Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-13, 10:24 AM  
SpiritSong

Wow! Those are some results!! I need to get going on my beginner level yoga workouts so I can work my way up to Ultimate Yogi someday.
Old 04-12-13, 10:35 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I didn't make it to Day 2!!!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 10:37 AM  
sherry7899

Your results are fantastic!!! Congrats!

I've never made it through a single rotation-tell me I HAVE to do a certain workout on certain days, and I automatically want to do something (anything!)
else.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 11:53 AM  
hotncmom

My DH is just starting and he is having fantastic results already. He had been doing traditional workouts (EA Active and Your Shape Fitness Evolved) on the Xbox and had stalled out on the weight loss. I kept suggesting that he should at least balance out with yoga, so we got Yoga Foundations with Travis for him to start with. He would literally lose weight overnight when he did one yoga session. I encouraged him to switch over to walking and yoga. He took a break on our spring break vacation (just hiking), and started back with walking at lunch and yoga before dinner. He began UY instead of Foundations yesterday. After less than 2 weeks he has lost at least 5 lbs., looks noticeably slimmer and he is thrilled.

My theory is that the high intensity/impact of the other workouts (which were like Jillian-lite, compound movements and high impact cardio), caused his body to retain water and hold onto weight. So he is giving the walking/yoga rotation a chance. I think he was under the impression that yoga was too easy to have any benefit, and like most people he thought is was just stretching, but he is finding out with UY just how challenging yoga can be.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 01:00 PM  
Jules

Congrats on your awesome results! I just started (on Day 19 ) and I took Easter off from UY and last weekend off as well. I just picked up where I left off when I was ready. I am doing UY in conjunction with other workouts so I don't feel guilty in the least for skipping a day here or there if I am not feeling it. I skip most of the meditations and ab work too since there is plenty of that in my other workouts. UY is amazing though - definitely feeling the benefits already. If you don't want to do Strength, why not do one of the other UY workouts? I think Travis would still approve.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 02:02 PM  
laurajhawk

I did a UY rotation early last year and I felt the rotation-exhaustion right where you are feeling it. I've done P90X and CLX before, so when I got near day 90, I started thinking "It should be over by now! Rotations should be 90 days!"

Then I got over it and finished. As you say ... you're almost done. It wouldn't make sense to stop now! And I actually loved the rotation, it just felt long, there near the end.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 02:48 PM  
Elzabee5

No words of wisdom, but that is so great! I lasted somewhere between 5 and 7 days before I said to myself, "this is not really what I want out of yoga right now," and quit. UY is so physically hard! (At least to me.) I am so impressed! Good for you; just keep going! You're doing fantastic
Elzabee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 07:19 PM  
Tracyso2

Wink

Thank you all so much!! I'm definitely bound to complete the 108 days in 108 days, come hell or high water (so to speak). But your comments and encouragement are so helpful! I had to do Strength at 745a this morning, and there's nothing worse (to me) than yoga at 745a. But I did it, and thought of all of you. My next rotation will be Tracy Anderson Glutecentric & Blissology (to mitigate the not-so-great messages of Tracy Anderson). I think I need to do yoga every day for the rest of my life. And my husband is worried I'm going to keep losing weight; he says I'm getting too tiny. Trust me, I'm not. But it's nice to hear.
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 01:21 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Tracy, that's nice that you mitigate TA with Blissology, I do funny combinations like that, too - add a warmup with Misty Tripoli to an overly serious workout etc.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 03:05 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta-tude View Post
I didn't make it to Day 2!!!
one more day than me!

Tags
bryan kest, inch loss, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga foundations