Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-11-13, 08:17 PM  
Tracyso2

wearying of Ultimate Yogi...day 89

Hi all--
Just wondering if anyone else's UY enthusiasm started to flag at about this point. I am DEFINITELY going to complete the program --almost done, after all!-- but I'm facing down Strength tomorrow & am completely not feeling it. I also feel like my body changed a lot very quickly, but now that seems to have stalled. Any words of wisdom or encouragement?
Thanks!
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 08:27 PM  
Fitstick

I just wanted to commend you on your perseverance to complete the rotation!! I always have a tendency to dread rotations and rarely make it through. I would encourage you to change things up when your rotation is complete - do something totally different to shock your body. But the most important part might be to get back to some of the workouts that you really enjoy and missed while you were focusing on this rotation!

Best of luck to you!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 09:54 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh wow, you are so close -- you can do it! Think how good it will feel to be able to say you made it! I got into the 70s # of days and that was it for me. Now when I very occasionally do them, I do pick up where I left off -- I'm wondering if I will ever complete the 90 days. You can do it!!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 02:29 AM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

I would never even try. Good for you!
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 05:17 AM  
SpiritSong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyso2 View Post
I also feel like my body changed a lot very quickly, but now that seems to have stalled. Any words of wisdom or encouragement?
Thanks!
Now it is not about the body challenge, but the mental one. You can do it!
Old 04-12-13, 08:03 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I'm impressed that you have done it as well! Can I ask about what kind of results you saw in the beginning? I've never done a yoga-only rotation and am always curious about what results someone gets from this.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 08:30 AM  
eaocon

I only made it 39 days, and I was only doing the "108 days" part - using other videos since the regular UY program is way too advanced for me. Congrats on your progress so far!
Old 04-12-13, 09:07 AM  
newellcr

Day 75 and I hear you. I've been enjoying the program, but I think I would enjoy it more with 4-5 weekly yoga sessions with other workouts to round out the week.

I was in decent shape going into the program, but have found some strength gains. My physique is better - sort of more complete. My biceps, triceps, quads, hamstrings, and calfs have improved slightly, but I've noticed additional definition in all of those muscles and gained muscle mass in muscle groups that I can't even name. (I am eating to maintain and improve muscle mass) My flexibility has dramatically improved. The 'annoying' yoga parts have become much less annoying and I'm starting to come to appreciate some of those. I don't want to give up on these good things.

When I don't feel it, I just roll out the mat anyway. After a few minutes I forget about the fact that I wasn't feeling it and I enjoy the sense of accomplishment when I'm done.

Good luck!
newellcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 09:32 AM  
Tracyso2

Thanks so much for the support so far! I realize I only just completed day 88, not 89, so...mis-titled.
Anyway, the biggest change is that I must have lost 3-4" in my hips, and my thighs are much more pulled-in looking. These are my major problem areas, so I"m exceedingly happy about that. My arms are tighter, my abs slightly more so. I'm more flexible (can almost lie down on my legs in forward bends). I think that's more or less it on the physical front. It looks like I've lost about 15 lbs., and this is without doing the food program (though I don't eat many carbs) or Hard Core. No complaints about the program, except I think it would be better if it were 90 days, or 60 days, or something. I'm also not finding my energy very enhanced from it, or my sleep much improved, which is something other people have experienced (lucky them!) Anyone else have "results" to share?
Tracyso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-13, 09:35 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Wow, Tracy, losing so much off of your hips and thighs is VERY impressive!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bryan kest, inch loss, travis eliot, ultimate yogi, yoga foundations