Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-02, 05:55 PM  
LHMerritt
VF Supporter

I haven't done this in a while, unless you count the Arizona thread . My name is Loretta, I've been mostly lurking on VF for almost 4 years. I found VF initially when I was preparing to get married in 97 (trying to fit into that dress). I actaully became a member about 98.

I currently live in Arizona with my Hubby and 2 cats. One day I will get a picture of the two of them up, I guess.

Fitness related, I started with Firm and then discovered Cathe and I haven't looked back since. I actually need to find a new home for my tapes they are exploding over my TV stand. I also have a full weight rack 3 - 30 lbs (hubby used 25 and 30's). Recently purchased a treadmill and indulged in a body bar. After all of the threads now I have my eye on the Rebounder. This place is bad on the CC. I just don't think DH will understand, at least it's my own money.

This is probably my longest post ever and fills my quota for the year. Back to lurkdom.

Loretta
LHMerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-02, 06:01 PM  
LovingLife
VF Supporter

Thanks for this link Wendy! I'll have to print out all these introductions and read them to get acquainted with everyone.

My name is Renee and I've used the VF exchange for a few years, but just got on the VF Forum a few weeks ago. I've been on the FIRM e-trainer List for the past two years and enjoy those friendships and support. But I mostly checked out the Forum because Joan Boadway had spoken highly of this forum. And rightly so -- it's great over here. Thanks for the referral Joan!

I am 37 years old and am a stay at home mother to 5 wonderful children -- girls, almost 12 and 10, boys 8 and almost 6 (three birthdays are at the end of this month!), and a girl 2 1/2. The last few times I've had a baby, the nurses in the hospital have been amazed that all of our children belong to both me and my dh . We're a bit amazed ourselves!

I discovered that video exercise was the way for me to go after my 4th child was born. It was simply the most convenient and most fun way to get (and stay) fit.

My workout video library at the moment (always changing ) consists of 76 tapes -- many, many FIRMs, many of Cathe, Karen Voight, Breakthru, a few of Kathy Smith, Donna Richardson, & Denise Austin (who started me off in my early beginner-can-hardly-do-a-bit-of-cardio days ), all of Bryan Kest, some of Baron Baptiste, several Living Arts, one prized FitPrime and some new Hilary Burnett's, thanks to recommendations on the VF Forum. I'm sure there are a few strays too, but that's the bulk of it.

I wake up every morning at 5:30 to work out before my children get up (but if they do, they just come in and watch -- they don't really ever remember me NOT exercising in the morning -- yay kids! )

I got to be in last year's summer Collage catalog, so if you still have that one, you can see what I look like because I haven't figured out how to put a picture to my posts yet. Maybe someday! Until then, you get my new little signature I created -- I even tried the colors -- hope it works!

"I know you're tired, but jump higher!"
-- Cathe

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with Beachbody. For details, take a look at my profile or see my blog www.foodplusfitness.net .
LovingLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-02, 12:45 PM  
Jillychilly

I'm Jill. I am 35 and live in Washington State. However I am an east coast girl at heart (born and bred there). I got married 3 months ago in Las Vegas (my first marriage his second). I am the evil stepmonster to an 11 year old boy (DH has custody). And I am the mother to 2 feline furballs, Thelma and Louise. I hope we can start trying for a little rugrat next year.

I work in a psychiatric facility during the day and I waitress at night. I am hoping to get rid of the night job by year's end. I have been a VF member since 1999. My favorite videos are the FIRM. I want to get rid of some of the weight before I start to branch out to other videos.
Being like Stella: Working on Gettin' My Groove Back
AF FIRM Diva in Training
Jillychilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-02, 01:19 PM  
SeptemberGirl

My name's Jennifer...

I'm 24 and live with my DH Mike and two Shih Tzus, named Kyaiu & Liloki, in Nothern VA. I have been a VF lurker for a couple of years, registered a long, long time ago, forgot what my username was, so I reregistered and now I promise I won't forget my VF info!

I have bachelor's degree in Sport Science with an Exercise Physiology concentration. My original plan was to become a fitness trainer, but I changed my mind and now I work for a non-profit organization doing marketing. The reason why I chose the fitness field to study was because of the FIRM. I first started FIRMing in 1993 and have loved it ever since. I took a year and a half off from exercise though and put on a lot of weight. Now I am trying to get it off and have used the Self Challenge log from last year to stay motivated. It helped and I am now at a size 10. This year, my goal is to again do the Self Challenge and move back down to a size 6 (my original size). I have also recently become a FitPrime fan, and have also used Bryan Kest's yoga videos. I use my afternoons after I get home from work as my exercise time -- only after I greet and hug my two cute Shih Tzu's!

