Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-15-21, 09:45 AM  
Buzzer

firm bss2 complete aerobics and weight training... DONE!

I love this workout. I wrote on it "should be a volume", and I still think that. it reminds me of something Anna would have put out with the leotard clad women. I love all the weight training in it, and this is the one with "getting funky with the fanny lifter" in it!! I love that. I am finding that I am beating myself up less for not getting through the workout without stopping. I am fine with stopping now, and just tell myself that I am extending the workout and making my heart rate up for longer! It's good. I used 10's as my heavy, but used 15's on the back work. 5's for my light, and for when she said to grab the twigs. I do like step ups more with the sculpting stick. I find I do them slower and can focus more. Without the stick, I tend to fall through the motion in the center of the move, and with the stick I can contract through the motion. Something to think about when I do the volumes, although I dont know how I can do two weights on my shoulders and the sculpting stick. I have to ponder that one.

Maybe my weighted vest, although that's kinda a pain to take on and off.

Anyhow, I feel like my whole body worked, I feel good, and my lungs feel cleared out. I love workouts like that!

Today I have hand therapy again. On Tuesday, I had the head lady that owns the place do my therapy, and she asked why I was just doing once a week. I told her that one of the therapists told me I would end up with a notebook of exercises, and that to me is just velcro wall. Throw everything at you and see what sticks. I can do that on the internet, and I dont want a notebook of exercises. Just the ones that will work. She assured me that's not what she wants, and apologized that was said. I told her recovery isn't my main job, I have lots I do throughout the day and just want the stuff that will work. She convinced me that the ultrasound and other stuff they do is helping my recovery and helping me avoid scar tissue. So, I will try 2 times a week again. We will see.

She cleared up a few more things, and actually was more helpful than the other therapists. It's like the others just follow instructions, and dont really know much what they are doing. So it was good to actually have a therapist that seemed confident and knowledgeable. We will see how it goes.

Yesterday was half crazy, half relaxed. We did urban air and karate, but then in the evening we sat and watched a cartoon series we are interested in right now. It's really a good cartoon! LB is still kinda over done from camp, and we need to relax a bit because next week she is in another day camp M-F. I didn't want to overwhelm her with camps so close, but this was the only time it was offered!!

Ebianco: DH actually told me when we were dating, when I was a size 5ish and built like a sh*t brick house "working out at home isn't real exercise". I about lost it on him. Now look at us. I am still working out, he "works out" when he can, mostly weekends. Mostly building the garage. My workouts keep going, and I am definitely in better shape than he is. Just saying! I hate that. It really gets my guard up. I agree with the P90X crap. It was good, but not great. So many better workouts out there, that don't get the publicity as P90X paid for!!! I hate it. Plus people see women in the workout clothes and think it's just pink weights and grapevines. That's why I am usually quiet too!!

I have avoided Mary's for today. I keep finding things I want, and I need to pare down. I will look at it tomorrow morning and do a final tally of what I NEED. I was doing the same thing... if I can't watch the clip before choosing it, will I pick a workout of 30 minutes of inner thigh? or will I go for the full body? Guaranteed the 30 minutes of inner thigh will sit there forever, undone!!

Eventmom: thanks for the lastics link! I had looked into buying it, but didn't. I will have to try that one out!

The weeds are growing like crazy suddenly. We usually mow twice a year, but I am thinking we need to add in an extra this year! Some of our weeds are taller than LB!! LB planted some sunflowers, and we thought they would grow since the rain fell for days after we put the seeds in the ground. Nope. No sunflowers. Not one out of the easily 30-40 she planted. So now whenever we see a sunflower growing wild on the side of the road or in a ditch, we say "oh look. Wild sunflowers" and act all put off. HA! They grow like weeds in the wild, but plant them and they refuse to grow!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 11:12 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

tracy and a turbo jam that will go to swap a dvd or share the wealth. I like kickboxing hate this workout.

buzzer - definitely try the lastics before you buy it. I remembered why I got rid of it. Donna is good and knows her stuff but I'm not a dancer and from working with our rolfer I'm learning that not all bone structures are the same. I probably have NOT A DANCER bone structure.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 01:33 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Today I went with BSS1 Super Body Sculpt with Stephanie Huckabee. I really like Stephanie and this workout specifically. This one is structured as 15 minutes of all upper body, then 15 minutes all lower, then 10 minutes abs with the idea it can be mixed and matched, although I have an old Goodtimes DVD that is not chaptered. The total workout with all the warm ups and stretches is about 45 minutes. The exercises are very basic and inspired by the old Firms. Regular weight lifting for upper body, lots of leg press, squats, and lunges for lower body. There is the sit on the tall box side to side oblique move that Tracie Long does in Maximum Body Shaping and the rest of the abs is basic crunches. Definitely a great use of 45 minutes!

