Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-13-21, 09:32 AM  
ncl

What are your favorite success stories for inspiration?

Hi all. I am looking for some success stories for getting fit and helping me to stay consistent with my goals (more fit but without injury, some weight loss) and I am looking for some inspiring stories. They help me stay motivated in a positive way.

2 of my favorites stories are...

1. our own Hilary's post from some years back.
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=Hilary+excuse

And

2. this one...https://inspiralized.com/lifestyle/m...lose-25-pounds

from the woman who writes the Inspiralized blog

But I am looking for more! I realize that staying motivated is the hardest part for me and I am looking to stay motivated in positive way. I do not want my motivation to be feeling negative about myself. I really want to love myself well this whole process through, and inspiring stories are one of my favorite things.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 09:35 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I don't do a lot of lifting anymore, but I do love to follow this 75 year old woman. Her daughter is a personal trainer and it's amazing what diet and exercise have done for her!

https://www.instagram.com/trainwithjoan/

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 11:59 AM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I don't do a lot of lifting anymore, but I do love to follow this 75 year old woman. Her daughter is a personal trainer and it's amazing what diet and exercise have done for her!

https://www.instagram.com/trainwithjoan/
Thank you! I am following her on instagram and subscribed to her youtube channel. She looks amazing!
Old 06-13-21, 12:36 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Thank you! I am following her on instagram and subscribed to her youtube channel. She looks amazing!
She is such an inspiration! Not only does she look amazing, but she's improved her health so much...at age 75!!! So many think there's no hope at that age and "it is what it is". The human body is miraculous.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 01:33 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
Hi all. I am looking for some success stories for getting fit and helping me to stay consistent with my goals (more fit but without injury, some weight loss) and I am looking for some inspiring stories. They help me stay motivated in a positive way.

2 of my favorites stories are...

1. our own Hilary's post from some years back.
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=Hilary+excuse
You already listed my favorite--Hilary's!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-21, 02:09 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I like this subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics/

Most people list their height, age, starting weight (SW) and current weight (CW), leading to their total weight lost or gained (TWL/G). They usually show this as SW > CW = TWL. Most also list the amount of time it took them to get there.

A lot of them are weight loss progressions, but some are weight gaining or muscle building as well as a lot of all over body recomposition. There are men and women, and they usually include information about how they got there and some history.

I find it pretty motivational because you can find people to relate to and also see some pretty impressive transformations! It's a very encouraging subreddit all around.
Old 06-13-21, 05:40 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I've tagged this thread. also, see this VF webpage:

Video Fitness Success Stories

Joyce Vedral's books have before and after photos of women >30 YO who toned up using Joyce's weight routines.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 07:57 PM  
ncl

These are great! Thank you!
Old 06-14-21, 08:26 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
This is great, thank you!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-21, 08:42 PM  
alisoncooks

I used to love the success stories that Collage posted in their catalogs! I submitted one and won once! It was such an exciting thing for me. I wish they were still available to read!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, inspiration, inspirational, success stories