Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-11, 12:12 PM  
imhere2dance

Joyce Vedral: Do I need a bench (or a step or a ball)?

I don't have any of those things in the room where I exercise. I'm interested in her Speedy, Non-Stop! Plus Stomach Zapping Abs DVD. When she does exercises on the bench, can I do them standing or on the floor?
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-11, 02:21 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Hi: I've used most of Joyce's workouts over the years. I do not own a bench - I use either a step or a ball. For Speedy Non Stop I use ball (for chest work) the rest is standing or floor. I would suggest laying on the floor when she is laying on the bench.

Terrie
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 09:27 AM  
imhere2dance

*Bump*

* This is an old thread of mine. *

Anyone else want to chime in? Remember I don't have a bench, step, or ball. I need to be able to do the exercises on the floor, on a chair, or standing.

I have Just Abs! and I ordered Just Thighs & Just Arms. I'd like to try more of her workouts but it's hard to find clips, and a lot of the ones I do find are super short and don't give me much to go on.

Also, can anyone tell me about The Complete Interval Aerobic? I watched a short clip on YouTube. Marthe used an exercise bike and Joyce walked in place. How many intervals are there and how long are they? Does Joyce walk during each one or does she do other exercises? (I also don't have an exercise bike, although I'd love one.)
Old 11-19-12, 11:12 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

hi
- I don't have just abs but you will be fine with Just Thighs and Just arms.
Interval Aerobics - she does do some other things but it's hard to call it dancing (LOL) - I pretty much do my own thing during the cardio intervals. I can't remember how many intervals.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 11:31 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhere2dance View Post
Also, can anyone tell me about The Complete Interval Aerobic? I watched a short clip on YouTube. Marthe used an exercise bike and Joyce walked in place. How many intervals are there and how long are they? Does Joyce walk during each one or does she do other exercises? (I also don't have an exercise bike, although I'd love one.)
I don't remember how many intervals either, several. In each cardio interval, Joyce walks, does a "dance step" (put it in quotes because I never figured it out and just did my own thing), sings, talks incessantly.... When they have gone through the several intervals, they do it again - literally. They act like the are going into Round 2 and then the footage from the first round is repeated again

If you aren't married to following Joyce, you could use gliding disks or Fitstix or jog around or do traditional Leslie walk moves, etc.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 11:38 AM  
imhere2dance

Thanks for the replies. I may check that one out for laughs, if nothing else. LOL

I'd still like to know if she has any other strength training workouts where I won't need a bench, step, or ball. I like Joyce.
Old 11-19-12, 02:26 PM  
Mandy

Interval aerobics has 9 intervals.. Its divided into Butt, thighs and abs. So you do an interval..do whatever you want for cardio, slide, step, jumping jacks..Joyce wants you to pull out the equipment that is collecting dust and use it. Then do 3 exercises for butt(15 reps each). Then another interval. Back to butt. Another interval. Then last set of 3 exercises for butt.

Then move on to next interval. Then next 3 exercises are for thighs. Repeat interval. And so forth

The last 3 intervals has 3 exercises for abs in between each interval.

You can choose to do 20 minutes or repeat it all over for 40.

I really like this workout because it moves and i use my own music. I also use all sorts of equipment. My Transfirmer for incline step, tall box climbs and step. I also use my slide or just do good old fashion kickboxing.

Another Joyce Vedral DVD that you don't need a step is her Cougar workout. She shows modification where you can just us a pillow on the floor for chest work. A fellow VF'er shows modification.
This Cougar workout is very similiar to her Nonstop! But has much more ab work!

Walk with Joyce doesn't use a bench either. I love the swing walking with weights. I use weighted gloves.
Old 11-19-12, 02:36 PM  
imhere2dance

Thank you, Mandy!

Can you tell me how long the Interval and Cougar workouts are?
Old 11-19-12, 08:01 PM  
txfitmom

You can definitely modify the Joyce workouts and do them on the floor if necessary. I don't own a weight bench and usually don't like to get my step out so I usually do those exercises on the floor.

A while back when I was doing a Joyce rotation I found these threads helpful:

Everything Joyce Vedral Thread

Is It the Speed of the Vedral Workouts That Gives Results

Joyce Vedral Lower Body Work Results

Joyce Vedral Rotations

Joyce Vedral Loose Skin

Please Talk To Me About JV

Joyce Vedral Favorites

Joyce Vedral Vs Slim Series

Joyce Vedral

JV DVD Suggestions

Are JV Workouts Worth Overlooking

More Joyce Vedral

Now I Have Joyce Questions

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-12, 10:20 PM  
Mandy

Cougar is 74 min. But its divided upper, standing lower body/back, floorwork(hip/butt/abs).
Interval aerobics is 20 minutes or you can choose to do the 40 min option which is the same first 20 minutes repeated.

Tags
cougar workout, joyce vedral