Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-09, 02:35 PM  
bigpeeky

firm 90 day challenge

Does anyone have any experience with the Firm 90 day challenge? what kind of results did you get?
bigpeeky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 03:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

good results. it was my first time doing a rotation (like in the late 90s, using vhs tapes). i lost weight, around 10 pounds and have kept it off since then. didn't change anything about my diet too, so the working out was the change factor.

it was the first time that i ever really lost weight, and convinced me that this was the way of life i wanted to keep. i lost more weight after that by keeping a similar regimen and refueling better. i was back to pre-wedding weight - we're talking shedding 11 years of neglecting my health, lowering my cholesterol, 2 dress sizes...and i had 2 kids between the time i did my 1st firm 90DR and when i lost all of the weight.

it can be done.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 04:25 PM  
brfdeb

We did a 90 Day Challenge here from November to January. It worked good for me through the Holidays. I could eat and snack, and my size/weight didn't change. I can imagine that if I had eaten better, I might have lost some weight.

Maybe some of the other people who did it can chime in too.

Maybe some time we will have to do it again!!

Deb
brfdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 06:23 PM  
kat999

What exactly is the 90 Day Challenge? Is it a 90 day rotation? Just using new Firm titles or what exactly?
kat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 06:43 PM  
lorajc

yes, I'm curious about the Firm 90 day rotation too.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 07:19 PM  
Tugger31

This may help...

http://us.geocities.com/theuberfemme/index.html
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 07:34 PM  
videofit

I did it in Jan. 2000. It was tough -- you did two or more tapes everyday, usually one cardio and one weights. I overtrained and couldn't sleep. I didn't change my eating, which wasn't that good so I didn't lose weight but my shape changed. Everything kind of shifted. It made my butt and thighs bigger. I imagine the current 90-Day Rotation incorporates the newer Firms so if I did it today, who knows what might happen.
Old 05-21-09, 09:01 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i want to just say that i did the "classic" F90DR (uses the pre-gaiam firms).

the first half of the rotation does not have you doing 2 workouts, but rather 1per day, working out no more than 1 hour. 2 workouts per day doesn't occur until the last few weeks of the 12-week rotation, and even at that, i skipped the warm-up and cool down of the first workout and the second workout respectively, ending with 1 warm up and 1 cooldown.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 09:02 PM  
juberann

Two full workouts A DAY??? Ok,call me a slacker or lazy (or whatever) but,NO THANKS!! for 90 DAYS???? Oh my goodness, I would just be so totally burned out I would probably give up exercising forever,no matter how great my results were.~LOL~ Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 09:09 PM  
Kimberly33

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I did it in Jan. 2000. It was tough -- you did two or more tapes everyday, usually one cardio and one weights. I overtrained and couldn't sleep. I didn't change my eating, which wasn't that good so I didn't lose weight but my shape changed. Everything kind of shifted. It made my butt and thighs bigger. I imagine the current 90-Day Rotation incorporates the newer Firms so if I did it today, who knows what might happen.
I had similar results. I was eating VERY good, and I liked how it made me look, but by week 7 I had serious overtraining issues, and I don't think I made it past week 9. And then I stopped working out and gained something like 30 pounds. It was a bad idea for me. BUT, there are a lot of people who had good results with it. I do think it was designed more to sell videos and encourage people to complete their sets than it was designed to improve fitness.

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abb, aerobic base building, firm 90 day rotation