Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-12, 10:46 AM  
beospenser

Best ab DVD suggestions

Which strictly abdominal DVDs do you feel have made the biggest difference in your abs? I know obviously weight loss is key, but really defined your abs?
beospenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-12, 11:27 AM  
PeakFitness

Ana Caban Pilates Abs Workout
Old 10-21-12, 09:40 PM  
Shelbyfit

Jillian!

I have been doing Jillian Michaels' Killer Abs workouts for the past 2 weeks or so, and I have noticed a significant change in my abs. I have remained consistent with cardio, of course, but the exercises in Jillian's workouts are innovative and challenging, and really pay off.

Shelbyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-12, 09:55 PM  
imhere2dance

Curl (Kari Anderson) and Ab Blast (Jeanette Jenkins) are both 20 minutes and they pack a lot into those 20 minutes. The Best of Tamilee: Abs! Abs! Abs! has 7 different workouts. One is 5 minutes and the rest are around 10-15 minutes. Love those. Also, Basic Ab Workout for Dummies (Gay Gasper) is one I use a lot. It has two workouts: one is 10 minutes, which I do several times a week, and the other is 40 minutes.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-12, 10:35 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm a big fan of Cathe's Ab Hits. It's abs sections from many older Cathe workouts, from her Step Heat days up through the Slow & Heavy series. The menu allows you to choose the abs section from any one workout, or mix and match at will. The sections as filmed are short, between 6-12 minutes long, so even one section is an easy add-on after other workouts. The disc also has a handful of premixed combos combining plank/core work with more traditional abs.

This is my go-to abs disc. I'm not a fan of grinding 20-30 minute ab workouts because they bore me. Brief but intense is fine by me, and if you focus on form with Ab Hits, you'll get results. I also like that it's all floor abs, no standing work.

Caveat: because the workouts are older, they are crunch intensive. If you're shying away from crunches, it's not the workout for you.
Old 10-21-12, 11:11 PM  
Sharaz

How flat my belly look depends on what and how much I eat. In terms of seeing more separation (lines) and definition I respond better to abs workouts with long isometric holds, squeezes and controlled movements.

I personally find all abs workouts boring. The ones I use because have being effective are; INSANE ABS (30 mins) (it have a short standing section) Tony Horton One on One ISO ABS (20 mins 1 round 40 mins 2 rounds) (mat) and DDP Red Hot Core (14 mins) (mat). The last two are performed with isometrics holds and you should squeeze tight your abs on the contraction position for few seconds. ISO ABS is longer and more intense that RHC. RHC is short, but get the job done. I used Amy Core Cuts frequently during my JNL rotation. I think is great too, but is not in the same category of the others. There are 6 10 mins workouts all different styles.

If I have to recommend only two it will be ISO ABS and INSANE ABS. It takes a lot of concentration and breathing techniques to get trough both. Today I did ISO ABS after reading this tread. I always do just 1 round because I'm always short of time.
Old 10-22-12, 01:33 AM  
Mandy

Joyce Vedral's ab work is the best for me.

She works the abs in sets with small rests. Here are some titles:

Gut Love Handle Pooch Busters(she does 15 ab exercises and repeats it 2 more times).
Just Abs...there is an ab workout for each day of the week. Most of the ab exercises are giant sets. Where you do 5 ab exercises, rest 15 seconds and then repeated it 2 more times.

She has 2 ab workouts in Speedy Nonstop.

Bottoms Up gold plus abs

Cougar workout has alot of ab work.

I like working my abs in giant sets.
Old 10-22-12, 06:56 AM  
cfwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by athompson10 View Post
I'm a big fan of Cathe's Ab Hits. It's abs sections from many older Cathe workouts, from her Step Heat days up through the Slow & Heavy series. The menu allows you to choose the abs section from any one workout, or mix and match at will. The sections as filmed are short, between 6-12 minutes long, so even one section is an easy add-on after other workouts. The disc also has a handful of premixed combos combining plank/core work with more traditional abs.

This is my go-to abs disc. I'm not a fan of grinding 20-30 minute ab workouts because they bore me. Brief but intense is fine by me, and if you focus on form with Ab Hits, you'll get results. I also like that it's all floor abs, no standing work.

Caveat: because the workouts are older, they are crunch intensive. If you're shying away from crunches, it's not the workout for you.
ITA. This is my favorite, too.
cfwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 08:12 AM  
imhere2dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
How flat my belly look depends on what and how much I eat. In terms of seeing more separation (lines) and definition I respond better to abs workouts with long isometric holds, squeezes and controlled movements.
I've noticed that my belly feels flattest on the days I do 30 minutes of Pilates.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 09:16 AM  
Inchworm

Gorgeous Core is Fantastic! I also think JM 6 week 6 pack is great too.
Inchworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of tamilee, cougar workout