Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-21-13, 11:17 AM  
Irish Eyes

Doing Jari's original three workouts ("Get Ripped", "Slim and Lean" and "Ripped and Chiseled") got me into the best shape of my life a few years ago. I just alternated doing one of those with cardio days. Best results I've gotten from any rotation I've ever tried (and I've tried pretty much everything).

Lately I've been doing "Weights and Abs" a lot and I love it!! (Although I agree with Taramisu about the lack of tricep work). I think I only tried it because of all the love it got on VF so thank you to all those who raved about it!
Irish Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 11:54 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Re: Weights & Abs, I do this workout a LOT so customize it for me. Which means sometimes I do the chest track as it appears, sometimes I sub lying tricep work (skull crushers, etc) for part of it. Sometimes I sub other chest work - dumbbell flyes - for part of the chest work as well. And sometimes I stop the chest presses early and do more pushups.

When doing the biceps/shoulders track, sometimes I lift as heavy as I can for the first bicep section, then sub tricep exercise(s) for the 2nd set. I make it work for me and it's all good.

Beth, Weights & Abs (from Lean Machine) is the only true 1/2-hr Jari workout, but others that are very close are the weights-only track in Extremely Ripped 1000, and the two workouts in Revved to the Max.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 12:08 PM  
Irish Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Re:

When doing the biceps/shoulders track, sometimes I lift as heavy as I can for the first bicep section, then sub tricep exercise(s) for the 2nd bicep track. I make it work for me and it's all good.

That's a great idea! Thanks
Irish Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 12:13 PM  
kariev34

I'm a fan of her newer workouts from the extremely series but all the raves for the older ones have intrigued me. What size weights do you typically use for her older workouts? Do they work the legs good?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 12:26 PM  
alisoncooks

You know, I haven't worked out consistently since my month-long Jari-only rotation in JANUARY!

I think it's time to pull the Jari dvds back out!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 01:41 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Beth, Weights & Abs (from Lean Machine) is the only true 1/2-hr Jari workout, but others that are very close are the weights-only track in Extremely Ripped 1000, and the two workouts in Revved to the Max.
Gina, thanks for the reply. When reading reviews of the newer ones, I thought that there was at least one that broke down into 2 30-minute workouts--I had kind of thought it was Extremely Ripped 1000, but maybe it was Revved to the Max? I guess I'll have to look more into those two.

There aren't a lot of reviews for Jari's newer DVDs--I hope some of you who are fans will write some!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 01:58 PM  
lotusgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by juberann View Post
... I started using her Get Ripped and Get Extremely Ripped workouts consistantly back in February and have been literally amazed at the changes in my body. Thrilled beyond words and deeply regretful I havn't stayed consistant with weights all through my 40's (I am now 49) I finally forced myself out of my very long held belief that cardio, and LOTS of it, was THE way to lose weight..........until I did mainly cardio and my weight did not move for months Adding in Jari's workouts made an immediate difference....
Thank you so much for this post. You have no idea how much I needed to learn of your results! I, too, am a fan of Jari's DVDs and you've convinced me to pull them out and get back to consistently using them! Thank you!
Old 04-21-13, 01:58 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
I'm a fan of her newer workouts from the extremely series but all the raves for the older ones have intrigued me. What size weights do you typically use for her older workouts? Do they work the legs good?
The Original Ripped is probably the one you can go heaviest on but I would say more moderate than heavy. There is a track that includes squats and plié squats, plus another one for deadlifts and lunges. There is also some floorwork for inner and outer thighs. Back when I did this regularly I could use my 12 lb dumbells, now I would probably use 10 lbs. There aren't nearly as many reps though as in her newer workouts. Even the followup Slim and Lean had significant more reps and there was no way I could even go moderately heavy, it was light light light for me. The only ones I did following those first two are Ripped to the Core and Ripped 1000, again same as Slim/Lean, very light for me.

I haven't tried many of her newer offerings but the weight/ab section from Lean Machine that so many rave has a lot of reps but somehow isn't as high as most, it may be the most comparable to the original Ripped. That was my take on it but some may not agree.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 02:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Okay, I just checked the reviews section: there are NO reviews for Get Extremely Ripped 1000, Lean Machine, or Revved to the Max. Won't someone please right some? Tara? Anyone?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 02:13 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Gina, thanks for the reply. When reading reviews of the newer ones, I thought that there was at least one that broke down into 2 30-minute workouts--I had kind of thought it was Extremely Ripped 1000, but maybe it was Revved to the Max? I guess I'll have to look more into those two.

There aren't a lot of reviews for Jari's newer DVDs--I hope some of you who are fans will write some!
Where you thinking of Get Extremely Ripped & Chiseled? It has 2 30-min workouts (one they call "upper body" and one they call "lower body.")
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body rock, jari love, jari love rotation, jari love success, success stories, weights only