Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-13, 01:40 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Collage Success Stories - My Reaction

Yesterday I spent over an hour reading through all the success stories at Collage, looking at the before-and-after pictures, being inspired. The goals of most were to lose weight and firm up; some just wanted to firm up. I'm sure nutrition was a key factor, along with the exercise.

The biggest revelation - to me - was that it didn't seem to matter what type of exercise they did. They were all successful and looked great! There were a few people who stuck to one instructor/workout type -- Leslie, Ellen, Firm, Cathe, P90X, Tae Bo, etc. There were more people who did a whole mish-mash of workouts.

I keep reading VF posts from people who were successful with X, with Y, with Z -and then I run out and buy that because that's what works! No, it ALL works. You just need to get off your butt and do it (speaking to myself here!).

I saw someone who looked fabulous and just used Leslie. Seriously? Same thing with Ellen. Okay, those who did a lot of Firm/Cathe/Jari seemed a bit more muscular, but it really appears that 'Consistency is the Key.' I'm sure another factor is what state of fitness you're in when you start.

All those caveats aside -- I think I'm going to stop looking for the magic bullet and just start enjoying my workouts. What a novel idea.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 01:47 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
All those caveats aside -- I think I'm going to stop looking for the magic bullet and just start enjoying my workouts. What a novel idea.
Couldn't agree with you more! In fact, my only one New Year's resolution this year was to talk less and do more, buy less and use what I already have - CONSISTENTLY. I've spent entire last year buying dvds and planning rotations which I didn't follow. I sat on my butt and consequently, started the year with the same 30 lbs I wanted to lose last year. This year however, it's going to be different. Talk less and do more - in every aspect of my life!
Old 01-08-13, 01:47 PM  
zellybelly

I am now in the best shape of my life thanks to Ballet Body. I know the biggest thing for me was because I enjoy it so much I am consistent with it and the results followed. Of course following a healthy food plan WW (lifetime member here) has helped keep off 70lbs.
Old 01-08-13, 01:48 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Preach it Joni!

Seriously, though, you are absolutely right. I'm still trying to get myself to move more as a habit. It's so cold right now, though, that all I want to do is hibernate under a warm blanket!!!
Old 01-08-13, 02:05 PM  
furmomof6

Thanks for the reminder, Joni! It's so true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Couldn't agree with you more! In fact, my only one New Year's resolution this year was to talk less and do more, buy less and use what I already have - CONSISTENTLY. I've spent entire last year buying dvds and planning rotations which I didn't follow. I sat on my butt and consequently, started the year with the same 30 lbs I wanted to lose last year. This year however, it's going to be different. Talk less and do more - in every aspect of my life!
Same here! I started the New Year +7lbs more than the last for them same reasons!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 02:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i keep wanting to start a thread with the title:

what would happen if you followed your own advice?
and Joni started one!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 02:40 PM  
northernlight

Absolutely agree. Joni. The hardest thing for me was just starting and, then, "just" sticking with it.

Finding something that you can actually look forward to doing is key, for me at least. It's been almost three months since I got back to working out and I have been doing all sorts of different things.

What I find, though, is if you don't tie yourself down to a strict regimen of exercise, there are patterns that evolve on their own because 1) you enjoy what you're doing and 2) you see results.

Life is too short to do workouts that feel punishing and strictly regimented and joyless.
northernlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 02:43 PM  
northernlight

Congratulations, Meghan! That's an impressive accomplishment
northernlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-13, 02:46 PM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlight View Post
Congratulations, Meghan! That's an impressive accomplishment
Thanks, I work at staying healthy every day.
Old 01-08-13, 02:52 PM  
iheartsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post

Love this!! Can I use this in my signature line???

Tags
consistency, success stories, wisdom