http://https://www.onnit.com/academy...atsI0-rktzVMco

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 09:22 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Insomnia has been s new thing for me since starting perimenopause over 3 years ago now. Also sleep apnea from gaining 30 lbs! (I now have a CPAP) I can fall asleep really easily but then up at every hour from 2 to 6.

I finally found some tactics that are currently helping (I say "currently" because in perimenopause things work briefly and then poof they don't):
-- acupuncture every other week
-- some beef liver supplements to address my anemia
-- transdermal magnesium that I spray on my feet in the evening and before bed
-- some carbs right before bed
-- quitting cardio entirely because of my torn meniscus and only doing weights and walking
-- sleeping on my back only oddly enough
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 12:18 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Lori - I have read a bit about magnesium sprays and oil on the feet at night. I'm presuming it doesn't have the, ahem, laxative effects when applied topically.

It's true that something may work for a while and then not. I was doing Lee Holden's 30-Day Qi Gong Challenge and for a while it seemed to help my sleep. And then after a while, it didn't.

I still try to do it every morning anyway.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 01:07 PM  
kat999

After some rough sleep last weekend and a few times this week, I slept GREAT last night, and I realize I'd eaten a lot of chicken for dinner, was well hydrated, avoided alcohol, and then had a cup of Sleepytime Tea right before bed. I didn't wake up once.
Old 08-01-21, 01:22 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Lori - I have read a bit about magnesium sprays and oil on the feet at night. I'm presuming it doesn't have the, ahem, laxative effects when applied topically.

It's true that something may work for a while and then not. I was doing Lee Holden's 30-Day Qi Gong Challenge and for a while it seemed to help my sleep. And then after a while, it didn't.

I still try to do it every morning anyway.
Yep, the magnesium spray doesn't have the laxative effect on me thankfully. I can't take it orally at all for that exact reason. I use it a few times a day if my perimenopause anxiety is sky high.

I've learned the hard way in perimenopause that things only work briefly for me and then it's back trying to find other alternatives. After now 3 plus years of this crap, you'd think my body could find a happy medium. But alas, I feel like my good years are behind me!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 12:42 AM  
BunnyHop

Good Evening, fellow Night Owls!

In an honest effort to follow my own advice, I've let myself get back online so I can look up the lyrics to the song that's stuck in my head.

(How, by Maroon Five)
Just made the effort to write them out by hand, hoping it will get this sad song with a jaunty tune out of my head.

I apologize in advance if this particular ear worm infects anyone else. Truly annoying, I know, but I'm hoping to shake it loose.

On the plus side, I've had a pretty good day and am feeling energized. At quarter to one in the morning that's not such a great thing.
Old 08-02-21, 12:39 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Good Evening, fellow Night Owls!

In an honest effort to follow my own advice, I've let myself get back online so I can look up the lyrics to the song that's stuck in my head.

(How, by Maroon Five)
Just made the effort to write them out by hand, hoping it will get this sad song with a jaunty tune out of my head.

I apologize in advance if this particular ear worm infects anyone else. Truly annoying, I know, but I'm hoping to shake it loose.

On the plus side, I've had a pretty good day and am feeling energized. At quarter to one in the morning that's not such a great thing.
I don't know that song, so it won't bother me. I'll get ear-worms for months. Luckily, my most recent one is fun and upbeat.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insomnia, sleep, sleep help, sleep issues, sleep mask