Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-04-10, 01:22 AM  
cristinalatina

I am in my thirties, and weigh 50 pounds less than I did during my teens. I certainly am in better shape than when I was a 20-something smoker. Of course age is just a number! I admit that I love seeing fit, elegant women at any age. That's what I'm expressing with this thread, an inspiration, a hope that I might be able to preserve the fitness level that I have now for many years to come. I don't think it's easy!
Old 10-04-10, 06:43 AM  
Snuckles

I'm finally giving pilates a chance. I've been doing her Powerball Sculpt workouts for ~1.5 weeks and plan on doing it for an entire month before making a judgement on pilates. I'm an apple on a quest for a slimmer midsection. I have to admit I do find Bernadette quite lovely & calming in the video . . . off to check out her website.
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 06:45 AM  
Snuckles

Okay, back from her website, she is beautiful!!! What body type do you think she is?
Snuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 07:33 AM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuckles View Post
Okay, back from her website, she is beautiful!!! What body type do you think she is?
She looks like a pear, but in very, very good shape! I have a very similar body shape, typical mediterranean. I'm Greek, she's of Italian descent.
Old 10-04-10, 07:58 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gale K. View Post
Thank you for reminding me about Bernadette! I received her Attitude dvd in trade about a year ago, but never did it. I tried the second workout today, and really liked it! I'm now curious about her circle workout...
Gale, I recently traded for her circle workout, which I've coveted for years, and personally LOVE it. Now that I'm done with my YBB check-in I'll work in more B.G. and give you some feedback on the circle workout. So far I've tried the first portion only, abs, which runs about 28 minutes and I found the time flew. She uses the circle on the outsides of the ankles a lot which some people might find odd, but for my weird hip flexor issues it actually felt good. I'm looking forward to the side series segment at some point this week.

I'm feeling the need to just go ahead and buy her power ball workout soon.

I friended Bernadette on Facebook and she does attend a lot of Pilates training, teaches it alot, and she loves symphony!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 08:06 AM  
daisysunshine

I think the video is done where she lives, in Philidelphia

I love these workouts, i tend to do them when I'm sick, or when I want to get stronger in my core, because mercy, me, she works it. I didn't like the circle workout, [not because of the workout, but because of the circle. i have an old Winsor Pilates one and i felt like I was gonna smush it with my heavy thighs, so i tended to not do it. Attitude + Power Ball are my favs. [I always want to do the 12 week Attitude Challenge and then graduate to Attitude 2 but then I realie i am not seeing asthetic results so i stop. once I get to goal weight, i will do it].

I did email Bernadette re: the list we suggested, but I personally think with her very busy schedule [several europe teaching trips, starting a new Golf + Pilates class, and taking on extra classes], dvds will be on the backburner for a scootch. I think i still have the email, so i can always ask Bernadette if she still has it, so she has something to consider for 2011.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 08:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Daisy, you might like the Stamina Pilates Circle which is nicely padded, I know exactly what you mean about it pinching the thighs.
Old 10-04-10, 09:56 AM  
shelleyann

Does anyone know if the power ball dvd (top in the shop section) is new? I wonder what it is like. Are the other dvds just new covers of previously released dvds? Thanks!
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-10, 10:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Powerball is the "newest" but has been out a couple of years, I think. Those covers on the new website are just that, new covers. Bernadette has four workouts at present:
  • Attitude Ballet & Pilates Fusion
  • Attitude Tu
  • Pilates Circle Challenge
  • Powerball Sculpt

At least she was decent enough not to change the names, and pull a Gaiam on us.
Old 10-04-10, 11:36 AM  
shelleyann

Thank you...I would have ordered one i already have.
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bernadette, bernadette giorgi, squishy weighted balls, weighted ball workouts