Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-12, 06:28 AM  
Tugger31

ROTATION RESULTS, anyone?

I thought it might be a fun idea to have a thread to post a rotation, either generic, one of Cathe's, a particular system, etc that has given you the best results in terms of muscle definition, fat loss and/or strength gains. I was up late last night reading thru the rotations sticky at Cathe's and so many people post about "I'm planning on starting this rotation next month...." etc but I would love to read a great follow up post to hear about results. I myself am guilty of having plans to start a rotation and then not following thru so this thread is also meant to be a bit of a motivating thread.

I'll start...I most recently completed Cathe's LIS rotation and my results where less jiggle in my thighs, my cardio endurance improved and I got a bit better at pushups. However my shoulders got a bit bulky and I seemed to lose a bit of strength in my upper body, specifically my biceps. I cant say these were my "best" results but it was the first rotation I actually stuck to in a long time!

My current "generic" rotation:

M--Chest, Tri's (currently using Gym Styles)
T--cardio and abs
W--Rest
Th--Ba, Sh, Bi's (Gym Styles)
F--cardio and abs
S--rest, yoga or cardio
S--Legs (Gym Style)

I'm only on week 1 so not much to update yet!!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 06:38 AM  
upperwside

I am doing Body Beast right now (with some tabata and HIIT for cardio) and am getting great results. I am gaining a lot of muscle and body fat is low. I have to say that is about 80% diet that is getting me my reslults though. I have always lifted heavy (i used to cross train a lot and also do high rep low weight too) but never loved the results on my body of heavy lifting.. though i loved doing it. I felt "bulky".. well.. it was my diet.. i have always been on the lean side i thought.. but when you put on muscle and you have some extra body fat over.. well.. it is not a nice look for me. Do diet is the key and heavy lifting for the over all desired look i want in my body.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 09:12 AM  
Tugger31

I had similar experiences in the past. I really love what heavy lifting does for my body when I'm lifting heavy in conjunction with a clean diet. When my diet isnt great I tend to look "bulky" despite being strong. When I did the LIS rotation, even though my measurements especially in my arms were smaller, my arms looked like shapeless, flabby sausages, not a good look either. Plus I had lost strength. As I get older, I'm willing to look "bulky" as long as I am strong. Ultimately, having strength and looking great with a clean diet is optimal
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 10:26 AM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I am doing Body Beast right now (with some tabata and HIIT for cardio) and am getting great results. I am gaining a lot of muscle and body fat is low. I have to say that is about 80% diet that is getting me my reslults though.I have always lifted heavy (i used to cross train a lot and also do high rep low weight too) but never loved the results on my body of heavy lifting.. though i loved doing it. I felt "bulky".. well.. it was my diet.. i have always been on the lean side i thought.. but when you put on muscle and you have some extra body fat over.. well.. it is not a nice look for me. Do diet is the key and heavy lifting for the over all desired look i want in my body.
First and foremost I have to agree 100% with upperwside about diet....diet and portion control was 80% of my success and exercise only about 20% and I keep wondering why it took me so long to figure that out

For me the exercise rotation that got me started on positive results that I've always looked for and wanted and finally got was THE LADY SPARTACUS WORKOUT, KBKB and RKS rotation and later combining it with Rachel Cosgrove and Alwyn Cosgrove Metabolic Resistance-Training Workouts (Total-body toning written workouts) Rachel and Alwyn Cosgrove Metabolic workouts were very challenging for me but it turned out to be exactly what my body needed and I finally broke my plateau I've been stuck on for about a year I lost now over 25# my blood pressure went way, way down,I got very toned and stronger (because I started lifting heavier whether it was Kettlebells or dumbbells/barbells. A little icing on the cake for me is I can now fit comfortably in my Old Navy Rockstar Super Skinny colored jeans (yes that's the actual name of the Jeans)

I want to thank the VFers that posted THE LADY SPARTACUS WORKOUT and Vfer Abot for turning me on to KBKB
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 02:13 PM  
mrsyancy

For me it was P90x......but i have to agree with everyone that when it happened i was eating quite well...not perfect or completely "clean" but it was good and i lost 60 pounds in 7 months and about 40ish inches.....i wasn't lfiting very heavy, it was more moderate weights for me, and the results were lovely:love
mrsyancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 03:12 PM  
AnMrsDe

Wow, awesome results everyone!

