybe she is trying to transition to digital downloads like many other fitness instructors.
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 03:58 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Judy, you have a good point. Doing 45 minute workouts isn't so long and I realize that extra time can really make the difference when it comes to getting results. Of course, I'm still trying to avoid a lot of lunges & curtsey lunges, so don't mind sticking to the 'easier' Jaris for now.

Tags
body rock, jari love, jari love rotation, jari love success, success stories, weights only