Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-11, 10:33 AM  
Hilary

Anyone Still Do the WHFN's?

Because I had surgery to fix a tear in my retina last week, my doctor has restricted my workouts for the next month; so after a week of the Slim Series I thought I'd try the WHFN Fit Primes. I don't think I've ever done these, except maybe FlexPosture. I did the KickButts, but I always thought the Fit Primes would be too easy for me. I did Lean today. It was like an easy Hare ... the set and music are very easy on the eyes (and ears), I liked Kelli Roberts as lead, and there was a nice variety of moves, with nothing very difficult. All the cardio was low-impact. I can see myself using these when I'm 70 or so, or if I have a medical restriction like I have now. Does anyone work these into a rotation or use them regularly? The only negative for me was Tamela as a background instructor. I really try to think charitably but it seemed to me she was really mugging for the camera. Maybe she was just trying to show enthusiasm and it came across as trying to steal the spotlight from Kelli. Of course, they didn't HAVE to keep the camera on her so much either! There was another background exerciser who never raised her arms ... she always kept them on her hips, so I wonder if she was showing the shoulder-injury-modification!
Hilary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 10:40 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I traded away quite of few of these. Some of them seems "odd" or silly to me. I do like the ones with Kimberly and Heidi. I do Fast Cheetah, Push Pull, and Metaboost fairly often when I'm into AWT.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 10:42 AM  
Just_Jo

Hilary, I got the KickButts for Christmas and now have all the FitPrimes. I've been trying them slowly. I do have medical issues that sometimes make it difficult for me to go all out, and these are nice. Just Right with Anna is one I can do when I'm really hurting, and I really appreciate havnig it.

I don't think some of them are that easy--I felt nicely worked after Metaboost. I didn't kill myself, but I certainly could have upped the weights for more.

I think they're great for if you don't feel like working out, if you don't have a lot of energy, or if you have medical issues. I love the music.

I'm making my way down the list with all the FitPrimes, but I find them a nice addition to my collection.

It's so important to have a variety of levels, isn't it? I hope your eye is continuing to heal and that you're back to your strong workouts soon!
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 11:23 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi Hilary,

I really like the WHFN workouts and I use them fairly regularly - they are my next most used series after the Firm workouts (and they work great in conjunction with the Firm).

I thought Lower Body Burn was a throwaway, but I do use all of the others on a consistent basis. Particuarly Lean, Pump, and Metaboost from the Fitprime series and Crunch Time, Push Pull, Strong Bear, and Steamin' Cardio from the KickButt series.

Yes, the Fitprimes are a little easier than the KickButts, but lately I have found that a variety of levels works for me - some days you just need something lighter, but still something that will challenge you. Lean is my go-to workout for days when I just don't feel like doing anything else (whether it's DOMS or just laziness), and Metaboost, Floor Burn, and Flexposture are good for days I want very light toning.

Also, I think Pump can be modified up using heavier poundage because Heidi goes fairly slowly through the moves.

I hope you feel better soon.

Emily
Old 01-10-11, 11:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I put my Kickbutts up for sale on Amazon. I just can't deal with the tall box work and they're cluttering up my DVD shelves.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 02:22 PM  
kat999

I have several of both the FPs and the KBs and if you use heavy enough weights and/or really push it in the cardio segments, they're just as hard as traditional WOs. It's all about the intensity YOU bring to the WOs. Kind of like the old FIRM Basics. I still do those, even though I consider myself a high intermediate/low advanced exerciser. I just use heavier weights and really "go for it" with the cardio, and it's still challenging.
Old 01-10-11, 02:45 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I have several of both the FPs and the KBs and if you use heavy enough weights and/or really push it in the cardio segments, they're just as hard as traditional WOs. It's all about the intensity YOU bring to the WOs. Kind of like the old FIRM Basics. I still do those, even though I consider myself a high intermediate/low advanced exerciser. I just use heavier weights and really "go for it" with the cardio, and it's still challenging.
I agree. I've not done my WHFNs in a while but won't part with them. I just love the picture quality, music, etc.~it's what Anna was so good at doing.
Old 01-10-11, 03:20 PM  
anetta

I still use mine. I do at least one every two weeks.

Love the music.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 04:26 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I agree. I've not done my WHFNs in a while but won't part with them. I just love the picture quality, music, etc.~it's what Anna was so good at doing.
Me too! They are high quality and the music is cool. I like the Kimberly/Heidi/Keli ones the best!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-11, 06:13 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam31 View Post
Me too! They are high quality and the music is cool. I like the Kimberly/Heidi/Keli ones the best!
Kimberly, Heidi, and Keli are among my favorite instructors in ANY video series, and they all have slightly different variations on friendly encouragement. I love Kimberly in pretty much anything. Heidi manages to make a frozen smile NOT seem creepy or fake *heh*. And Keli's accent is so cute, even when she's being businesslike.

Tags
whfn