My career goal is to have my own business, fitness-related of course, and I have taken great steps towards that goal. Hopefully soon it will take off.

Jen
SeptemberGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-03, 03:35 PM  
dixie

Glad I Found This Place

Hi! My name is Sherry and I live on Prince Edward Island, Canada. I moved here about 4 years ago from Chicago. It really is beautiful here in the summers, all 6 weeks of it! Exercise videos are a necessity here as the weather is never very cooperative.

I have a Master's in clinical psychology but have found few openings in my field here. I started working out with videos about 14 years
ago and have loved every day of it. It is so wonderful to have a forum such as this where I can share my passion with so many people who feel the same way I do. I found this place through a post on collage's website, lucky for me. I look forward to meeting so many new people and learning so much from all of you.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-03, 04:26 PM  
omearaee

Talking

My name is Erin, and I live in Maryland. I am relatively new to VF. I mostly lurk but occasionly post a question...its not very often I have answerto one...yet but I'm learning. I think this place is great and I am very glad I found it. It has helped keep me on track and feeling postive.
Old 02-27-03, 04:48 PM  
suebella
VF Supporter

Suze Here

My name is Suze, I’m 43 years old and my DH, cat and I live in Michigan. I’m a technical writer by day and a creative writer by night. I discovered VF purely by accident. One day, disgusted by the reviews at Collage Video, I typed “video reviews” into Google and the rest is history.

I have been a runner since 1987 and a video exerciser, off and on, since 1992. I ran a half marathon in December 2001 – was never in better cardiovascular shape in my life – but I couldn’t pick up my own groceries. So I decided to begin strength training in earnest. My video habit took off from there. Since then I have lost 25 lbs and have arms my husband would die for! So I am now a vidiot for life.

Over the last six months I’ve intensified my yoga practice and the comments and advice from VFers has been invaluable.

I also ride a motorcycle. My DH and I have been taking long trips through some very beautiful parts of this continent over the past few summers. Last summer was Utah and Arizona and the previous summer was British Columbia and Alberta. I envy all those VFers who are blessed to live in these beautiful areas!

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-03, 05:29 PM  
Shanny

I'm glad you enjoyed Alberta!

'Cuz that's where I'm from. Edmonton actually.Hi I'm Shannon, and I've been at this forum for about 6 months now.I'm 22 and live with my fiancee and my house tiger (16 pound Fluffy-he's a cat but thinks he's a tiger) Sometimes I post, but not too much.I have been trying harder to lately though!

I have been exercising for about 2 years now. When I met my future husby 2 and a 1/2 years ago I had no extra weight o lose. Then I met Dan and he taught me the joys of food and lots of it! Also, he had a car, so no more walking everywhere for me! The pounds added up fast all 40 or more of them.

I started with Fat Burning for Dummies, and Leslie Sansone, but I'm starting to enjoy the FIRM and Margaret Richards. I've also started to enjoy yoga too.

I love the support that can be found on this forum. It always leaves me feeling motivated as well as educated. Thankyou so much!

Shannon
Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-03, 08:51 PM  
vegan29

Hi, I have posted a few times but have never really introduced myself. I am 25, a student, and I am addicted to this website! I have had more than a few burnt bagels for breakfast because I am busy reading the new posts at the same time I am getting ready to go to school.
I am fairly new to doing floor aerobics and just bought my first step today (I had to carry it on the bus!). However, I have been using yoga videos for about 3 years, which I started right after being diagnosed with cancer (I am ok now). I would like to lose a bit more of the weight that I gained over 7 years of sitting in an office chair - I have lost 10 pounds since summer just by introducing more cardio - and I am more interested in developing muscle strength. I really enjoy VF because of the positive and healthy attitude and I find the members to be so friendly and full of information.
vegan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-03, 09:11 PM  
laker

I absolutely love this site and after the invitation to introduce ourselves I thought it was about time that I did. My name is Allison and I live in Minneapolis with my boyfrind of five years. I attended the University of Minnesota and majored in psychology. Working out at home has been something I've done on and off for years but only recently have become consistent with it(thanks to this site). I am constantly amazed by the fantastic recommendations and ideas this forum offers. Thanks to all who make it such a great place to hang out online.
laker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread