Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-12, 10:11 AM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
I'm out if they are 45 minutes I was really hoping for 30 minutes or less. 45 minutes isn't short
I'm out for sure at this point. Was hoping for 20-30 minute practices. If I had time to reach for 45 minutes, I might as well pick one of the shorter workouts from my UY set. No since spending money on something that won't bring any new advantage or use. I had been looking forward to these but it's also nice not to be tempted. I can put the savings toward towards something else in my fitness budget.
EnglishIvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 10:26 AM  
hotncmom

Earlier in the thread someone said they talked with Lauren and that this set would be 4 practices, 30-40 minutes each. I don't know why they're saying all 45 minute practices now?

I am really trying to fit in yoga as much as I can but it is hard, especially when you feel like you need to do other workouts to work on specific problem areas. Jillian Michaels has a DVD called Yoga Meltdown with 2 30 minute practices, and I don't really like her, but the practices are good and just the right amount. I was really hoping for the same with Travis...but for it to have that challenging but relaxing vibe that the UY practices have.

This looks like a wait and see kind of thing.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 11:34 AM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I had sent an email asking a few questions about it and here is what I received on the 16th:

Funny that you should mention this as I just dropped it off at the replicators on Friday.
> It takes about 45 days to replicate barring any issues in the manufacturing process. I will however be releasing a downloadable version soon as well and I will email you when they are ready.
> Short and Sweet is what it says - short and sweet - 4 forty five minute sweet flows that you can do on those days where you can't fit in a full practice.
> Yariv
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Earlier in the thread someone said they talked with Lauren and that this set would be 4 practices, 30-40 minutes each. I don't know why they're saying all 45 minute practices now?

.....This looks like a wait and see kind of thing.
They probably weren't sure of the final length when they were still filming so they just gave estimates. By the latest report, the UY people sent off the material to the replicators. They stated that they were 45 minute practices at that point. If they are at the replicators, it seems like a done deal.
Old 09-26-12, 03:42 PM  
herya

Travis has just posted this on his Facebook, so not sure what the length is after all:

"Short and Sweet" upcoming DVD statement: There has been some confusion as to the duration of these practices...they are ALL very close to 30min...NOT 45min...i wanted to keep it short and sweet for those limited on time...they are coming out later this fall so stay posted and cant' wait for you to experience them...blessings!

I don't mind 45 minutes myself as it takes me some time to get in and out of a practice so with 20-25 minutes it's often over before it started. But I may be interested in 30-40 minutes!
Old 09-26-12, 04:17 PM  
mle777

Yay! I'm back on board

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 05:23 PM  
hotncmom

Yipee!!! I'm so happy and can't wait to get these!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 05:34 PM  
Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post
Travis has just posted this on his Facebook, so not sure what the length is after all:

"Short and Sweet" upcoming DVD statement: There has been some confusion as to the duration of these practices...they are ALL very close to 30min...NOT 45min...i wanted to keep it short and sweet for those limited on time...they are coming out later this fall so stay posted and cant' wait for you to experience them...blessings!

I don't mind 45 minutes myself as it takes me some time to get in and out of a practice so with 20-25 minutes it's often over before it started. But I may be interested in 30-40 minutes!
Thank you, Marta ... good to know!
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-12, 05:47 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mle777 View Post
Yay! I'm back on board
SWEET! I'm back on board, too! Yay for 30 minutes!
Old 09-26-12, 06:50 PM  
EnglishIvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
I had sent an email asking a few questions about it and here is what I received on the 16th:

Funny that you should mention this as I just dropped it off at the replicators on Friday... Short and Sweet is what it says - short and sweet - 4 forty five minute sweet flows ..
> Yariv

Quote:
Originally Posted by herya View Post

Could the confusion possibly be due to the fact that his people are reporting wrong information LOL Or maybe there has been a rapid re-shuffling. Travis and clan no doubt read the VF responses. Wouldn't surprise me if they call the replicators in a panic and told them to throw out a few chapters If I get these and all the warrior poses are done one side, I'm going to be suspicious
Old 09-26-12, 06:51 PM  
sherry7899

Fantastic!! I can't wait for these to come out-

Thanks for posting, Marta.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
short and sweet, travis eliot, yoga, yoga cross training, yoga foundations