Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-13, 01:50 PM  
imhere2dance

Question Joyce Vedral: more questions about some DVDs

1. I have Joyce's Just Thighs & Just Arms DVD, which I really like. I read somewhere that Just Arms is the same upper body workout that's in Speedy, Non-Stop! plus Stomach Zapping Abs, which I don't have and can't find a clip of. Is that true? I don't want to buy the same workout again.

2. Can anyone tell me about Non-Stop and Dynamic Tension? It's yet another one I can't find a clip of and know little about.

3. Does anyone have Just Abs!? Day 5 is a 10 minute routine with Joyce and Marthe. They're wearing gray tank tops and shorts. Which video is that from?
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 02:01 PM  
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
1. I have Joyce's Just Thighs & Just Arms DVD, which I really like. I read somewhere that Just Arms is the same upper body workout that's in Speedy, Non-Stop! plus Stomach Zapping Abs, which I don't have and can't find a clip of. Is that true? I don't want to buy the same workout again.

2. Can anyone tell me about Non-Stop and Dynamic Tension? It's yet another one I can't find a clip of and know little about.

3. Does anyone have Just Abs!? Day 5 is a 10 minute routine with Joyce and Marthe. They're wearing gray tank tops and shorts. Which video is that from?
1. Just Arms is a totally different workout than Speedy Nonstop (which is one of my favorites). Just arms works in tri sets biceps,shoulders,tri and uses the full pyramid system. Speedy Nonstop uses super giant setting and the regular pyramid system. She throws in an awesome ab workout in between the 2 and 3rd sets. speedy Nonstop is worth getting because it has 2 amazing ab workouts on it that make it totally worth buying. Speedy works upper body and abs day 1 and lower body/back/butt on day 2.

2. Nonstop is a longer version of Speedy Nonstop. Her speed is pretty fast and the floorwork is much more intense than Speedy Nonstop. She forgets 1 set of butt work on 1 leg but I always pause it and add it in. ITs also sort of similar to Cougar. I like Cougar better . Dynamic Tension doesn't use pyramid system. I like it that its slower and not as fast as say Definition or Nonstop. I haven't done this one in a long time. I think its a good one for someone who is just starting Joyce's workouts along with Bone Building but you make it how tough you want by the size of weights.

3 Speedy Nonstop Xtra zapping abs. Its the extra abs on Speedy Nonstop. My favorite!
Old 04-12-13, 03:22 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

what mandy said!
okay - now to hijack this thread, Mandy, are you still doing Joyce's workouts?

Terrie
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 04:17 PM  
imhere2dance

Thank you so much, Mandy!
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 05:19 PM  
Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventmom View Post
what mandy said!
okay - now to hijack this thread, Mandy, are you still doing Joyce's workouts?

Terrie
Yes, I'm still Joycing. I got my daughter doing Toning for Teens by the book and I'm proud of her for sticking to it. She does horse vaulting and its helping her a lot.
Lately, I tried doing Joyce Weight Training Made easier Level 4 by the book. I liked doing it on my own. to my own rhythm and music. But it only lasted a week being a vidiot, I missed using my dvd's..lol

When I do Just Joyce Just Arms, I leave out the shoulders doing just biceps and triceps. Since its the true pyramid system, my shoulders can't keep up. After Just Arms, I like do do Fast Forward day 2 shoulders because it's giant setting hips and calves with shoulders. I love that routine and I can lift heavier for shoulders since I have longer rests. Thanks for letting me ramble on...haha

When I do the DVD's, I like Joyce's quicker workouts like Speedy Nonstop, Quick Quartet and Definition. Because I like how fast they are and I can do some aerobics afterward as my reward. But I also like Top Shape too and like to rotate it with Quick Quartet.
I don't do just Joyce though. I also throw in Cathe's workouts too. I love her new Xtrain Lower Body Blast. I just add in Joyce's WTME hip/butt/abs day 1 or 2 floorwork. And now I've gotten hooked on Tracie Longe's Longevities and so I'm trying to figure out how to rotate all these great workouts.
Old 04-12-13, 07:59 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
When I do the DVD's, I like Joyce's quicker workouts like Speedy Nonstop, Quick Quartet and Definition.
Interesting; those are the 3 I own. Haven't touched them in a long while, though. Maybe I should start Joycercising again.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 01:07 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Mandy thanks for the update. I've been mostly TA for a couple of years but won't part with my JV dvds! That's great that you've got your daughter working out. Mine says "I hate DVDs" but she is on the tennis team and helps me take care of the horses - but she doesn't vault! No vaulting teams around here (my sister vaulted - so nice to know it's still going on). Terrie
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 06:19 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Ok, this thread lead me to go back and request some of the mentioned books from Paperbackswap (where I've traded my copies away in the first place some years ago! LOL):
*12 Minute Total Body Workout
*The Fat Burning Workout

*College Dorm Workout (it wasn't mentioned here but the reviews on Amazon sounded great!)

And bought from an Amazon Marketplace seller *Definition, shape without bulk

Now I'm excited to actually start using Joyce's routine again! I remember back when I did follow her plan, I felt great! (Granted, I was also 10 yrs younger, but I'd like to think I can achieve that feeling & look again! -Or at least close to it! )

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 06:39 PM  
Sissy B

I've had several of Joyce's book over the years. The ones that I kept are

Weight Training Made Easy
Definition
The Bathing Suit Workout

Of her DVDs, I like Speedy NonStop and her Just Joyce series. I recently got Bottoms Up Gold Plus, but haven't done it yet.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-13, 06:55 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Oops.. I posted in the wrong JV thread! My bad!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar workout, dynamic tension, fast forward, joyce vedral, speedy non-stop