Eventmom I have only kept a couple of the Turbo Jam workouts. My favorite is Fat Blaster from a newer set which is all turbos so it's like a HIIT workout. I also like the original 20 minute workout, and the original cardio party on the same DVD. I was really into the Turbo Fires at one point but not sure I can move that fast anymore But you really have to be in the mood for Chalene for sure LOL.

Buzzer I love BSS2 CAWT with Emily! This one is the MOST classic-like of all the BSS2 workouts. It's probably my favorite of the BSS era. I always laugh when Emily gets funky with the fanny lifter LOL!

Oh my gosh I forgot all about your hand! I am glad you found a good therapist! If they just hand you a bunch of exercises, I agree that you can google anything now and there's youtube workouts for every kind of therapy. I found specific PT exercises for my right shoulder that overly pops and is stiff on youtube and it has helped a lot. I still have stiffness but it stopped popping almost immediately just with a couple simple stretches. Hopefully your current PT will give you some real value.

Ugh that is terrible that your DH said that! My DH I think thought (and probably still thinks?) I am very eccentric and kooky with my 100s of exercise videos but he hasn't diminished me at all. Even though I've gained 10-15 pounds off and on since we've been together, he's never criticized my fitness or what I eat. He's not as fit as me but I've never criticized him, his fitness, or what he eats either. I'm so glad to have that easiness with him, because my ex-fiance constantly belittled my exercise (videos aren't real exercise, etc.) and also made fat comments . Goes to show why DH and I are together and not me and ex-fiance!! Other people in my family haven't said anything negative but also haven't taken an interest, but I can live with neutral. You would have thought P90X would have legitimized home workouts overall...but no (rolling my eyes).

I haven't looked at Mary's again either. I'm going to wait until I'm in a no-nonsense mood and cut a lot of things out. I really don't "need" anything. Now that I discovered on GD that Cathe sells her live workouts as downloads, I should probably check those out before I purchase any more DVDs. I already have every single DVD of hers that has any kind of total body aspect to it which is what I'm interested in. I also need to cut down the Linda workouts. But I am glad that she's gone in a more total body direction for us mere mortals that don't want to work out inner thighs for 30 minutes
Old 07-16-21, 03:01 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Classical stretch 30 min express workout

ebianco - it was fat blaster that I did! but it's just not for me. Certainly TJ has many (millions?) of fans. It was a thrift store find so no biggie. My DH does his best to support my home exercise habit - when DD was little going to the gym was out of the question but workout at home so I could be slightly engaged with DD eating, getting ready etc was great. He just can't get into dvds, so the pandemic has been hard for him as the gym is still closed!

buzzer - I forgot to say - I'm so glad you found a good physical therapist. I've run into some good ones, but so many see to just be running script so like why did they even go to school? I do love ultrasound and it should be helpful so hopefully you can handle the 2x week.
Old 07-17-21, 06:58 AM  
Buzzer

Started Firm 12 minute trainer cardio... ended in the second one.
Firm Core Cardio 2... DONE!

I had to workout at 6am, so I wasn't really into it. I started on 12 minute trainer, but found I was trying to make it tougher. then when I got to the second segment and I had to warm up again or fast forward, I realized this workout will be too high maintenance for me and I didn't want to stretch that much, so I ended it and went with core cardio 2.

That workout ended up good at the beginning, but it sure has a lot of jumping in it!! Lotsa bouncing and jumping and squats. I just didn't want to bounce and jump and squat. So I did about 45 minutes of it and decided to call it a day, since I was modifying a lot of it.

It was okay, not really what I felt like doing at 6am!

Today my shoulders are tired. I dont know why. I don't know what workout to do today, probably one that's not shoulder heavy, which is tough with Firms! They are all shoulders and legs! Maybe I will pull out a split and do lower body. We will see!

