Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-23-21, 10:28 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Your connection is not private

Is anyone else getting this error when trying to log into the site using Chrome? I wonder if they need to update their SSL certificate. I finally got logged into the site through Firefox but each time I go to a new page I have to reenter my username/password and it tells me the site might be trying to steal my data.

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.videofitness.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-21, 01:42 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Wendy explained the security certificate thing in 2018:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWendy View Post
Hi, as stated above the “insecure site” message appears because we use a free shared SSL certificate provided by our web hosting company. We DO have site security, but I have not purchased a separate VF owned SSL certificate with our name on it because VF does not sell anything, capture credit card info etc. so the cost is not worth it. The free shared certificate provides the same security except the name on the security certificate belongs to our hosting company. Because the name does not match videofitness.com the browser error message appears. This is a good thing in the case of a phishing situation / you would not want to log in to a site pretending to be amazon with your amazon credentials (for example). But in our case the mismatch goes not mean we are insecure, just that we use a shared security certificate.

It is always good practice to use a unique password here or anywhere else, however.

I will consult with the hosting company to see if there is a way to stop the warnings besides buying our own SSL.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-21, 07:15 PM  
Ricka

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Wendy explained the security certificate thing in 2018:
Thanks for posting that. We do pay for our memberships here though. I was little concerned about that part.
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-21, 08:45 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

Thank you for providing that explanation. In Chrome it wasn't just a warning...I could not get into the system at all.

ETA: But today I got in via Chrome with no issues
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not secure, security, vf site issues