Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-12, 10:32 AM  
SuzieC

Results with yoga booty ballet?

Hello all,
I was just wondering...has anyone seen results with Yoga Booty Ballet workouts? I'm asking because, well although these workouts have an obvious fun factor, can you get results from them? If you have seen positive changes, what was your fitness level when you started and how often did you use them? which YBB program did you like best?
I am a sucker for rotations...and now looking for low impact options. I wonder if using Yoga booty ballet for cardio and another program for strength will be good (for example, Jillian's body revolution or TA's muscle structure, or Firms... doing one of these rotations without the cardio and replaceing the cardio with yoga booty ballet).
Would love to hear what you think...
How fun is that Go-go workout? Double chicken! Tequila! Squirt gun! LOL.

I do have Project You, from what I remember it's mostly low impact, but it's a wee bit boring.... (i feel bad saying that because I LOVE Kathy Smith).

Suzie
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 10:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I had great results when I was using it faithfully. My favorites are the original set (it was called the goddess set when I bought it) and the Masters. I got kind of burned out on the Lives.

You hear over and over that you can't spot train, but all my problem areas below the waist got smaller and tighter. Most importantly it really freed up back pain issues.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 12:50 PM  
slysam

I haven't done a rotation of YBB to know. I have received a few from kind VF'ers in either trades or SASEs and really like these workouts. Especially for cardio and stretching. I feel like they are good cardio (but I do get good cardio from dance workouts and can modify up if I need to.) For me, the results seem to come from doing some cardio I like, some stretching, and mainly the strength/toning/resistance training involved. As long as I do some cardio, it doesn't seem to matter just ideally something that doesn't cause injury and that I enjoy.

I have a heard time sticking to rotations as I love variety. When I have I have had good results as it helps me focus. But I have never strictly stuck to a rotation. What I have done way x strength rotation, y cardio rotation, z flexibility rotation. So using your example, firm for strength, ybb for cardio and flexibility (assuming that is what you want to use for flexibility). I am not saying to choose the firm, just an example.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-12, 03:39 PM  
SuzieC

Thanks for the input!
It's good to know that these helped with back pain, which is another of my (recurring) problems.
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 10:11 AM  
Eibhinn

Weirdly, the only physical results I, or anyone else, noticed when I was doing a lot of Yoga Booty Ballet workouts was that my skin got really good. I have no idea why, but people would comment about the fact that I was "glowing." One person even asked if I was pregnant. I didn't notice that it did anything at all for my shape, and I didn't lose any weight.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 11:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

How interesting!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 11:24 AM  
slysam

Wow! I wonder if that was the yoga aspect of ybb? That is still a great result though.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 11:36 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

These were the workouts I was doing in 2005 (along with kettlebells and Kukuwa). They made me feel good about myself and that was key to my weight loss.
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-12, 04:26 PM  
Eibhinn

I think the "glowy" thing might have been from the kundalini part of YBB, maybe also that I was having a lot of fun exercising regularly. Whatever it was, it was strange, and I'm sad I burned myself out on YBB so badly, because I finally had to get rid of them.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-12, 01:58 PM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I still love the original set. Never did it exclusively so can't speak to results, but the original set always made me FEEL so good!

Tags
results, rotations, ybb rotation, yoga booty ballet