We met a friend at a low key park where there is water, but it is in the form of a little stream, a sandbox with an old fashioned water pump to play with water and sand, and a smaller splash pad area that splashes water straight into the air. LB and her friend played for probably 3 hours in the sandbox with water. It was a quiet day. So the other Mom and I walked around the park a few times since she had the dog they are dog sitting with her. It was quiet and pleasant. Not so stimulating and exhausting. I might start suggesting that park more.

Today is 2 hour karate graduation. 2 hours. The instructor announced that a lot of people are asking him why 2 hours? And he said "because we have soooo many people graduating, it will take 2 hours." I am here thinking, if you have that many, why don't you split it in 2 and do 2 graduations... one from 11:30 to 12:30, and one from 12:45 to 1:45? Why torture everyone, including making the kids stay on the mats working in their hot karate outfits (they have to wear the canvas tops for this one) for TWO HOURS? My friend paid $40 each kid when she had to miss graduation to have them do a graduation for the kids after a class, and quite honestly, that sounds like a small price to pay. I wish I would have just given them $40 and told them we can't make it! Now I feel like our whole Saturday is spent there, and over lunch time. They don't give the kids a break, and I have never seen a kid allowed to leave for water or potty breaks during graduation. maybe since it's 2 hours, they will be more flexible.

So today I will be sitting in a hot room, watching LB be tortured for 2 hours. I really feel bad for her! We will make it.

I wonder if I can strap an ice pack to her or something...

Yesterday I did taxes at DH's shop. About midway through, I got up to go find invoices, and DH sat at the computer and found some problems with orders and I finished what I was doing, then sat there in a chair for 1/2 hour waiting for him to be done. Finally I decided to get LB and go to dinner (she stayed with our friend after the park) so I left. I got LB, ended up talking becuase someone else showed up too, and spent 1 1/2 hours instead of 5 minutes. So we ended up with grocery store sushi and I by the time I finished taxes, it was about 8:30pm.

I was exhausted, and LB made another video so she wanted me to see it. I watched a bit of it, and DH announced he was lighting the fire pit. So I had to push through and go outside to the fire pit. Then a friend and his daughter showed up. Everyone was here until about 11pm, and I was beyond exhausted. I crashed. Even when I go to bed late, I wake up at the same time-ish. So I woke up at 4:45am, even though I didn't get to sleep until after 11.

I was so cranky between the looooong time I spent on taxes (started at about 4:30pm, didn't finish until 8:30pm), the hours in the sun and I didn't drink enough, and I was so hungry by the time we got dinner I didn't eat sushi, instead I ate these fried cucumber chips I found (they were on sale!!!) and filled up on those, so I ate like crap. This morning I woke up with a big headache. Now I have to face 2 hour karate. ugh. I feel more for LB than myself on that one, but I am not excited for it for me either!!

Eventmom: I have to check out that lastics this morning. Sometimes I want a good stretch, but I am not a dancer either! I have weight lifting bones and build, not ballerina. My friend and I were talking yesterday, she said "I tell my daughter she can be anything she wants to be if she works hard enough!" I told her, no matter how hard I work, I will never be a ballerina. There's just some things we are NOT built for!! Others are, so let them do it! I will lift heavy things.

Yes on the PT's! I felt like the others were just running a script. They'd look at the time and say "OK, let's do this then" and I felt like they were just doing stuff to fill the time. Plus they'd put me in the paraffin for the first 20 minutes of the hour, so I was paying $70 every time for 20 minutes of paraffin that I can do at home. Then I'd get a script and some fumbling and time fillers. I still am not convinced it's all 100% good, but I am willing to give it more of a shot at this point. My Doctor visit yesterday, she checked my range of motion and said the bone seemed like it's healing or healed, and with the ROM I have I should not worry about hurting it at this point. She said that using it in daily living should be good PT too but to continue on with the PT I'm doing.

So part of me is thinking "I am just going to start using it in daily life, that's kinda what it's meant to do" and a lot of my PT exercises mimic daily living. I dunno. I still think it's kinda pointless, but I want to make sure I give myself the best opportunity to get full use and range of motion back, so I will keep going, even if it is hesitantly.

Ebianco: I have a tendency to minimize injuries or discomforts, and even my closest friends say they forget about my finger. So you are not alone! HA! I was glad to read you think that the BSST I did is the most like a classic too! That made me feel a little validated, for whatever reason! I used to think those tic toc abs on the step Tracy Long does in Maximum Body Shaping were worthless and hated them. Now I kinda like them!

