Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-21, 08:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I like the Ellen Barrett Crunch workouts. I also do a Sara Ivanhoe Crunch yoga every Saturday.

That's about the extent of my Crunch tolerance. There's an awful lot of hamming/posturing in those workouts, lol. And the clothes and hair remind me of high school -- very Spice Girls-y.
Some of the background girls in Ellen's Crunch workouts are really tough looking, too. Like girls I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of in high school.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 08:37 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Some of the background girls in Ellen's Crunch workouts are really tough looking, too. Like girls I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of in high school.
Oh my, lol.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 09:42 AM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I know! The outfits are unbearable by today's standards. I rarely do them. They look very dated, more so than older workouts even!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 10:41 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

There are still several Crunch gyms around California. The one down the street from me didn't survive the pandemic closures, however.

My faves on VHS were Boot Camp, Fat Blaster: The Next Step, Cardio Sculpt and Candlelight Yoga. I still have CY on dvd.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 03:02 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercat View Post
There are still several Crunch gyms around California. The one down the street from me didn't survive the pandemic closures, however.

My faves on VHS were Boot Camp, Fat Blaster: The Next Step, Cardio Sculpt and Candlelight Yoga. I still have CY on dvd.
When I was working in the NYC there was a Crunch somewhere around the NYU area. Maybe 12th or 13th Street??? Not sure if that one has survived.

My favorites are the ones led by Ellen - Burn and Firm Pilates and Super Slim down Pilates Yoga Blend. Both have a place in my library.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 03:26 PM  
laurajhawk

Hey, I just want to thank the poster who mentioned the Energizing bonus on Sara's Candlelight Yoga. I acquired that DVD a year or two ago but hadn't done the bonus, thought I'd give it a try today, and really liked it! I used it as a "starter" and then added on another 10-15 minutes of my own yoga flow.

It took me a while to figure out how to play it. I could not find any way to select it on the main menu. Eventually I went into audio options and found it listed under the "voice only" so I played it there ... and it had music. (I wanted the music anyway! )

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-21, 07:28 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

There's a Crunch gym in Homestead, PA that I bought a t-shirt at a few years ago. I've also seen another one somewhere, possibly somewhere on a road trip to Florida.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crunch, tv fitness programs, video history, vintage videos, vintage workouts