Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-02-21, 04:47 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Happy Friday!

Today I was sooo sluggish from eating bad yesterday, and I had a lot of surprising DOMS in my lower body I guess from PHA yesterday? So I nearly blew off today but it is an active recovery and I am trying to tighten up my workouts, having had a few unplanned rest days recently. So I did Fitprime G-Force rebounding with Tracie Long, most of the cardio and the core at the end (about 30 minutes) then Fitprime 6 Day Trainer the yoga premix, most of the workout at about 15 minutes for a 45 minute workout.

I hope I stretched out some of my DOMS so I can hit it hard with Cathe tomorrow!

Edited for Saturday: Today I did Cathe LITE Pyramid Pump, the total body premix "up only" which was about 50 minutes, then added the bonus abs, for a total 63 minute workout. The time really flew by! It makes me think the total workout (up and down) at 80 minutes wouldn't be THAT bad and may try to attempt it someday, or maybe not LOL. Since this is intended to be an easier workout, I ended up going higher in poundage than Cathe and team, which would definitely NEVER happen in a normal Cathe workout. Then I went outside just for a long walk and upped my total exercise time to about 100 minutes. Yeah!

Eventmom and Buzzer It's not just me with American Dad right? They were definitely inspired by TA, LOL

Haha now I have no motivation to pull out that Ellen Fusion Flow. If it were today I wouldn't even have picked it up. I really liked Ellen's first studio set (Fat Burning Fusion, Slim Sculpt, Yogini) but never really felt the magic again with any of her subsequent workouts. I love Ellen but I just tend to reach for one of these three and never for the 3 or 4 other DVDs I have of hers.

Buzzer Firm Cardio is one of MY all time favorite Firm workouts! I love the music, Heidi Tanner, the step aerobics, and the tough sequencing of exercises. Despite being titled "cardio" and presumably a good cross trainer for Firm Strength, I find it nearly as strength oriented as Firm Strength. I guess if you went really light on weights, you could turn it into more of a cardio workout, but Heidi doesn't seem to go light on weights to me! That workout is super tough and then I always forget about the tough table set at the end. And Im always like AAH how did I forget?!?!

Ugh I would have been frustrated about the tie-dye shirt too. I've always wanted to try that but not if it is a tedious exercise LOL! It's a bummer you got it just how you liked it, and then it got "touched up" LOL.

I'll still be checking in tomorrow and sunday, not leaving until Tuesday so will check back in the following Saturday! I don't want to push myself too hard but I think the two Cathe band DVDs I have, plus maybe a Barlates or Michelle Dozois' On the Go DVD (I have loved this one in the past for travel) to round it out will be just right for next Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I am on vacay while also having workout days.

We are staying on a rural farm b&b and supposedly there will be fresh pasture chicken eggs And tons of wineries so I'm hoping for some really fancy upscale restaurants! And a little hiking (as much as DH will put up with) and shopping to round out the days.
Old 07-03-21, 06:25 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA year 2 can't remember which one - I backed up a few levels then TA DC 1.3

so back to TA but next week Jacquelyn Umoff is doing a barre blast for 5 days so I'll do that.

ebianco - that sounds like a great vacation, I agree you are likely to find some excellent restaurants in wine county.

buzzer - I agree firm cardio is not cardio LOL
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-21, 01:54 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Since I went out walking yesterday, and it is really hot today, I kept my cardio inside. There's a few youtube instructors I've wanted to try, one is "growwithjo" she is very cheerful and has kind of upbeat walking workouts, and has lost a lot of baby weight presumably with her own workouts. Anyway I've wanted to try one of her workouts for a while, but didn't really know where to fit her in because she seems too easy. So I did about half of this workout (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1DBJhxKmiU&t=1014s) as a warm up and then I was getting bored so I moved on. I liked it for what it was, it was definitely on the easier side but I think her target audience is more beginners and establishing exercises consistency. I like that she moves in tempo with the music.

