Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-08, 02:03 PM  
pfhanna

Thanks for the all comments. I think I may try to get this one in a trade rather than purchase. Karen, if/when you try the Trish's core dvd please let us know. It looks as if Collage video has a lot of new dvd's so I will keep reading. It did'nt have any reviews at Collage about either of her DVD's? It is so nice to have your opinions rather than spending money on DVD's you don't like and only use once. Thanks again, Pam.
Old 02-25-08, 02:16 PM  
ellens2

There's a few other reviews in this thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=108289

Denise also wrote a breakdown of the workouts in the New Reviews
ellens2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 04:30 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

I just did the Core Express (apparently also on the Strength Attack DVD) which is about 10 minutes. It was pretty good - I liked some of her exercises because they are a bit different but seem effective. Most of it was fairly standard stuff though. It feels like she takes forever to set up each exercise and the constant "Got it?" was annoying. The band workout is a whole hour of core work (with some additional toning thrown in) so I'm not sure when I will get around to doing it. Maybe I'll try the little medicine balls workout next - it's only 15-20 minutes long. This one may end up on my trade list though.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 06:16 PM  
Gams

There's really no set up between exercises on her Strength Attack low weight, high rep workout. It goes at a pretty good pace.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-08, 10:34 PM  
Soapmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams
Can you tell me what the heck she was talking about in Strength Attack when she was doing squats and said something about it being like when you are at a football game and have to go to the bathroom...what was that all about?
She was just trying to tell you to stick your butt back instead of bringing your knees forward. Sometimes, it is better to be direct.

I ended up liking both of these DVDs. I use the strength DVD as a substitute for Jari. I do the long premix 2x of everything and it works very well. I would rather listen to Trish than Jari anyday. She doesn't have a very polished presentation style, but she is very easy to workout with. No dread factor. I like the core DVD too. She could have given a bit more instruction on both DVDs but both workouts are solid.
Soapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-08, 07:00 AM  
Gams

Direct would have been to tell me to stick my butt back - comparing it to going to the bathroom brings up a visual I don't need while I'm working out, particularly seeing how it's a comment that I'm now going to have to hear over and over and over as I use the DVD. And what's with the connection to a football game?
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-08, 07:51 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams
Direct would have been to tell me to stick my butt back - comparing it to going to the bathroom brings up a visual I don't need while I'm working out, particularly seeing how it's a comment that I'm now going to have to hear over and over and over as I use the DVD. And what's with the connection to a football game?
I haven't watched the dvd, but given that I've seen my fair share of nasty public restrooms, I think she meant squat so you don't have to touch the seat!
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-08, 09:47 AM  
pattyd0319

What types of exercises does she use for the high weight low reps and how many does she do? I'm looking for a workout that has shoulder presses, forward lunges and possibly even wood chops along with decent core work to alternate with pyramid total body premix.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 12:46 AM  
Soapmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyd0319
What types of exercises does she use for the high weight low reps and how many does she do? I'm looking for a workout that has shoulder presses, forward lunges and possibly even wood chops along with decent core work to alternate with pyramid total body premix.
I don't think this is a good workout to alternate with Cathe's pyramid. For high reps she does 24, low reps 16. The high resistance is short about 15 min and does not work the entire body. You do forward lunges, squats, some rows, french press, shoulder presses, push-ups, and calf raises. The weight work is better done from start to finish which takes about 30 min starting with the higher rep work. The rest is core and stretch.

Amy Bento's APX is a more suitable workout to alternate with Pyramid if you like her style. You can omit or substitute moves that you don't like.
Soapmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-08, 08:45 AM  
pfhanna

Thanks for you reviews. After reading some of these I think I will try Angie Miller's Strength & Core Fusion. I am just looking for another workout to try (instructor). It's nice to try new dvd's. I usually stick with Cathe's, Firms, and lately discovered Patrick but still hoping for something different. It is so nice to hear all your comments. Thank you, Pam.

Tags
trish muse