Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-06-11, 11:17 AM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Am I the only person whose weight regularly fluctuates within a 5+ pound range? I couldn't ever credit a weight loss of less than 10 pounds to anything in particular. Am I bizarre?
No, you're not the only one and you're not bizarre. Or else I am too.

I'm always amazed when someone says, "I lost two pounds" and gets all excited. I'm always wondering how they know since I can easily gain or lose two or three pounds in one day. I was thinking maybe I was bizarre but I feel better knowing someone else experiences the same thing.
Old 08-06-11, 11:20 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Oh my weight fluctuates wildly too. And my stomach bloats after every meal or even glass of water (TMI?) so I have to carefully take all measurements 1st thing in the morning on a completely empty stomach.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 11:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Oh my weight fluctuates wildly too. And my stomach bloats after every meal or even glass of water (TMI?) so I have to carefully take all measurements 1st thing in the morning on a completely empty stomach.
Exactly. I do all my weighing and measuring 1st thing in the morning, before I eat or drink a thing. I weigh myself once a week on the same day to avoid the daily ups and downs. I don't know if it's 100% accurate but I can guage a trend fairly accurately, as in going up or down or staying the same.

Gina, what is up with the bloating, you think? I have it too after every meal. Is it an allergy or sensitivity to something? Have you been able to pinpoint it? I'm just curious because I haven't been able to pinpoint mine. I was thinking maybe a gluten sensitivity or something else entirely maybe?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 11:43 AM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Exactly. I do all my weighing and measuring 1st thing in the morning, before I eat or drink a thing. I weigh myself once a week on the same day to avoid the daily ups and downs. I don't know if it's 100% accurate but I can guage a trend fairly accurately, as in going up or down or staying the same.

Gina, what is up with the bloating, you think? I have it too after every meal. Is it an allergy or sensitivity to something? Have you been able to pinpoint it? I'm just curious because I haven't been able to pinpoint mine. I was thinking maybe a gluten sensitivity or something else entirely maybe?
I found that since starting BHRT the bloating has lessened and also I had food allergy testing which showed an allergy to eggs and I used to eat them all the time so had to lay off. I also came out with allergies to peanuts, another all time favorite. Since I eat less of these (no eggs, much less peanuts) the bloating is also much less. An age thing?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 11:44 AM  
caligurl

the ONLY way that i lose weight is by watching what i eat! i'm a consistent exerciser.... but if i eat crap i will gain a few pounds... if i want to lose them back again (or not blow up like a balloon) i have to get my eating in check.

it's all.about.the.food.

i do prefer the higher intensity workouts that burn more calories... because if were only to do something like yoga or stretching that only burned 100 calories a session... i'd have to restrict my eating too much for my liking (i like food!)
it is NOT against the rules to say DIET on this forum!
-----
"VFers have a right to post negative opinions about an instructor,
and there is not a limit on the number of times they do so".
- WWWendy

-----
"...no matter how unpopular you perceive your opinion to be, we guarantee you
are not the only one here who holds that opinion, and you should feel free to express it."
- WWWendy via forum guidelines
caligurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 11:59 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyMarie65 View Post
I found that since starting BHRT the bloating has lessened and also I had food allergy testing which showed an allergy to eggs and I used to eat them all the time so had to lay off. I also came out with allergies to peanuts, another all time favorite. Since I eat less of these (no eggs, much less peanuts) the bloating is also much less. An age thing?
Ah, thanks KellyMarie. Yea, it's most definitely an age thing, I would agree. I should try to keep better track of my eating as far as when the bloating is worse. I have been suspecting food sensitivities for awhile now, gluten maybe. I appreciate your input.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 12:00 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I lost 10 pounds doing circuit workouts and lighter weights, mostly Jari Love plus Cathe's Low Impact Circuit. I cleaned up my eating as well.
Old 08-06-11, 12:54 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I don't weigh and measure, but my belly doesn't stay flat throughout the day either.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 12:59 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
It's certainly gotten worse as I've gotten older (turning 50 this year). I don't want to get into diet too much, but I've eliminated or am eliminating processed foods and certain food groups and hopefully this is helping. I'll PM you with more info.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 02:17 PM  
upperwside

I lost the baby weight (5-8 lbs after done nursing) doing TA cardio and Tonique. I alternated TA and Tonique 6 days a week.. but walked a lot every day and the 7th day as well. My diet is always the same. I eat good 6 days a week and then eat what ever the heck i want one day.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
last 10, last 10 pounds, last 5 pounds, significant weight loss, success stories, weight loss