Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-21, 03:17 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Muscle & Grace (lower body work)

Cyana, our Whole Wallet didn't have any Japanese sweet potatoes either. I had to go to an Asian market to get them. I haven't found anything interesting at the market although I did buy a watermelon that I hope is good (we haven't cut it yet). I love watermelon when it's sweet and firm. I like Romaine and Red leaf the most among lettuce varieties. I have tried many times but I don't like arugula because it tastes too bitter to me but many people love it. Like you, I typically have a big colorful salad every day for my brunch. It usually has in it: romaine, shredded carrot, shredded red cabbage, broccoli slaw, diced red pepper, celery and cucumber. I eat my cherry and grape tomatoes separately because I like to eat them in a small bowl as a snack and jicama cut in sticks too! Nothing is better than home grown tomatoes though--they are so sweet and delicious!
Oh my gosh, Leonid and Friends remake of Steely Dan's My Old School was fun!

Garrie, I think you should become a certified personal trainer--you would make a great one.

Beth, if your hip needs heat, a warm bath might help.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 03:47 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I thought some of the walkers in this group might enjoy this 10-minute yoga snack for long walking (especially since it is set on a peaceful beach):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qka...l=YogawithOlga

Paine, it certainly feels nice to have the hot water run over it in the shower.

Here was my week:

Monday DVD love day!
Kettlebell Warm-up (100 swings, 2m Around the World, Halos)
Kettlebell Your Way to a Perfect Body
Blissology - Monday Quickie

Tuesday
Kettlebell Warm-up (100 swings plus some experimental moves - ouch!)
Barlates Body Blitz (YT) - Graceful Swan Arms
Bellyfit - free live workout (@45 minutes)
Blissology - Tuesday Quickie
TAUGHT yoga at studio

Wednesday
TAUGHT yoga at studio
Total Core Pilates - Warm-up, Abs work
Yin Yoga with Matt (YT) - Psoas Release

Thursday
Lauren Brooks 100 Swing Challenge Day 3 (probably too soon )
Caroline Girvan (YT) - 40 Minute Upper Body Workout (1st half)
Yoga Journal Your Daily Yoga - Clear & Confident

Friday
Annie Pilates PT (YT) - Tight Weak Thoracic Spine & Glutes Fusion
Caroline Girvan (YT) - 40 Minute Upper Body Workout (2nd half)

Saturday
TAUGHT yoga at studio and at retreat
LIVE restorative/yoga nidra class (at retreat)

Sunday
Total Body Solution - Lower Back
Caroline Girvan (YT) - 45 Minute Unilateral Shoulders & Arms
James Knight (Vimeo) - Improve Posture & Release Tension in the Back
Yin Yoga with Matt (YT) - 45m Yin Yoga for Spine & Hips (about 32m)

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 04:51 PM  
cyana

Today (Typing while I'm listening to My Old School, LOL! I think I'm up to about 12-15 listens so far. Reminds me of the dark ages when I'd run to the record store and buy a 45 for a new top 40 song and listen over and over until I'd memorized the lyrics.):
ETV - Live Class from 7.6.2021 with Maude
MFML - Your Daily Hip Practice - Adam Hocke
YT - Staycation Yoga - Yin Yoga for Home or Away - yogibethC
YT - Positive Mind in Five Minutes Meditation - Jason Stephenson
YT - Weight Loss Meditation - Guided Visualization, Self-Improvement Meditation, Relaxation - Jason Stephenson
YT - 11 Minute Chakra Meditation with Himalayan Singing Bowls - Templesounds

Wow, I was humbled by some of the moves in Adam's practice and it wouldn't have been difficult for people with more normal hip range of motion. I always enjoy Maude - she comes across as being such a delightful person.

Pat - You know I'm going to have to go look at Bird's feet after reading your comment. That reminds me of a former co-worker - she went to some hoity toity shoe store and everyone in there oooooed and aaahhhhed over her feet because they were so small and had arches (I guess everyone who came in had flat feet?? ). She also walked out with a massively expensive pair of shoes.

Paine - If you decide to try arugula again, I'd suggest trying to find some locally grown freshly harvested baby arugula leaves. I love arugula, but don't prefer the "adult" version with lots of stems. I love watermelon, too, but it's so heart-breaking when you think you chose the perfect watermelon and it turns out to be a dud when you get it home and cut it open. It's hard to beat a perfectly ripe watermelon on a hot summer day. One of my market vendors makes a juice drink with watermelon, lime juice, spearmint and a touch of organic sugar this time of year. DH loves it (and has 5 bottles in the refrigerator right now).

Garrie - Thanks for the info on the air fryer.

Beth - I checked out the link - wow, I haven't seen a beach that wide since I was much younger! I want to be there - wherever there is. I used a box from Costco instead of a chair with your practice today - it actually worked quite well since it was large and sturdy.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 05:49 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Right now it is 105 degrees outside -- but at least that is cooler than yesterday. We have one more toasty day tomorrow, but then our high temps return to a more seasonal mid-90s.

Today's Workout: It was back to the beach with Sahra for the Abs & Waist routine from Essentrics Body Sculpting Series.

Cyana: I think Body Sculpting Series is my most used Essentrics DVD also!

