Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-21, 09:02 AM  
Nelly G

Of Topic: Feet reflexology?

Hi,
I do not know if this is of topic because it is health related and if reflexology works I can do more workouts.

I have had an acute pancreatis and with it a reflux disease in my stomach. I am still recovering and just started walking out for more energy and because I miss doing my workouts.

The strange thing I do have pain in both my feet ( under) and if I look on a map of feet reflexology I see the spot under both feet where I have pain is the spot for reflexology of the pancreas and stomach. So I massage my feet but I do not know if I do it good. That is why I am thinking of getting a feet reflexology session.

Has anyone of you had one and what where the results. Did it work for you? How may sesions did you need?

Just know that I totally change my diet and eat sugar and fat free and ordered a new bed which is flexable at the top and also with my feet ( Tempur). I also noticed I can not eat any milk products because they made me get worse.

So please let me know what you think. Thanks
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 04:52 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Hi Nelly,

It does help. i massage my big toes and the "neck" of these toes when i have a headache or neck tension.

You can immediately begin doing a self-massage of the applicable area of your foot with your thumbs - there are many youtube videos that show you how you can do this.

I also have 2 DVDs of reflexology that work the entire foot, and i feel really good after doing a session.

these are the 2 DVDs that i have - see below. note that youtube has many reflexology videos for both the feet and hands.

Prevent Stress with Reflexology by Melva Martin

Reflexology Massage Natural Journeys - Ann Gillanders

The first one "Prevent Stress" is well-chaptered by body part, and has a 10-min "treatment" at the end as a separate chapter where all of the techniques are demonstrated in one quick session. all of the other chapters are part lecture, part demonstration
where she covers one area of the foot and shows the technique on one foot and shows it on the other foot, so you can follow along and get both feet worked on.

The second DVD above is similar where she talks about the "systems" of the body as it relates to foot reflexology, and each system has a short lecture and demonstration on each foot.

In both DVDs, the instructor performs the massages on another person, but you could easily do all of the massages yourself on your own foot. Or, another person could do it on you while you relax with your feet up.

Doing it first on yourself will give you an understanding of how it works and how it feels. some areas of the foot, as you discovered, may be tender when you massage it and should be treated with care.

I responded well to doing my own self-reflexology. i did the Ann Gillanders video on myself and felt great afterwards. I also went to a massage therapist who specialized in foot massages and it was nice getting my feet worked on. i have also gone to another therapist who specialized in feet and reflexology. he was my favorite, but he discontinued his practice.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 05:15 PM  
BunnyHop

I don't have much experience with actual reflexology, but have found the MELT Method to be very helpful. It's self massage with small rubber balls and larger soft foam rollers. Feels good, too.

Years ago I decided to give it a try because I'm just not comfortable with the idea of paying someone to give me a massage.
Old 06-14-21, 10:44 AM  
Nelly G

Thanks Jeannine and Anna for your reply

I ordered the Ann Gillanders dvd from Amazon uk and the other dvd is out of stock for now.

I am also interested in the Melt hand and feet dvds but I will make a new tread for that to get more replies what to buy.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reflexology