Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-21, 09:44 AM  
difit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
So after donating, I felt fine. A couple hours later I felt slightly sick. I think I need to drink a gatorade type drink vs water afterwards. Otherwise, I was fine. It took about 35 mins to donate. (Everyone is different). Though, I was there quite a bit longer to do paper work and do a simple physical prior to donating.. for my first visit. I was there for 2.5 hrs total. I go back on Thurs. and it should be only about and hr from start to finish.

Not a bad way to help others that I will never meet or know and make a little pocket change at the same time. "Win-Win".

Just a side note: I think the finger prick hurts more than the actual needle they use in your arm. LOL
Yes! I always tell them that when they do the finger prick. I'm glad everything worked out.
difit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-21, 12:38 PM  
TinaT

One of the techs that's been doing this for 10 years says there is a massive shortage of plasma due to covid-19 and how the shut down didn't allow for donations for a time. Our area has not bounced back with substancial donations, and that seem to be the trend nation wide. She said we will see the effects in about 5 years with a world wide shortage. Scary to think about.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
donating blood, donating plasma