Thanks for this thread--I love to read rotation ideas!

The most recent, really noticeable results for me came with doing Les Mills Pump rotation for 2 months at the beginning of the year. I only lost around 7-8#, but my inch loss made up for it and I could wear pants I haven't fit into in 6 years! It SOOO revolves around cleaner eating - to see any results and I agree with the 80/20 equation. Granted, I did NOT follow their rotation - I would've went nuts - esp. Month 1,, doing the same workout for weeks! I did the Pump workouts (rotating them all), their cardio w/o's, but also added in yoga, and the occasional (other) cardio (mostly walks).

I need to mention also during my Cathe LIS rotation last year, I had very noticeable results....again, not much poundage loss, but a major inch loss. And, ironically enough, even though they are considered "joint friendlier", I modified the heck out of them since I didn't have discs and I did a lot of moves on my rebounder. Being a seasoned exerciser with limitations, I know what my knees/shoulders/wrists can't handle. I just love those metabolic-type workouts and think my body really responds well to them - I sure hope Cathe includes some of those in XTrain too!!

Fast forward and sad to say, I had to go on thyroid meds over the summer which pretty much was detrimental to my metabolism and gained almost all my inches/pounds back. This was very unusual - since I almost ALWAYS lost weight during the summer. However, I am on the road to trying to deal with the appetite increase/metabolism adjustment and clean up my eating (even moreso than before), and have lost a few pounds and several inches in the past month. So, I'm getting there and realize I have to work doubly hard, LOL, but thankfully, my workouts haven't suffered in the least and I am having a blast! I love working out hard and long - I think mostly for my sanity of dealing with these changes, if nothing else!

This summer, I followed a generic rotation that included PT exercises in place of yoga:

Weights (moderate to heavy)
Cardio
AWT
Cardio
Lower Body (mostly unweighted toning)
AWT
Rest/Yoga

I can't wait to start a set rotation again (XTRAIN anyone?!), as I'm noticing more often I stand awestruck in front of my w/o collection trying to decided which workout to do!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 03:29 PM  
princess76

I lost 12 inches doing CLX and had major strength gains. I can now wear size 12 jeans (down from size 16 before CLX).
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 11:53 PM  
runnermom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsyancy View Post
For me it was P90x......but i have to agree with everyone that when it happened i was eating quite well...not perfect or completely "clean" but it was good and i lost 60 pounds in 7 months and about 40ish inches.....i wasn't lfiting very heavy, it was more moderate weights for me, and the results were lovely:love
Congrats on your hard work and weight loss! Did you start out with P90X and continue for the whole 7 months? I know that moderate weights work for me and am curious about your workouts. Also about your diet too-I will PM you for that. Thanks!
runnermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-12, 07:29 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm in the final week of a 4-week Brazil Butt Lift rotation - needed something not too tough or too long that I could stick with, as I was starting to drift in my workouts. I'll post final results on Friday, but preliminary ones: lost a couple of pounds and tightened up a lot in the waist and thighs and got a booty lift in the process (I did the flat butt rotation). I'll measure inches lost after I'm done, but everything fits better - I've lost the little muffin top over my everyday jeans, after two weeks I was back into another pair of jeans I haven't worn for months...even my underpants fit better!
Old 10-14-12, 07:48 AM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess76 View Post
I lost 12 inches doing CLX and had major strength gains. I can now wear size 12 jeans (down from size 16 before CLX).
Good for you!!!!

Tags
plateau, successful weight loss