Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-11, 12:07 PM  
moonbeam31

Kari Question

Is Kari Anderson's Reach similar to her new Center Floor? I have Reach but do not have Center Floor yet-of course I want it! I was just wondering how similar they may be! Thanks,
Tracy
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 09:38 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I just did Center Floor. Background - I love Kari as an instructor and really liked Angles, Lines and Curves 1 & 2. I like Reach okay when I'm doing it, but for some reason I just never do it. It has somewhat of a dread factor.

Now - I think Center Floor has taken the lead as my favorite! It is similar in that the first half is standing and the last half is mat. I like the music better in Center Floor. It has a few sections that have a cardio effect. I don't recall that from Reach. And Center Floor has some innovative moves that I don't remember from her other workouts. Kari's personality shines though in this one too, although not quite as much as it does in Sweat Express II.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 12:40 PM  
moonbeam31

Thank you for your reply! This looks so very good to me! I usually like workouts that just have no more than 2 background people as well. Reach has a lot-it gets kinda distracting for me I guess. The music in those 2 new Kari's sounds great and different as well!
Old 05-31-11, 12:43 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I know it's crazy, but I think it may be the colors in Reach that bother me.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 12:48 PM  
shelleyann

I think Reach and Center Floor are similar. Center Floor is more modern & fresh and less crowded. It has more ballet to it and more cardio type moves than Reach. They are similar, but have a different feel also.

Exercise should enhance your life! It should make you feel good & be fun, not drudgery or a beating.

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." Marcus Aurelius
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 12:48 PM  
moonbeam31

I know- kinda bland. They also look far away from the camera too. The same way Go! and Push! were filmed. IDK? Weird stuff like that make or break it for me! I am all about atmosphere! Even when dining out- I prefere atmosphere over the actual food!
Old 05-31-11, 01:01 PM  
Gams

I'm not sure what it is, but there is a way that workouts are filmed where everyone seems farther away and not like you are up close - hard to explain what I mean. (Some t.v. shows are like this, too.) I asked about it somewhere years ago and I think it had something to do with whether or not the production was done on tape or film. (I can't remember exactly what they said.) Anyway, I don't like the far away filmed ones. (I don't have these Kari workouts, but I think some of Petra's latest workouts have been this way and I don't care for it.)

Not sure if that's what you are referring to, moonbeam.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 01:49 PM  
moonbeam31

gams- yea, you nailed it!
Old 05-31-11, 01:50 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyann View Post
I think Reach and Center Floor are similar. Center Floor is more modern & fresh and less crowded. It has more ballet to it and more cardio type moves than Reach. They are similar, but have a different feel also.
That's what I gathered from the clips-but I still had to ask! Thanks! I really want it.

Tags
center floor, kari anderson, reach