Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-16-10, 07:29 PM  
CharM

Let's put warning labels on our workouts

I'm feeling goofy, so I was wondering if you'd all play along. What warning labels would you put on workouts you own? Or maybe you don't own them, but based on the preview clips, you've made a decision about what you liked or didn't like and want to warn others about. It could be good or bad, it's up to you.

Amy Bento Kickbox Surge and most Turbo Jams:
WARNING!! May not be appropriate for people who don't like fun workouts. Side effects include smiling and singing along to the awesome music. This is normal, do not be alarmed, do not panic, continue to move. Please consult your doctor if you're a fun-sucking shrew, as you may not know what's going on when your frown is turned upside-down.

some Jari Love workouts:
CAUTION!! Choose weights wisely!! Going too heavy may result in actually being repped-to-death. Side effects include: death and/or extreme muscle soreness, if the former occurs first, it won't matter.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 07:36 PM  
pattyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
WARNING!! May not be appropriate for people who don't like fun workouts. Side effects include smiling and singing along to the awesome music. This is normal, do not be alarmed, do not panic, continue to move. Please consult your doctor if you're a fun-sucking shrew, as you may not know what's going on when your frown is turned upside-down.
LOL! I love it! I'd put the same warning on Zumba Fitness Live. I just finished that one. Big fun!

I'd put on the Firm's Burn & Shape:

WARNING - This workout may make you want to kick your TV off the stand. Stand back to avoid serious property damage.
Old 04-16-10, 08:09 PM  
kali1

Insanity:

WARNING! Side effects may include but are not limited to swearing uncontrollably, sweating profusely, tingling in the legs, arms and buttocks. Other side effects may include tingling in the feet and an uncontrollable feeling of laying down, curling up in a fetal position and playing dead. If you experience the uncontrollable urge of throwing the remote at your TV, please contact your health professional immediately.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-10, 10:01 PM  
laurajhawk

Tilak Pyle's Altar of the Heart -
WARNING: Bliss Risk. Do not operate heavy machinery or spend time with bummer people for at least four hours after use.

BBL High & Tight -
WARNING: Severe @$$ Damage Likely. Expect Pain.

P90X -
Caution: Tony's jokes will seem funny to you while you are performing these workouts. They are not funny. To avoid embarrassment, do not repeat these jokes to people who are not sweaty and in pain.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 02:41 AM  
saraygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Tilak Pyle's Altar of the Heart -
WARNING: Bliss Risk. Do not operate heavy machinery or spend time with bummer people for at least four hours after use.

BBL High & Tight -
WARNING: Severe @$$ Damage Likely. Expect Pain.

P90X -
Caution: Tony's jokes will seem funny to you while you are performing these workouts. They are not funny. To avoid embarrassment, do not repeat these jokes to people who are not sweaty and in pain.
LOL about Tony's Jokes!!! and I love the comments about BBL and Insanity! Had me in stiches!!!!

OK here I go:

Insanity- Warning. Death May Occur. But for some reason its gratifying!
BBL- Warning: Leandro will murder your thighs and butt all while playing cheery brazilian music and talking in his oh so cute accent. Resist throwing your ankle weight at him.
P90x - Warning Tony makes many jokes that you should undoubtedly laugh at by yourself.And while doing ohms on yoga X if someone is in the house do it quietly, but if no one is, do it loud lol!!!
Tracy Anderson-Warning: cute as a button Tracy is not so good at counting reps. When she says 'five more' do NOT listen! Warning....her dance cardio is soo fun and don't be fooled by her three pound weights she is the devil for your arms..in a good way!!!
Chalene in Turbo Jam- caution: you may want to hate on her, but if you just give her a chance you will be laughing at her singing in the vids!

((I will probably think of more later!!))
Old 04-17-10, 03:47 AM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
P90X -
Too funny! I'll have to remember that advice.
Old 04-17-10, 01:02 PM  
kali1

these are cute!!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 02:32 PM  
CharM

Your warnings make me wonder why I even want to try Insanity or BBL

Leslie Sansone:
WARNING! This woman talks talks talks, while she walks walks walks. Bring your own music, use your mute button, or talk over her.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 05:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

WARNING! Christi Taylor will make you a believer in the benefits of shaking your hips in time to really good music.

WARNING! Don't be scared at how easily you do complicated step combinations that Rebecca Small leads you through. You may also find yourself involuntarily crying, "Wheeeeeeeeee!" as you spin around the step. It's okay!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 06:19 PM  
afirmrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post

Amy Bento Kickbox Surge and most Turbo Jams:
I love this one!

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fun-sucking shrew, humor, laughter, vf humor, warning labels, warnings