Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-06-21, 08:29 PM  
Garrie A.

Sunday's workout:
The Firm: Total Body Shaping Mix (first time...loved it! Nice mix of segments from my favorite Firms, although Firm Cardio was overused IMHO. Every time I do any Firm or FitPrime that features Heidi Tanner I think of the time Beth saw her at an online meeting. )

Yesterday:
TAUGHT Step class

Today:
The Firm: Tough Tape
Barlates: Ankle Weight Butt Sculpter (sp)

Don't ask what I was drinking when I decided to add on a Barlates workout to Tough Tape. Ankle Weight Butt Sculpter has been on my to-do list for a while, so I decided to give it a try. I enjoyed it, although I had to take off my ankle weights early on. My hammies and glutes were burning in a good way (and still are while I'm sitting here typing), and I had to take breaks several times throughout. Even if I'm coming into the workout fresh, I'd still probably have to do it with no ankle weights. Since Linda uses quiet unobtrusive music, I switched on YouTube Music and put a 90's country playlist on shuffle. No, not just so Linda can't hear me calling her bad names while she makes it look like it's nothing with her 2 lb. ankle weights!

Sandra: Glad my VF review was helpful! I need to pull out Sculpture again and review it on my blog. It's been a long time since I've done it. on the pool toilets!

Pat: I don't have an Instant Pot, but I have an air fryer and absolutely love it. Your beach day sounds lovely!

Cyana: Love your ExLax brownies idea!

Beth: Nice picture!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Joyce Vedral "Mix-It-Up" Rotation

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 09:29 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Whew, I got scared - when I clicked on New Ports I got a database error.

Nothing at all yesterday. It was so darn hot all I could manage was my daily activities.

Have a good day all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 09:38 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, my mom was telling me that she really has come to hate summer - she finds that she goes out less b/c she gets hot so easily.

Garrie, I probably would have had to skip the ankle weights too! I actually did a Barlates yesterday too, her Swan Arms practice.

I taught yoga last night and then subbed for my friend Carol this morning - that was fun because it was a different group and more people than I usually get (9). We also did some playful stuff. This weekend I teach on Saturday morning at the studio and then at the retreat in the afternoon!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 12:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

I am still here, had issues getting on VF recently, kept getting a database error. I’m way behind on personals, hope everyone is well!

We had a lovely weekend in the city with family. It was so nice to have everyone together. We did a lot of walking and had a huge functional fitness day on Monday. We emptied out our condo & did some cleaning. Thankfully we had emptied out cupboards, closets, & the fridge and had cleaners come in after our Airbnb tenants left so it wasn’t too bad. We rented a uhaul trailer, loaded it, drove it home, and then unloaded it. That was definitely a workout! We were both beat but so happy to have it all done. The new owners take possession on July 23.

Yesterday I taught an in person Essentrics class outside on the deck & did some MELTing & yin. MELT gave me some extra sub time after they cut me off early. I do find it very helpful. This morning I taught Essentrics on zoom with my nursing buddies. I hope to get some strength in later, I’ve totally neglected it lately.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 01:56 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Looks like others are getting the "database error" when trying the "new posts" link--I hope it doesn't impact our posting here!

Pam, good news about finishing up with the condo! And sounds like a nice workout day yesterday.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-07-21, 03:33 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Yin Yoga with Kim Eng (practice 2)

Cyana, are split squats the same as static lunges?

Pat, when I come to the forum and click on "new posts", I get a database error.

Pam, yes you certainly did a ton of functional fitness from emptying your condo and moving things. Congrats on selling your condo!

Beth, your mom might like a neck fan to make her more comfortable if she goes out of the house. They have them at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092M5JH8C...lig_dp_it&th=1
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 04:51 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, LOL - my mom has one of those! She has all kinds of fans and mini-fans; she actually just bought another little battery operated one at the Dollar Tree while I was there.

Sounds like we are all getting the same error when we try "New Posts"; glad we are still able to connect with each other despite this!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-07-21, 06:34 PM  
JustSandra

Hello all!

I missed a workout yesterday.

Today's Workout: I did half of Margaret Richard's Sculpture Upper Body. Well, I skipped warm-up, cool down and abs, so maybe I did closer to one third. She covers five major upper body areas (biceps, triceps, pecs, delts and back) with two rounds; I did just one round of each area. That made maybe a 20-minute upper body routine, which felt kinda short, but I didn't want to do two full rounds (which would presumably be about 40 minutes). So I don't see myself doing Sculpture Upper Body again anytime soon, but as I noted the other day the Lower Body half of Sculpture turned out to be a good half-hour routine for me.

Yogapam: Glad to hear you have sold your condo and got everything moved out. That is a big accomplishment!

Stay cool out there!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-21, 07:39 PM  
cyana

Quick late day wave to everyone. Last night was a major insomnia sufferfest. Why do I typically finally fall back to sleep when it's almost time to get up???

Paine - Yes - I use split squat and stationary/static lunge to describe the same move. Sometimes I'll post one term over the other and think "Ooooo.....maybe I should've used the other term."

Pam - I was wondering if you'd sold your condo - congratulations.

Knock on wood, haven't gotten the database error so far but on Sunday I got a "the server is busy" message when I was trying to do a PM.

DH threw together a garbanzo bean salad for dinner. It was nice to have something easy, cool and healthy - ticked multiple boxes.

Must try to get some quickie qi gong or at least some stretching in before time to wind down for bed. Here's hoping the feline and humans have a better night's sleep tonight as I already have a busy day ahead tomorrow.

Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 08:03 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Well, I see "new posts" is still down. I wonder what's going on.

Yesterday was another hot one and a miserable day at work to boot. But I forced myself to do the next Lucy installment, Beach Cardio plus 7 minutes arms and abs; almost 6,000 steps. We learned last night that we are in the path of Elsa and the spot where I live is supposed to get activity.

Cyana, garbanzo bean salad sounds really good. I'll look up some ideas. I made a salad with some bok choy in it and it's a nice addition! I had some small inner stalks hanging around in the fridge and chopped those up, tossed with field greens, romaine, sugar snap peas and Love Beets. The leafy part gave the greens some kick, and the chopped stem parts were sweet and crunchy.

Sandra, that's a good upper body workout.

Paine - love that fan!

Beth, I sure hope all these errors won't impact our check-in. It's scary.

Pam, congratulations on getting all that moving work behind you.

Have a good day everyone, and may all your VF posts go through!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
twisting