So I cut out all the Lindas, and added a bunch of KCM's to my cart!! I have KCM's already and don't use them. So why I added them, I have no idea. The clips were great and looked like something I'd do... but I am not doing KCMs. I have all the Firms on the site. I also had the Do More Pilates workouts in my cart, and I am not doing Pilates right now. So do I get workouts I am currently not doing so when I do them they are there, or do I skip getting new workouts, since I obviously don't NEED them? I would leave the Lindas on the shelf if I got them, since they have titles such as "inner thighs (22 minutes)" and "glutes (20 minutes)" and I will NEVER do those. Like my other Lindas, besides that one lounge room series workout I do, I will never do them. So that's where I am right now. Workouts I won't use in my cart but look interesting, workouts I won't use are out of my cart. I don't know if this point if I will even take advantage of the sale or just can it all and do what I have.

I also seem to watch clips, see a move and it hits me "I have (insert workout name) already and this is so much like it!!" so I decide against it. The workout can be nothing like it, but I see the move, flash to what I have, and decide I have another workout like it that I don't do, so I can't get this one. Probably good though!

Have a great weekend you guys!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 07-18-21, 07:27 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Volume 5... DONE!

This is the one with LaRaine Chabeau. I just love her. She is so beautiful! I really focused on the movements and did it all perform-y. I always hope no one catches a glimpse of me through the window, they will think I am nuts! Ha! I really get into it. I am still using 10's as my heavy, 15's for back rows, and 5's as my light. Since my delts were sore, I chose this one since it's like hips, abs and legs. That way I could somewhat give my arms a break.

I kept my shoes on for the mat work to add some extra weight. I can go up in weight on the part where she puts the weight behind the knee, I used ankle weights (and shoes) plus 5 pounds, but I can easily go up to 8 next time and see what happens. I still can't add weight onto the outside thigh work!! I really need to work up to that. So many abs on this workout though! Wow! I focused and performed, and today my abs are so sore. I woke up with that area just inside the hip bone aching like crazy. All good though!

I love doing all the moves with a flourish. I used to do that all the time, and forgot about that! Doing it reminds me of when I used to workout in homes of the past. I remember once putting an all fire flourish into a Firm in my living room when I lived in my house before I got married, and even though the curtains were closed and there was no way anyone saw me, someone knocked on the door and I had such a heart attack and ran to the bedroom like I was running from a mugger! HA! In my head I swore they saw me dancing and acting all Firm-y.

Yesterday ended up being hot and miserable at the graduation, but luckily it was over in 1 1/2 hours instead of 2. Somewhat better! I cut a shirt of LB's into a belly shirt and cut off the sleeves, and she wore that. I saw her worrying about it midway through, but I mouthed "you're fine" to her and she seemed to relax. It's crazy I am the Mom sometimes and can just say something to put her at ease. It's like a power I have to wield carefully. We kinda bummed around the rest of the day. LB has a camp this week again where she's busy allllllll day (8:30-3:30) so I am letting her be a bum this weekend. After this, nope. We gotta do stuff.

It was pretty hot yesterday. So it was easy to be lazy!

Plus apparently my abs were working on tightening up.

So I have to say, this is the first time in years I am actually seeing changes again. My clothes still fit somewhat the same, however I am not seeing my belly button through some shirts like I was. I have a tank top that was always a little flowy on me, and before when I put it on, I saw my belly button and like a donut around it. I wore it yesterday, and it was a little flowy again. My waistbands dont seem to be bigger, but I am still counting that as a win.

I used to wake up and look in the mirror and see a pregnant belly when I looked at my belly from the side (which I did to see how pregnant I looked) and these last two mornings, I look and I actually kinda like what I see! I'm not there, but my belly is flatter and I feel less bloated. Mostly what I think is helping is I take a scoop of protein powder and mix it in my coffee first thing, because the nutritionists I listen to said to balance your blood sugar right when you wake up with protein. So I put half in my coffee, then the other half in my tea which I always drink next.

