Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-08, 11:11 AM  
Bebop

spotted Zebra- she has many excellent workouts. What specifically are you looking for - time efficient - upper body - lower body - total body - heavy lifting - endurance - etc. etc.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 11:22 AM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop
spotted Zebra- she has many excellent workouts. What specifically are you looking for - time efficient - upper body - lower body - total body - heavy lifting - endurance - etc. etc.
Good question. Either time efficient or lower body, or else best intro to Joyce, or just all around most entertaining. That really narrows it down, doesn't it.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 01:06 PM  
ooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebop

Ooty- you crack me up - you really thought Cougar as an animal (LOL)?
Yes Bebop.. I did think it was an animal. Well, it is an animal . And I am beginning to think that some people don't know the real "meaning" of cougar. I just asked DH what it meant and he said, "Mountain cat".
Old 12-27-08, 02:22 PM  
fagiles

I like Joyce so I plan to purchase this workout.
fagiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-08, 04:36 PM  
Bebop

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra
Good question. Either time efficient or lower body, or else best intro to Joyce, or just all around most entertaining. That really narrows it down, doesn't it.
Best introduction to Joyce - Bottoms Up Gold - supersets between different bodies parts - upper and lower body split - great ab section - you can make it a shorter workout by not doing all the supersets

Time efficient -super speedy non-stop - the newer one - 15 min upper body and 15 min lower body - with abs - I wrote a review of it in the review section

Just Joyce Series - time efficent - splits

Fast Forward - time efficient because it is broken down into three days but you can do day one and two in one day - rounds - three execises strung together - different body parts - Good for lower body work -

Definition and Fat burning - excellent endurance workouts - short - but IMHO _ get the books - workouts on the DVDs are dated and not the good for form

Total Body workout - the Bone Building Workout - I have this on VHS and the book - it's a nice easy, beginner total body workout

My most used - Just Joyce Series, Bottoms Up Gold - speedy non-stop -Bottoms Up Gold

I started with Fat Burning - the book -years ago.

She's a hoot in all of them

The workouts filmed after the Just Joyce Series, are not her best but I think there are clips of them at Fitnessorganica.
Old 12-27-08, 06:38 PM  
spotted zebra

Bebop - Thank you! Your reply was extremely helpful.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 09:23 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I just got the Cougar workout from Denise to review. I've never tried a Joyce workout before, and her style is a bit over-the-top for me, but she's definitely full of positive energy! And the workout itself is solid: it's a pyramid-style workout designed to be used as either a 2- or 3-day split. I think that those who like Joyce's personality and enjoy splits would definitely like this one!

I'll try to get my review posted within the next few days.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 10:23 AM  
fitnessweasel

I like Joyce, but as a 44 year old married to a 30 year old guy, I would DIE before I would get a "Cougar" workout!! OMG, what if he saw it??

-Michelle
fitnessweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 11:40 AM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitnessweasel
I like Joyce, but as a 44 year old married to a 30 year old guy, I would DIE before I would get a "Cougar" workout!! OMG, what if he saw it??

-Michelle
Now that is funny!!!

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-09, 12:44 PM  
Bebop

I'm waiting for the review. I just picked up Slow Duet at the fitness organica sale. I'm curious about this one because I love workouts that short but really work the muscles and Joyce workouts deliver.

Tags
cougar workout