Old 05-15-11, 12:45 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
Tell me how you like it when you get it
Of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
I am right there with ya! I have Booty Barre- and NEVER want to really do it. I need to just trade it for something I do want and would actually do! I have been into YBB and Ruah and Ellen Barrett a lot lately! It is Zen-ish for sure. Center Floor looks good and the music sounds really good too! I am not sure about Sweat express II yet-but it might be a nice cardio compliment to Tracy Anderson Muscular Structure work!
Tracy
Exactly! I've never tried YBB or Ruah, but just the realisation of how I prefer Ellen's style or Bernadette Giorgi etc. helps me a lot not feeling the 'need' to get everything that's out there/coming out!
I'm hoping Kari's Center Floor will be right along those lines! (I haven't even checked ou her Sweat Express one as I'm not interested in getting distracted with such workouts! LOL)

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 12:51 AM  
Helen

Did a Kari workout last night (Hot Steps) which reminded me that I really like her, but I'm NOT GOING TO LOOK - I'm on a buying hiatus and don't want to risk being tempted.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 08:56 PM  
sologirlie

Hehe, almost passed this thread by...I think the only Kari Anderson workout I own is her kid's one: Shake! A lot of fun. And I really liked her. She has a great personality/voice - makes me think she was a communication or drama major Someone once told me that I should try Reach that I'd really like it since I like standing pilates/ballet. That Center Floor workout looks really good - wonder how long before I hit the "add to cart" option, lol I've bought way too many workouts since I started really posting in here, lol My promise to not buy anything but the new zumba this month has totally gone down the drain. All self-discipline is gone Even the dance workout looks really good to me. Looks like a lot of fun - loving the music and the set But I am definitely interested in the Center Floor one

Star
sologirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-11, 10:39 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne View Post
I'm going to get Sweat Express II for sure. Center Floor I'll probably get--I love the way is looks but never seem to find the right time to do an hour of that kind of workout (unless I go to the gym)--I usually want to do some cardio. If it was 40 or 45 minutes long I'd definitely get it.
From looking at the large picture of the Center Floor back cover I found that this has three sections; Standing "Center Floor" Challege - 32 mins., Full Body Mat Work - 13 mins., Lengthening Stretch - 11 Mins. I could do 11, 13, 24, 32, 43, 45 or all 56 minutes. Personally, I'm sure I'll rarely do the entire thing (and I will get it) but I'm also sure I'll add those short sections on to other things or a day I just need one more short (or even just plain one short) workout. I'll likely do the first longer chapter by itself, or maybe with the stretch. The two short ones together might be good for a week when I have to miss one of my Pilates lessons.

I love this kind of workout, workouts I can use pieces of, and Kari. I usually find her cardio too complex, though, so don't get it any more.

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-11, 12:34 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sologirlie View Post
... - wonder how long before I hit the "add to cart" option, lol I've bought way too many workouts since I started really posting in here, lol My promise to not buy anything but the new zumba this month has totally gone down the drain. All self-discipline is gone Even the dance workout looks really good to me. Looks like a lot of fun - loving the music and the set But I am definitely interested in the Center Floor one
That's what makes you one of us, a vidiot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
From looking at the large picture of the Center Floor back cover I found that this has three sections; Standing "Center Floor" Challege - 32 mins., Full Body Mat Work - 13 mins., Lengthening Stretch - 11 Mins. I could do 11, 13, 24, 32, 43, 45 or all 56 minutes. Personally, I'm sure I'll rarely do the entire thing (and I will get it) but I'm also sure I'll add those short sections on to other things or a day I just need one more short (or even just plain one short) workout. I'll likely do the first longer chapter by itself, or maybe with the stretch. The two short ones together might be good for a week when I have to miss one of my Pilates lessons.

I love this kind of workout, workouts I can use pieces of, and Kari. I usually find her cardio too complex, though, so don't get it any more.
Karen,
thanks so much for letting us know! I had no idea but like you love when I'm able to mix and match or simply add on to other workouts! Now I'm even more glad I pre-ordered!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 05-16-11, 07:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
Did a Kari workout last night (Hot Steps) which reminded me that I really like her, but I'm NOT GOING TO LOOK - I'm on a buying hiatus and don't want to risk being tempted.
Same here, in fact I've been resisting opening this thread for that reason ... but I succumbed this morning and peeked at both. the look of both of them. I can't wait for reviews to start popping up!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 10:35 AM  
missmomus

So has anybody gotten these yet? I ordered Center Floor about a week ago from Amazon but it's still showing out of stock...
missmomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-11, 02:44 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmomus View Post
So has anybody gotten these yet? I ordered Center Floor about a week ago from Amazon but it's still showing out of stock...
I've ordered it from Mary and it was a pre-order for May 16th (I think..). I just checked my status and it's 'processing'.. Not sure when to expect it to ship out...

Old 05-19-11, 02:49 PM  
suzy
VF Supporter

I noticed Collage has them set to release on May 26 now.

ETA: Total Fitness says they will be available May 27. I think it said May 16 when I ordered.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-11, 01:27 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I noticed Collage has them set to release on May 26 now.

ETA: Total Fitness says they will be available May 27. I think it said May 16 when I ordered.
Thanks for the update, Suzy! I guess we'll have to wait some more then.. *sigh*

Tags
center floor, kari, kari anderson, sweat express ii