Then I don't eat until I am hungry, but I don't eat a lot. I stop when I am satisfied. I don't keep going just becuase the food tastes good (which was harder before becuase I think my blood sugar was all over the place) If I'm not hungry, I am not eating. I make another protein scoop with amazing grass (a freeze dried vegetable drink) and carry it with me for the 3:00 munchies. I drink that instead. I am trying not to overeat lunch or dinner. It's taken about a month since I have been doing this, but I finally feel like I am less hungry and munchie throughout the day and I am finally getting more protein in.

Plus I am finally feeling like I am seeing some results! I am still bloated, look blown up, my clothes still don't fit right, but I am seeing results. At this rate, perhaps I will look good in my summer clothes right about the time summer ends!

Hopefully I will be able to wear more clothes I have set aside at least.

Waves to both of you! Hope you are having a great weekend!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 07-18-21, 04:17 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Oops I got behind again LOL but I was working out!

Friday: I had Turbo Jam/Fire on the mind after the post with Eventmom and I wanted something a little tougher and different, and after perusing my collection, thought oh yeah Turbo Fire!! Wasn't sure if I would be able to keep up with the fast pace but I had mostly memorized the 30 and 45 minute workouts. I did the Turbo Fire 30 workout and my muscle memory was still there LOL then I tried the 10 minute stretch on the same DVD, and partly did my own thing but I liked it! Overall a 40 minute workout.

Saturday: Cathe Flex Train. This is one is total body with a little more pizzaz-some combination and metabolic type moves-along with focused weight training. The music was really fun in this one! I would say it isn't AS hard as some of her other workouts but I still felt worked out. Total workout time 56 minutes.

Today: Ran on treadmill for about 20 minutes (more of walking with running bursts) then Pure Barre Focus Series Thighs warm up through the bonus inner thigh work after seat, plus Callanetics stretch for a 70 minute workout.

Eventmom Haha it's funny that you did that Fat Blaster. She really hams it up in this one and it's very high impact. I think I originally got it from a thrift store too and I ended up really liking it but I do have to be in the mood!

The pandemic was definitely the time to shine with working out at home!! I know people struggled without the gym but of course it was seamless for us VFers

Buzzer Today is the last day of Mary's sale and I decided to just skip it all together, and see what I "have" to have by the time the next sale comes around (Labor Day maybe?) I've gotten pretty spendy lately and feel like I'm purchasing something just to purchase something, there's not a single thing in my cart that I urgently have to have and would do today. So I'm cooling off til next sale then we'll see!

I never disliked Tracey's tick tock abs but they seem more fun or active rest than effective LOL. I always thought LaReine of Volume 5 was gorgeous!

I am very inspired by your story of consistency and persevering with your good eating habits and finally seeing results!!! I was really getting to a good spot myself right after returning from vacation last week, but careened off again on Thursday and while Friday and yesterday were okay, I never really got that confidence and feeling less bloated back again. And since I let the junk food in, my cravings are crazy now. Ugh. My clothes fit but I have the muffin top with the donut shaped belly button area you speak of sometimes depending on what I wear. I'm glad you're looking better, and even better, that you're feeling less hungry and munchie! If I can just get over the munchies, I think the rest of my eating is fine. Anyway wonderful progress congratulations!!!
Old 07-18-21, 05:38 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA both days - a low impact youtube yesterday and TA 2.1 DC today.

I rode both days. We cleaned the house thoroughly today. We'd vacuumed and cleaned the carpets (dust) but we really hadn't done a full cleaning. I climbed up and vacuumed spider webs.

buzzer - it sounds like you found a way to eat and keep your body nourished that is helping you be consistent and glad you are getting results. They may not seem huge but they are results so great job!

ebianco - I cracked up that you mentioned fat blaster! I was grateful to be a home exerciser during the pandemic. But my one gym class that I loved and did for ? 20 years here in Taos is probably gone for good. I would guess the instructor fully retired. Who knows how old she was, she started out with Jack Lalane. She still put together a tough class, she was amazing.
Old 07-20-21, 04:56 AM  
Buzzer

Walk around the lake 2 times for 2.8 miles total... DONE!

So I dropped LB off at camp yesterday. It's about 30 minutes away, and we had to be there at 8:15. Getting her ready and me ready and the drive was enough that I didn't get to workout in the morning. So instead, after I dropped her off, my friend and I walked around the lake twice. It was a good brisk walk, and I probably would have meandered more if it weren't for her. So it was good. Not "I did a Firm Volume!" good, but good.

