Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-21, 02:46 PM  
primrosecat

Thank you Betty, Angie and Carol, this has been an education. I was considering At&T but not now. And going the Voip route would still have the internet issues. I'm not happy with my service now, but maybe better the enemy you know than the one you don't know. I think I'll just sit on this for awhile and not be hasty. Thank you everyone for your input.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 04:08 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosecat View Post
Thank you Jeannine and Payne. I will check about the battery, but will it work when my internet service goes wonkers, which it does. I love my landline. I have a little flip phone for emergencies, but wouldn't take a new 5G phone if they gave it to me. Right now I am looking at Voiply, I think it's called. I just need some honest reviews before I decide.
talk to your current provider and ask about it as it applies to your system. the battery was designed for this possibility. my two friends - one is an engineer and the other is an IT architect - said the battery kicked in on a rare occasion of an outage.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 05:50 PM  
primrosecat

I will call them tomorrow about the battery. They owe me money anyway, maybe I could apply it to the battery. Yep, they owe me money and they admit it. It's been one headache after another. It will be interesting what they say about the battery. Here's hoping.
Old 08-02-21, 08:48 PM  
angie_nrs

We ported our landline office number to a cell phone. I only pay about $25 per month for the service on the cell phone, so it was worth it to keep that number. I just thought I'd mention it just in case you were interested in keeping a particular phone number.
Old 08-03-21, 10:38 AM  
primrosecat

Thanks! I definitely want to keep this number as it was the last phone number my dear hubby and I shared before I lost him last year. If I have to go the cell phone route, I will take it with me.

Tags
land line, voip, voip landline, voip phone service