Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-13, 03:55 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Couldn't agree with you more! In fact, my only one New Year's resolution this year was to talk less and do more, buy less and use what I already have - CONSISTENTLY. I've spent entire last year buying dvds and planning rotations which I didn't follow. I sat on my butt and consequently, started the year with the same 30 lbs I wanted to lose last year. This year however, it's going to be different. Talk less and do more - in every aspect of my life!
amen- that is exactly what I did, and what I need to do now!!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 05:06 PM  
shelleyann

LOVE your post Joni O.!! You are so right on. My thoughts exactly!

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 05:07 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Joni, I love Collage's success stories too! And the one who lost 150 lbs using Leslie - Amanda I think her name is - does look fabulous!

But, though this may have hit you as a revelation let's face it - this is something that deep down we all know to be true. An appropriate diet is still 75+ % of the fitness equation, so just find what you love to do and enjoy exercising! And as the saying goes: Consistency trumps intensity every time.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 05:18 PM  
sunday

Sometimes people are surprised that I lost 50 pounds by only doing light fusion - Ellen, barre, etc. - with no cardio or heavy weights. But like Joni pointed out, the consistency is the key, along with the diet! I always say that if you have weight to lose just make sure your diet is right first, and then you can do any workout you want.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 05:43 PM  
katchaser1

I salute those who have lost weight and kept it off!!
katchaser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 06:05 PM  
videofit

I've only used Margaret for at least four years now and I look best when I cut back on my calories so I can see muscle definition. Something I need to do now after the holidays. I'm consistent with my workouts but inconsistent with my eating and eating is key for weight loss.
Old 01-08-13, 07:54 PM  
Jane1721

Awesome post, Joni. I needed that today.

That reminds me of a co-worker from a number of years ago. She asked to borrow one of my Firm tapes, and when I brought it to her she said, "But does it work?" I said "Yes, exercise works if you do it." She wasn't happy with that answer and returned the tape without ever trying it.
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 08:08 PM  
mommy2two

I love this thread ! Different weight loss groups that I am in on facebook or sparkpeople some people will make you feel inferior if you are not doing the hard workouts like they are. Last year when I was the most consistent was when I would stay stocked up on books to read and use them to keep myself occupied on the stationary bike. I was up to 1 hr a day several times a week, but then the superiors would say thats not tough enough or you need to change it up etc so I would let them sway me but then would dread my workouts and would slack off.
mommy2two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 08:16 PM  
Harantwanders

Amen, Joni.
Old 01-08-13, 08:19 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
That reminds me of a co-worker from a number of years ago. She asked to borrow one of my Firm tapes, and when I brought it to her she said, "But does it work?" I said "Yes, exercise works if you do it." She wasn't happy with that answer and returned the tape without ever trying it.
What was she expecting, magic??
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
consistency, success stories, wisdom