Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-02, 08:41 PM  
Sparklec

Question Geri Yoga

Did you guys know that Geri Halliwell (spice girls) has a yoga dvd?

Isnt that wild? Apparantly she claims her new perfect body comes for a devotion to yoga...

I was searching for it today (can only find the UK version that wont play on our dvds) and I came across several pieces written about her that she is an exercise junkie..

I hope she's just a healthy junkie like we are...

I have to admit I think she looks great....almost too perfect...but absolutly toned ...EVERYWHERE!
Sparklec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-02, 10:14 PM  
Caitlin

Thumbs up Geri rocks!

I've had my eye on this one too, as I've admired Geri since she was a Spice Girl. Her current healthy state is especially inspiring because she is a recovering bulimic as well.

Wish there was a domestic release: may have to see about the possibilities of having the PAL one converted instead.
Caitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-02, 12:31 AM  
kirstyscooby
VF Supporter

Re: Geri Yoga

Quote:
Originally posted by Sparklec

I was searching for it today (can only find the UK version that wont play on our dvds)
Hi there,

I am in NZ which is Zone 4 for DVD's, however by typing in a special numerical code and just changing the last number, I can play any zone DVD's.

Perhaps ask the manufacturer, or store where you got the player from to see if this is the case with yours also. BTW mine is a Harmon Kardon player.

Kirsty
kirstyscooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02, 08:37 AM  
ARTmethodfan
VF Supporter

I did a little research and got an email from Nathan at the production company today. He says that they are looking to release Geri Yoga in the NTSC format by the end of the year.
ARTmethodfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-02, 10:23 AM  
Caitlin

thanks for the update

I'll have an eye out for this one. Hopefully it will be released on DVD as well as VHS.
Caitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-05, 11:14 PM  
Suzyqt1981

Saw this at Border's in Michigan today for 11.99.

Wondering if anyone has tried it...

Thanks!
Suzyqt1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 01:13 AM  
ms1971

Hi.
I though she had 2 different yoga videos? I remember reading about them on her website and few years ago.

Mel
ms1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 02:00 AM  
Malcemar

I've actually heard that Geri got her killer body through not only yoga but working with an ex navy seal/marine named Simon Waterson. I found his training regime he uses with all of his clients (males and females) in his book that I got for three bucks at a half price books. It mentions he's the trainer of Geri Halliwell, and trained both Pearce Bronson and Halle Berry for their 007 movie they made a few years ago.
Malcemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 04:50 AM  
tk501

hasn't she put some on again?

not to be catty, but the body geri had on the cover of 'geri body yoga' i think has gone the way of the wind a bit. i live over here in the u.k., and the sunday times style magazine had some quip about how her body has returned somewhat to her pre - 'it's raining men' video days. it showed a picture - she still looked really good, just curvier with bigger boobs.

anyway, haven't tried the dvd, so can't comment on that. it seems like every b-list celebrity over here puts out an exercise dvd: the girls from 'coronation street' (soap opera) have a dance dvd, as does jade from the 'big brother' that was on a couple of years ago; carol vorderman, who is a math wiz on t.v. math/game show 'countdown' has a 'jump start your detox' dvd to accompany her detox books, penny lancaster has a dvd (i think she's married to rod stewart), and nell mcandrew, topless model and star of 'i'm a celebrity, get me out of here!' has three (which, incidentally, are halfway decent).

from the perspective of an american girl, i find the celebrity culture over here a little bizarre...
tk501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-05, 06:23 AM  
YOGISTEVEN

i waited & waited for this for so long to come out in the states. ordered it from amazon and.....I HATE IT! geri yaps non-stop, the program is eh. the warm-up is decent, the rest has no flow whatsoever! katy appleton spends alot of time with the beginner show modifications, while geri sits there chatting it up for a good 2-3 minutes before she moves into the pose. i hear the sequel was much better, but i haven't seen any plans to release that this side of the pond.
YOGISTEVEN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geri halliwell