Garrie: I agree with our Paine that you would be a great personal trainer!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 05:51 PM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Hi. I had an MRI yesterday and read my results online. The Dr was making sure I didn't tear the rotator again. I didn't, but the repaired tendon has tendonosis and there are fluid and debris from where he shaved off my clavicle. I follow up with the surgeon on Tuesday.

Today I rode the stationery recumbent bike so I wouldn't use my arm. I used it enough last week.

Thursday I did what I could of Cathe's CrossTrain Express upper body split while the man used the multi muscle unit. After our workouts we did biceps curls his way. We started at 15 reps, 14, 13, and down to one. I thought my arms were toasted after Cathe but they didn't bother to get sore.

Beth - I'm alternating ice and heat. You could try that. I was always told to use ice when there's inflammation but my surgeon likes to alternate. Heat always felt good before the hip replacement. When I read "debris" in the MRI report I thought of your FIL. I think it was your FIL. Unlike him the last thing I want is more surgery.

Sandra - I hope you cool down soon out there.

Moving my arm to type on the phone is not helping my shoulder. It must be time for ice.

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 08:05 PM  
Garrie A.

Today:
-Kari Anderson's Angles, Lines & Curves

This is just such a feel-good workout--from the calming music and setting, to Kari's low-key demeanor, to how everything flows. I really need to do it more often! I have the VHS, but am considering upgrading to DVD and giving the VHS away on Share The Wealth. Mary has a sale, and she has some in stock. And...she has ALC II which I might purchase too.

Linda: Good to see you! Glad you didn't re-tear your rotator cuff, but sorry to hear about the tendonosis and fluid/debris.

Sandra: I hope some cooler weather comes your way!

Beth: You had a great week! I loved the Caroline upper body workout I did last week (Day 8 of Epic). I'm doing more Caroline workouts this week--possibly two of her new Circuit Series ones (Upper Body and Legs).

Waves all around!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 08:16 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

A quick fly by for me, we’ve had a fun busy weekend with DS2 & DIL.

Yesterday:
~BellyFit zoom: Invoking Kindness
~Forest walk & lake swim

Today:
~BellyFit Elements: Earth - I did the cardio only, about 40 min. BF sure has evolved since this first workout! It was voice over, more traditional cardio, fairly brisk pace. The set was nice, but too dark IMO. I’m not a fan of voice over & I find Alice much more connected to her audience now than she is here. It was a fun workout though, I enjoyed it.
~Neighbourhood family walk

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 08:00 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Happy Moan Day from Louisiana bayou north. I swear there was an alligator in the back yard this morning. If only they could absorb this up somehow and fly it out to the poor people out west.

I made it to the gym yesterday and warmed up on the recumbent bike, getting sucked into a cheesy Lifetime channel movie. The plan was to hit the weights but after 20 minutes I had to go back to the bike and watch more of the movie.

Pretty sure I've bailed on Lucy's summer challenge. Just can't bring myself to do the Beach Cardio routine one more time. You get good benefits from repeating the moves every day, but ... it's gotten ugh.

Pam, I feel the same way about the original Elements set. My DVDs also had the problem of loud music and I couldn't hear Alice. She made good on it by giving me free access to the program via bellyfit.com. I still love those workouts for the visuals, music and vibe.

I'm afraid to hit "submit reply" but here goes. Everyone have a great day, it's good to see we can post again!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 08:51 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, DH & I never find it very difficult to get sucked into a cheesy movie. I am still sometimes copying my post before I hit reply just to be on the safe side.

Pam, glad you are still getting to spend time with family. I have all of the Bellyfit Elements but don't do Earth very often simply because of the voiceover--it's a nice practice, but I agree with you that Alice is much more engaging teaching live!

Garrie, I have been focusing on Caroline's upper body stuff to give my hip a rest. She is tough! But I made a correction from yesterday - I did her entire workout (even though earlier in the week I split into two parts). I agree with others that you would be great as a personal trainer! Are you excited about your upcoming move, stressed, or both?

Linda, heat always feels better to me, but that's just me. I did try the heating pad yesterday and it seemed to help since I'm feeling better this morning. I'm trying to recall my reference to "debris" - did I say something about that when my FIL had back surgery around 8 years ago? If so, you have a better memory than I do! Hope your surgery follow-up tomorrow goes well.

Sandra, you really ARE toasty there! We are still in our cooler phase here; it fact it hasn't yet reached 70 this morning.

cyana, glad you got to enjoy another performance from your fave band even if you drove the rest of the household to distraction. Also glad that you proved me right that anything can be a yoga prop! I love that beach in Olga's practice too. I remember being in Cape Ann (north of Boston/Cape Cod) with DH's family in the early 90s, and when the tide was out, the beach was super-wide like that.

Happy Monday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 08:18 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: Margaret Richard's Muscle & Grace -- the whole thing except for warm ups and cool downs. Earlier today I got outside for a 2-hour walk, which felt wonderful!

Our weather has begun to cool down, with highs at a more seasonal mid- to low 90s. Even better, our cool mornings have returned -- so refreshing.

Linda: Hi there! Sorry your shoulder is still troublesome, but am glad to hear you didn't re-tear the rotator cuff.

Garrie: Angles, Lines & Curves is a good one. I like Kari Anderson -- she is so graceful herself, but her instruction doesn't make me feel like a klutz.

Take care everyone!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
twisting