Today I have a choice of either working out at 5am (which would be fine since I woke up at 3am!) or waiting until after I drop off LB at my friends house to take her in to camp for me. I drop her off at 7:30, so I could probably be home by 8 to workout. I hope! I have to check the weather and see if my workout room will be heated up too much by then! I prefer the "not 5am" time!

So the walk was fine. At least I did something. I really need to do a volume today! I volunteered to take all the kids in and pick them up again tomorrow. There are over 500 kids signed up for this camp, and although it's a big building and large outside area, that's a lot of kids and parents. Plus the parents bring kids that aren't in camp to get their kids. So it's a lot of people!! Long lines. If we can consolidate a bit, I am all for it! So I am not sure if I will be able to workout tomorrow. Plus with gas prices, I might find something to do at that end of town anyhow! woof.

So today I really need to make sure I do a good workout!

I did get some browsing done. I walked through Hobby Lobby, because it is one of my favorite stores. I never buy anything full price, and they just have everything. I got an outdoor rug for $10 that looks great in front of this outdoor couch I got from my parents (that we had growing up). I repainted the couch, got new cushions, now I have this outdoor rug in front of it. I also got a metal "welcome" sign for either over the couch on the wall or the front of our house, and some wooden birds on a sign that'll look cute somewhere too. I decided we need color, our house is light brown, we have dirt, weeds, light colored stone path, and a rock wall. Our house blends into the landscape. Which is fine, but the curb appeal is zero and there is zero color anywhere. So I am trying to get a bit of color somewhere! So I am starting with the deck in the back and my couch! HA!

The back deck is my favorite part of the house right now. LB and I sit outside on it every evening. we work puzzles, talk, and just hang out. I spend the mornings out there. As a matter of fact, that's where I am this morning, at 3:45 in the stinking morning! HA!

So anyhow, long story longer, today will be working out and getting more done around here. Hanging up my new signs. I'm considering getting some flowers, whether real or fake (it gets to 120 degrees in the front of our house. Real flowers will surely not last!)

Eventmom: That is sad about your favorite instructor. So many businesses closed with covid, and more are closing now because they can't find employees. DH was trying to hire someone, and people were either applying just to say they applied to a job for unemployment benefits to continue, or didn't show up for the interview. Plus, they can now get $15.50 to START at fast food, and small businesses can't compete with that. It's getting bad out there! He finally found someone who wants to work, so that's such a blessing! I am sorry she has retired. This last year as really done a lot of people in

I am not seeing great results, but results are results! I am grateful for them. I have a long way to go, but it's a great first step! I think that's why I want to make sure I do some workouts this week, even though it'll be inconvenient. I am finally seeing results, I don't want to mess with that!! Yesterday should have been my Firm day, and I did another cardio day and I felt like my core wasn't as tight as it is after a Firm.

Ebianco: I skipped the sale too. I didn't mean to, but I found that I wasn't upset about it, so it must be OK. One of the KCM's I wanted I found on eBay for half the price, so I tested out the waters by getting it. I was actually kinda neutral about getting it. I wasn't excited I got it. I will do it, but I think I am so into the Firm right now, anything I would have gotten I would have just set aside anyhow, and probably wouldn't get back to. So I am Ok with missing the sale. It cost me $7.95 to figure that out, but better than $30=50 I would have spent!!

I have been doing pretty good with my new eating plan. I fell off yesterday and got a burger from Good Times, however I skipped the fries and drink (I had my big 64 ounce bottle of lemon water with me anyhow) so I still count it in the "win" category!! I haven't been hungry for the afternoon drink, so the one I made a few days ago is still traveling around with me. I just add more ice to it. I do sip at it, but haven't been so hungry I drink the whole thing. I don't know if that's good or not! I am not snacking though, so I am counting that also as a "win"!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 07-20-21, 06:53 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - yoga in the garden of sernity
today - TA 2.1.6 day 1 + 20 min of caribbean aerobics

so I rode my horse today. We've only walked mostly this trip but today there was good footing in one spot so I asked her to trot and she seems lame. I feel terrible - this may have been going on. I can't see what it is definitively and I don't really have a set up her to rehab her. I've got her on NSAID and went to walgreens and bought a topical for her (they use the same thin on horses as humans).

buzzer - I think a good result is a good result! and skipping a sugar drink and fries is a big win!

hi ebianco!