Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-30-21, 07:31 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
I was wondering how the people who do intermittent fasting specifically affects their exercise energy.

Not the regular after you sleep fast. Those longer ones

I think there is a guide on how to do this of which I’ve not book, so that’s why I’m asking for first hand live info on it. You know, real people. Lol
i can only speak about my body and experience. i do a four week cycle of fasting. the first week is 135 hour fast, the second week is a 72 hour fast, the third week is a 96 hour fast, and the fourth week is three 42 hour fasts. all of those times include time spent sleeping.

i did not start with those times i built up to it over the course of months.

i exercise for at least an hour every day. i do kettlebells, boxing, weight training, pilates reformer and chair, stretching, and in the summer swimming. i have never had an issue with training but from a very young age i didn't like to exercise with food in my stomach. i was a teen on swim team and always had to have an empty stomach to achieve peak training.

if you are on facebook you might want to join a fasting group there are a lot of them because there is more freedom on this type of subject than in this forum.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 07:39 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

True. You go pretty long. That’s discipline for sure.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 07:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I have also always worked out fasted -- starting as a result of me being a competitive swimmer from quite young. Remember how they always talked about how there was no way you could even think about going in the pool until a half hour after eating? Well, I guess it made sense to me. I can't think about working out with food in my belly. I started doing The Firm back when Volume 1 came out and I've always been a morning exerciser, so it just made sense to work out in a fasted state.

I've been extending that fasted state to 16, 18, 20 (why is it always an even number?) hours in the last couple of years and it's not a problem for me. As mentioned, it's important to get enough calories in during the eating window. The Gin Stephens books and podcasts are great -- both for information and also for inspiration.

Tags
eating before exercise, fasting, intermittent fasting