Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-11, 02:11 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Does anyone have these yet? Any reviews?

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 02:23 PM  
Judy W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I just did Sweat Express II. LOVED it! Solid intermediate, just a bit complex-dancy at points, but not hard to follow. Each song has its own choreography, and she will use 2 or 3 different moves per song. So you don't have to remember a bunch of complex patterns, and no TIFT except within the individual song. The workout builds in intensity -- no "blasts" or "peaks", but ever-increasing intensity. There is a separate chapter for the cooldown and another for the stretch, which is, as you would expect from Kari, absolutely lovely and thorough. The music is wonderful, her cueing is flawless, and she gives good tips for doing the workout on carpet. I found it to be friendly to my at times unfriendly knee and other joints. There's some impact, but not a burpee to be seen -- ah, how refreshing!

I didn't get Center Floor, but may just have to check it out. I know Sweat Express II is MY kind of workout -- intense, dancy, interesting, good production and music. And I'll do it often. I'm so glad you can still get a workout like this in 2011, the era of Insanity, Asylum, Cardio Shock and all the clones! Those workouts are great for some, but this works better for me, because I enjoy it and I'll do it.
Judy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 02:41 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I'm still waiting on mine...

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 03:31 PM  
Jacqi A
VF Supporter

Thanks for the review - Mary sent mine as soon as they came in but it'll be ages before they arrive. Sounds really good! Interesting that she used "each song separate choreography", I like this format, but I don't know if it's common in aerobics classes now.
Jacqi A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 03:43 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy W. View Post
I just did Sweat Express II. LOVED it! Solid intermediate, just a bit complex-dancy at points, but not hard to follow. Each song has its own choreography, and she will use 2 or 3 different moves per song. So you don't have to remember a bunch of complex patterns, and no TIFT except within the individual song. The workout builds in intensity -- no "blasts" or "peaks", but ever-increasing intensity. There is a separate chapter for the cooldown and another for the stretch, which is, as you would expect from Kari, absolutely lovely and thorough. The music is wonderful, her cueing is flawless, and she gives good tips for doing the workout on carpet. I found it to be friendly to my at times unfriendly knee and other joints. There's some impact, but not a burpee to be seen -- ah, how refreshing!

I didn't get Center Floor, but may just have to check it out. I know Sweat Express II is MY kind of workout -- intense, dancy, interesting, good production and music. And I'll do it often. I'm so glad you can still get a workout like this in 2011, the era of Insanity, Asylum, Cardio Shock and all the clones! Those workouts are great for some, but this works better for me, because I enjoy it and I'll do it.
Thanks, Judy! SE2 was the one I was interested in, since I don't do barre, and it sounds great.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 04:57 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Judy did a great job reviewing. I don't have anything to add, but what a pleasure it was to workout with Kari again. What an absolute treat! It was fun seeing her daughter as one of the background exercisers.

I can't comment on the intensity because it followed a half hour of Wii Active Life Explorer, but it was definitely fun!

She doesn't seem to have aged a single day!

I Kari!
Old 05-28-11, 06:31 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy W. View Post

Great review! It sounds like something I would enjoy! Some good 'ole aerobics with dancey patterns and no burpees! That is my most-hated move of all time! More workouts like this are needed in this day and age-I am glad she did this. I must get this one for sure!
Tracy
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-11, 06:32 PM  
moonbeam31

which one is her daughter?
Old 05-28-11, 06:39 PM  
Mary W
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
which one is her daughter?
her daughter is the one on her right, your left. She introduces her before the workout starts, and dedicates the dvd to her mom and dad. Very sweet.
Old 05-28-11, 06:42 PM  
moonbeam31

That's cool!

Tags
center floor, kari, kari anderson, sweat express ii