Then I was going to do a dance by "The Studio by Jamie Kinkeade", I've tried her before but most of her stuff is too complex for me but I found one that was supposed to be easier. But while I was looking for dance workouts, I also came across "Cardio Party Mashup Fitness" (this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HvdCW7bxlo) and I did it after the Growwithjo workout, and it was excellent!! She is a terrific find. For high impact, she shows a split screen where on one side she offers low impact modifications, and they have a little more pizzaz than regular low impact modifications. She uses real music (this workout was Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera) and I had a total blast. It kicked my butt though and I couldn't complete it, I probably did about 50/50 low impact and high impact, and that was still really tough! I needed to save some energy for Pure Barre, and I did Pure Barre Resistance #1 for a total 90 minute workout.

And that is that for this week's workouts! I packed up Cathe LITE Bodyweight and Bands, Cathe Travel Fit, Tonique Femme Fatale, and Michelle's On the Go (if I can locate the DVD uh oh) for my trip next week. And I nearly forgot to pack the actual bands/loops but I remembered, LOL.

Eventmom Yes I am intending on going to a fancy restaurant every day while we are on vacation! It's really only four days but that should be four fantastic meals

Buzzer waves!

Happy Fourth of July to you both!
Old 07-04-21, 07:28 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

TA + a sunny funny fitness latin for cardio
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEB5...xvOV0&index=28

ebianco - I've done at least one of that instructors workouts. She's pretty good, I remember I liked her music. I took a look at the other instructor I like her music also! Enjoy your vacation - I want a complete restaurant report when you get back. Safe travels!

hi buzzer!
Old 07-05-21, 12:18 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all, it was a rest day today, but I decided to go out for a walk, and thanks to gentle hills and 80 degree weather, worked up quite a sweat! Also I went on a cleaning spree, vacuuming and mopping the floor among other things so I have a nice clean house to come back to. So it was a bonus 45 minute workout today.

Eventmom Thank you and I am going to research restaurants this afternoon!! I am TOTALLY excited about going on vacation tomorrow. Just the idea of relaxation and restoration after I think my last vacation which was about three years ago.

Buzzer waves!
Old 07-05-21, 04:09 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

essentrics - age reversing workouts - did the pain relief 30 min, then went outside to do some repairs came in and mobility workout. this was a thrift store find! great for recovery days.

ebianco - so much for your rest day! safe travels

hi buzzer!
Old 07-06-21, 09:38 AM  
Buzzer

two rest days from workouts... done
firm volume 1... DONE!

This was tough! I can't believe I used to hold 20's as my heavy weight (I used 10's), and put not only ankle weights on, but also hold a 12 pound weight on my leg for leg work!!! Today I had 3 pound ankle weights, took off my shoes, and tried to use my 2 pound weights held on my leg. Nope. I had to pause the workout before leg shoots to stretch and try not to cramp my muscles! I have a long way to go. No wonder I am so heavy, I used to be nothing but muscles and now I am NOT at all!!

I had two horrible nights of sleep. LB left on the 4th of July after driving her car in the parade. DH looked at her car Saturday night and noticed that one wheel has cracks in it (where the tread is), and the front are loose so they not only bow out, but also will both =point inward and both point outward at the same time. we decided this will be the last time this car is in the parade. next year we will have to get an ATV or something for her to drive!

Her friend from town came up to ride with her, and they spent some time with us. It was nice. LB cried saying good bye to DH, Eugene and Otis, however when I took her to camp she didn't becuase all her friends were there and they got them started on a task right away. They didn't even give them time to make their beds (unroll sleeping bags and count stuffed animals). which was good, because they also didn't have time to cry!! She was sad about leaving. I ended up being able to get the melatonin approved for her, and she is taking it every night. Makes me happy knowing she will probably sleep just fine this time!

I spent yesterday building the greenhouse (I got some of it done, not a lot but I have a goal of getting it done this week), deep cleaning the bathroom, and putting my winter clothes away (now that summer is about 1/2 done) and pulling out summer clothes. Today I have hand therapy and will work on the greenhouse. its the coolest day of all the days this week, so I intend to spend it building!!

Ebianco: That episode was totally TA!! Even the voice! It of course took it to the extreme, which was weird, but TA was TA throughout the whole thing. Cracked me up!! I do still like her workouts though. I just dont have to totally like her.

Have fun on your vacation!! I have had so many people ask "what are you guys going to do without LB all week??" and I say all happily "We got a dumpster!!" I have since realized people think we should go on a vacation without her or something. Nope. I am getting stuff done I can't do with her here!! Plus, yesterday DH was in town most of the day, so I was truly ALONE here all day, without DH bringing LB home after 4 or 5 hours! I was ALONE!! it was so nice!! I dont know if that has ever happened!

