Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-13, 03:39 AM  
juberann

Results using Jari Love's Get Ripped workouts....

I have always liked Jari ever since purchasing her first workout back in, I think, 2005. I started using her Get Ripped and Get Extremely Ripped workouts consistantly back in February and have been literally amazed at the changes in my body. Thrilled beyond words and deeply regretful I havn't stayed consistant with weights all through my 40's (I am now 49) I finally forced myself out of my very long held belief that cardio, and LOTS of it, was THE way to lose weight..........until I did mainly cardio and my weight did not move for months Adding in Jari's workouts made an immediate difference. I am a HUGE fan of Kelly Coffey-Meyer (no secret there) but Jari's high rep workouts have been MAGIC for me!! I love her style, don't mind the sets and absolutely LOVE Get Extremely Ripped and Chiseled as well as Weights and Abs from Body Rock.

Anyone else see great results using Jari's workouts and/or any other high rep routines? What makes these workouts so effective???
Old 04-21-13, 06:20 AM  
kariev34

I'm so happy that Jari has worked for you! I did Jari's workouts last year for a period of 3 months and really leaned out and got super toned. I only have her newer workouts from the extremely series and I love them. I think they work so well because they have a cardio component to them. My body does best with lighter weights. Like you, I KCM. This past friday I pulled out Jari's Revved to the Max and did it for the first time in 6 months. I'm still so sore today! It was a great workout. I don't mind the set either. I have her new one (extremely ripped and chiseled) but haven't tried it yet. Do you still use Jari's older workouts?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 06:53 AM  
ellaenchanted

All I did last summer was Jari's Extremely Ripped series. And, it was fantastic! I always revisit her workouts during the late spring/summer when I have more time for longer workout (i.e. 45-60 minutes)
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 07:16 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

I like Jari too...I got her first Ripped workout in 2005 and it was instant like for me, and I have had it ever since! I haven't quite clicked with her other workouts but I can put Ripped on my personal Hall of Fame list. I like her in the workout too, she's so pleasant and enjoyable to exercise with.

I met Jari at a Border's book signing in 2007, she couldn't have been more nice! She's so teeny too...before the book signing or whatever it was got started I remember her smiling at me as she passed by and this was before she knew I was there to meet her! Anyway...it's kind of fun looking back on that.

Congrats on your results! I have read about your weight loss...I too have shed some pounds but I am looking kind of flabby now, I am sure that Ripped will take care of that problem!

Enjoy your continued journey with Jari!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 07:34 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

First of all Judy, congratulations!!!!!! Awesome results, girl!!!

LOL, it's soooo funny you posted this... it's probably no surprise to you that I've been on a Jari kick too! I too have enjoyed her workouts from the beginning, and with all my recent pains and aches I've decided to KISS and just limit myself to my gentlest (yet still effective) Jaris for strength work. Three times a week I've been using Weights & Abs (duh, of course! ) and on Saturday I use the original Ripped. My knees are so happy - ah, bliss.

I have every Jari workout (except Extremely Ripped and Chiseled, so far) and plan to work my way up to them in time, knees allowing. They're *all* I want to do for strength these days! Her moves are straightforward, her manner is gentle, and she gets results. My Jaris are lined up next to my Erin O'Briens and KCMs; these are the only strength workouts I even want in my library. (My Leslies and other no-fuss cardio take up the shelf below them; my Classical Stretch on the next shelf. )
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Congratulations! That's such a great feeling to get results from something you enjoy doing! I've never been able to stick to Jari because I get bored with the endless reps, but some of her newer ones are shorter and I will have to try to fit them in more consistently.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 08:21 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Congratulations! That's such a great feeling to get results from something you enjoy doing! I've never been able to stick to Jari because I get bored with the endless reps, but some of her newer ones are shorter and I will have to try to fit them in more consistently.
Have you tried her Original Ripped? That is probably the least reppy of them all, if that's a word. I have tried her others but that's the only one of hers I really click with. I didn't mind Weights and Abs from Lean Machine but in the end I didn't keep it, maybe I should have.

For high reps I like Margaret Richard lately...she is very calming and for some reason her workouts are therapeutic. So she and Jari's Ripped are my go to's for higher rep/endurance work. I, like you have never been a huge fan of hi reps but these seem to be okay for me.

Recent threads on Erin O'Brien have me thinking about trying Strong Body, Ageless Body again even though I didn't quite click with that one either the first time around. Maybe second time will be the charm? I think part of the problem is that I used too heavy of weight, and it's faster paced so it's more of an endurance workout really.
Old 04-21-13, 08:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Tara, I do have the Original Ripped and do like it a lot! I also like the one from Lean Machine that you mentioned also. I also tried my first Erin O'Brien recently, the one with the compound moves, and enjoyed that too. I have never tried Margaret Richard thinking they would be too long and grueling for my tastes. Anything over 30 minutes and I get antsy.

Here is a question for Judy or anyone else, why do you think Jari produces more dramatic results than say a KCM? My heartrate gets high with a KCM weights workout? Is it the higher reps of Jari's workouts?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 09:04 AM  
Jean@125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
Have you tried her Original Ripped? That is probably the least reppy of them all, if that's a word. I have tried her others but that's the only one of hers I really click with. I didn't mind Weights and Abs from Lean Machine but in the end I didn't keep it, maybe I should have.

For high reps I like Margaret Richard lately...she is very calming and for some reason her workouts are therapeutic. So she and Jari's Ripped are my go to's for higher rep/endurance work. I, like you have never been a huge fan of hi reps but these seem to be okay for me.

Recent threads on Erin O'Brien have me thinking about trying Strong Body, Ageless Body again even though I didn't quite click with that one either the first time around. Maybe second time will be the charm? I think part of the problem is that I used too heavy of weight, and it's faster paced so it's more of an endurance workout really.

Tara
What is the title of the original ripped? Thanks
Jean@125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-13, 09:08 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean@125 View Post
Tara
What is the title of the original ripped? Thanks
Hi Jean...it is simply titled Ripped, or Get Ripped. I think the most current cover is kind of a hot pink color. Although the original cover had Jari in a red outfit in kind of an awkward pose, that's the one I have. I don't see that cover anymore. I would be interested to know if anyone else has that cover... It's not the most flattering picture of Jari...

Tags
body rock, jari love, jari love rotation, jari love success, success stories, weights only