Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-11, 08:26 PM  
juberann

I lost 84 pounds doing Leslie Sansone's workouts back in 2002-2003. Leslie was ALL I did and at the time I only had the WATP with the weighted balls and WATP for Abs series but that's all it took. 84 pounds in a little over 12 months
Old 08-05-11, 08:29 PM  
juberann

Want to add that although Leslie's workouts were all I did for exercise, d*** also played a HUGE role in my weightloss. Don't want to give the impression that big changes weren't made there, as well
Old 08-05-11, 10:07 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

One summer DH and I were full time at the place we had on an island back then while our main house was remodeled. With the prep for the remodel I'd gotten inot a slack routine on my workouts. That summer we went for a twilight 3 mile round trip walk up the shoreline and back 3 evenings a week. I lost 5 pounds in a month with no other changes and hardly anything else in the way of exercise. If I remember, I did like two short upper body workouts and some stretching in that month. DH does walk faster than I do, even when he's slowing down for me, so I was working harder than i would walking on my own.

This is the most notable single change weight loss effect I've had. The other direction I gained 30 pounds in a year and 10 the next when I went from working as a floor nurse in a hospital and on my feet all shift to a nursing administration job at a desk with no change in diet. As soon as I quit that job I joined VF and took 3 years to lose most of it. Moving makes the bigger difference for me.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 10:13 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Duplicate

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 10:32 PM  
Eibhinn

I'm astounded by people who can pinpoint the source of a 2-5 pound weight loss

I can lose 5 pounds by ---
....doing a yoga workout
....sleeping
....watching tv
....having the flu
....finishing my period
....eating a salad
....eating a burger
....being dehydrated

Am I the only person whose weight regularly fluctuates within a 5+ pound range? I couldn't ever credit a weight loss of less than 10 pounds to anything in particular. Am I bizarre?
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 01:08 AM  
hpotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post

....doing a yoga workout
....sleeping
....watching tv
....having the flu
....finishing my period
....eating a salad
....eating a burger
....being dehydrated

Am I the only person whose weight regularly fluctuates within a 5+ pound range? I couldn't ever credit a weight loss of less than 10 pounds to anything in particular. Am I bizarre?
Everyone else in the thread reported 8+ lb weight loss but me with only 2 lbs so I feel like I need to explain a little more
Like I said I'm really close to my ideal weight, for the last 3 years no matter what I do(almost daily yoga and 2 cardio/week) I don't lose any weight. My body has changed shape over time in maybe the last 4 years due to yoga. But not until recently the sleeping routine change(in a month) that I see the weight loss and everyone comments on how much I lost and how good I looked.
I still experience the weight gain(1~2lb) before period, but the overall curve has shifted down by 2, and I'm happy about that.
hpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 04:54 AM  
PhyllisG

I lost 5 lbs in a month when I got a new dog and walked him 4x a day. I exercise regularly, watch what I eat but the dog walking made a difference. Before that I used to just let the dogs out but this guy had to be walked and 2 positive results--I enjoyed the walks and I lost 5 lbs.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 07:04 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post

....doing a yoga workout
....sleeping
....watching tv
....having the flu
....finishing my period
....eating a salad
....eating a burger
....being dehydrated

I regularly fluctuate about 3 lb, particularly with my menstrual cycle. So when I say I lost 5 pounds, I mean that my highest weight of the month is five pounds lower than my highest weight of the month had been. And likewise, my lowest weight of the month is 5 pounds lower than my lowest weight of the month had been.

All those regular daily/monthly fluctuations don't count as weight gain or loss to me. You have to compare apples to apples (highs to highs) and orange to oranges (lows to lows).
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-11, 07:21 AM  
gigi

In 2.5 weeks I went down one whole size doing mostly gym workouts; BodyStep, BodyCombat, BodyAttack, BodyPump and RKS Kettlebells workout (anywhere from 1 to 4 workouts a week). I think for me it's the cardio factor. AND I started counting calories. I haven't weighed myself and don't plan to. I just know my clothes are getting bigger and I go shopping and try on stuff to see where I'm at. I've now walked by some outfits that used to make me depressed and recently, I walked by some cute fall outfits and thought in a few weeks or months I'll be able to look cute in an outfit like that and it totally motivated me!

What turned me around after a rough two years, was my friend who turned 40 and for about two years just could not lose weight. She never gave up or went to extremes but found what works for her. I looked at her and was so proud of her (love her like a sister, best friend a girl could ever have), started to feel sorry for myself and said no, this is it. I'm doing this and by my 42nd birthday I'm going to have this turned around. I pray about it too.

The other thing for me is to watch my self talk. I stop thoughts and say the truth to myself and pray for strength.
Old 08-06-11, 07:37 AM  
cdayley

Last summer, I decided to be very consistent with my working out AND I added a 2 mile walk to a Firm workout (or one of the spinoffs like Fitprime or Tracie Long) almost every day. I lost 1.5 inches off my waist in a little over a month, along with 3 lbs. I have kept up that routine, and I started modifying what I eat this spring, and I am now down 10 lbs. I have lost 2.5 inches off my waist.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
last 10, last 10 pounds, last 5 pounds, significant weight loss, success stories, weight loss