Enjoy fancy restaurants and relaxing. That sounds amazing!

Eventmom and Ebianco: I know I have, I think 2 Ellens, however I haven't done them in so long I dont even remember them. I know I hated that one, I think I also hated the other one. She is beautiful though, so I think I keep it hoping I will look beautiful too. HAHA!! One of my goals this week is to go through my workout room and clean, maybe its time to get rid of workouts like that.

Hope you are both having fun on your getaways!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 12:15 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

jacquelyn umoff is having a 5 day barre blast challenge so I did that workout, the extra arms and tacked on a 20 min up to the beat walk.

buzzer - I know what you mean about alone time. DH will retire in August, if it wasn't for riding and taking care of horses I would never be alone. And a dumpster to get rid of stuff - we did that once several years ago! it was great. We are in our taos house for the first time in 18 months and I have so much cleaning to do and don't remember what all I have here so I'll be sorting and trying to purge a few things.

hi ebianco!
Old 07-07-21, 09:35 AM  
Buzzer

Ballroom aerobics... DONE!!

This seemed just fun, not real tough. Sometimes this workout is tough, sometimes its easier. today it was easier. which is fine becuase I am having an active week!!

I did all the tango closes right! This is only the second time I can remember that I got them all correct!! Tomorrow a friend is coming over in the morning, at 7am, which is my workout time. So I am going to do a quick workout at 6am, probably time crunch workout.

So our backdoor sticks. It sticks becuase the house has shifted, so opening it and closing it often involves a screwdriver to open it from the inside (to pry it open at the door handle) and a kick or a knee to open it from the outside. Yesterday I was coming into the house, put my knee against the door to push it open, and one of the glass panes (about 7" x 13") broke. My knee went right through it. I only got a little cut, which was amazing since it was broken in pieces like glass from the 1920's would break (the door is easily 80-100 years old, I think it may have been an original door put in when the original cabin was built, in the 1920's). I had to clean that up, keep the nosy dogs out of the way, and cardboard over it. I have no idea what we will do. It's not like you can buy a door for a door frame that is out of square! probably keep cardboard over it until we die.

So now my list of dangerous activities are: taking out the trash, sleeping, and opening doors.

I am not getting as much done as I had hoped while LB is away. Today is day 3 though, so I am determined to get more done. I have hit a wall putting together the greenhouse. I need Dh to help me, and he is busy. I got chastised by the hand therapist yesterday for doing too much. She did the ultrasound on my finger, and I swear it hurt like crazy!! I have never felt anything with it. It felt like an electrical shock in my finger that was pretty unbearable. I tried not to say anything, but I just had to. She said the only way I would feel something is if I reinjured the bone. So that's exciting.

She did tell me to stop using the wrench and screwdriver. That pretty much means "stop building the greenhouse"

Today will be some easier things. probably tackling the kitchen and living room again, since it'll be a hot day and my friend will be over tomorrow. I need to get stuff moved into the dumpster too. Lots to do!

I miss LB, and am counting down the days and hours till she comes home, however it is really nice having days alone and not having to just have a few hours here and there!! I wish I could do this twice a year just to have the time alone. Once a year will have to do though.

Eventmom: I had trouble getting in to VF this morning. I had to go in a roundabout way, I hope you are able to get in! I am clean and purge today too. After 18 months, if you dont even know its there, its probably just best to get rid of it for sure!

ebianco: I hope you are having a great time, and relaxing! I also hope time goes slowly for you so you can enjoy yourself!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-21, 05:27 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

keeping up with the barre blast challenge.

yesterday we went to santa fe for the day so I didn't have time to check in. Had a great french meal, hit my favorite consignment stores and the equestrian thrift store (supports a horse rescue) - sort of heaven for me.

buzzer - omg on breaking the glass I'm so glad you weren't seriously injured! I'm sure it's frustrating to have to stop on the greenhouse but the break will heal more quickly if you're careful. I don't have much here to purge it seems. I don't keep that much but found a few items. We got our carpets cleaned but there's still quite of bit of cleaning we ought to do.

hi Ebianco!