Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-09-08, 05:12 PM  
Davida

Trish Muse - Your Thoughts

I ran across her at Collage when looking for medicine ball workouts - is she new or am I late to the party?

Anyone have her workouts? What do you think of them? They look at little different and maybe tough?

Something about a ball makes workouts more fun for me - I must associate them with childhood games!
Davida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-08, 07:08 PM  
hypnomoon

I'm taking a chance that they are good. I ordered the two she has at deepdiscountdvd.com during the supersale.

Kimberly
hypnomoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 12:00 PM  
Davida

I did a search and see that some VFrs didn't care for these workouts. I just received them and tried Strength Attack, the low resistence segment (20 min.) I really liked it for a change of pace - it's like a short Slim Series workout with decent music and no inane chatter. I also did the 20 min. Functional Stretch and loved that!

I think I'll try the heavier resistence workout later today as I am not working. I previewed it and it looks decent for a short workout. It still has quite a few reps with no rest between sets so I won't be going too heavy.

I like Trish - she is straight forward, no nonsense. She is a physical therapist.

I haven't previewed Core Attack yet.
Old 06-10-08, 12:18 PM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

I haven't done any of her workouts in over 6 years but I liked her, especially her first one: Ab Attack . It's long though and would work better in a DVD format with chapters. It was VHS.

She's a physical therapist (ETA: I see Davida has already mentioned that) and seems to know her stuff -- good instruction. I don't do traditional abs (her specialty) anymore or much traditional strength for that matter so I'm not interested in her general approach right now.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 12:49 PM  
cmiyachi

I know a lot of people here like her so I tried her and I did not like her teaching style *at all**.

I got Core Attack and Strength Attack. She said the word "awesome" about 10 million times.

Seriously - skip through Core Attack and at every chapter point she said the word "awesome".

I also thought Core Attack was a total body workout and not particularly geared to the core so that annoyed me. I didn't have the stomach to even try Strength Attack.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 05:55 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

I've previewed, but still have not done, the latest workout I got from her (maybe I even put it on my 'get rid of pile' already). I can't recall off-hand, but something about her really turned me off (I'm pretty sure I posted about it earlier, in a Trish Muse thread, if you care to search ).

I do recall that her pretty-much-bragging about "who better to give you a great workout than a physical therapist" wasn't borne out by the workout itself. (I'm all for the benefits of PT in workouts, but Trish Muse is no Adam Ford or "the woman who leads FitFIx workouts').

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 07:22 PM  
Davida

Well it doesn't sound like most VFers were impressed with her, but I enjoyed the low resistence segment, and after doing the 20 minute Functional Stretch segment my sciatica or whatever is wrong with my hip feels better than it has in weeks!

I like her and like her style - I didn't even notice her saying awesome! Different strokes for different folks, hey?
Old 06-10-08, 08:44 PM  
cfgcanada

Thumbs up

I think this is an excellent functional fitness workout - did it today, in fact. And since I like it so much, I've ordered her "Core Attack". I like the exercises that work on balance and the superb stretch at the end. That would be good on its own or as an add-on to another workout. Also, there's such a good selection of premixes to choose from, which is always useful.

I generally tend to tune out any extraneous comments - that comes from working out with Leslie Sansone a lot

Fiona
cfgcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-08, 09:14 PM  
GeminiGLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn
I'm all for the benefits of PT in workouts, but Trish Muse is no Adam Ford or "the woman who leads FitFix workouts".
That would be Denise Beatty...
GeminiGLB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ab attack, denise beatty, trish muse