Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-21, 04:00 AM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
What moves are in that Ab Attack workout? I need to do those, I have SI pain on my left side...ugh...

Donna
I'll have to go through her workout and write moves down when I have time this weekend.

I actually don't know if Trish does many moves I haven't seen before and I wonder if the "fix" I got was just a fluke that day. The only new-to-me move I recall at the moment: Get in table top position and rock forward and back. I don't remember if an arm and a leg are extended but I think they are. If limbs are extended, I would call this Rocking Bird Dog. Maybe I went nuts over Trish helping me because I wasn't really expecting physical therapy but was just getting my core work done. Regardless, she is now my "Go To" when my SI is calling for attention.

I think, but am not sure, that most of what Trish does is also in "Viniyoga Therapy for the Low Back, Sacrum & Hips With Gary Kraftsow" which you can get on Amazon. I'd say that Gary does more therapeutic moves than Trish does, maybe because therapy is his focus on his DVD while her focus on her VHS is every day core improvement work. I have done the first Gary K workout on his DVD a few times when I've been in a good deal of pain and it was helpful. Gary's work can be seen as something as boring as watching paint dry, but "boring" is not an issue for me when I'm working to reduce pain.

Two of the best moves for the SI joint:

1) Lie on your back with knees up. Pull one knee towards the chest until you get to a 90 degree angle. Hold that knee with both hands as you push your knee against them as hard as you can.

2) Stand in a door frame with your back straight against one side. Put your foot against the opposite side with the knee bent at whatever angle works best for you. Push your foot into the door frame as hard as you can and hold for a few seconds (3 to 8 maybe). This push makes you isometrically work your leg and glute muscles, which I don't know if that helps anything, but the point (per Youtube) is to re-set/align/whatever the SI joint.

I learned the first move above from Gary's DVD and the second from those two PT guys that put rehab stuff on Youtube (I fail to recall their names so calling them "those two PT guys" is the best info I can give.)

I also have a brace that works well for me, but it has to be set very low on the hips. I went from "little boy butt" when younger to "old man butt" now that I'm 61, so my flat, non-womanly butt lets me wear this brace low enough to help me. I don't know if beautiful womanly butts prohibit effective use of this brace but they might. If you are interested in this brace, I'll dig through our years of Amazon orders to see if I can find the link.

Notes on a female's boy butt life:
1. I got rid of the boyfriend who told me to not wear running shorts because they made me look like a guy from behind.
2. I once spent a good amount of time focusing on heavy squats to see if I could grow an actual butt. One day I looked sideways at myself in the mirror and freaked out for about two seconds: IT'S WORKING!!!!. Then I realized my flip phone was in my jeans pocket. A friend told me she got her lifted/rounded beauty from body building, and had been flat butted before, so maybe I did things wrong.
3. Girlfriends once had a discussion saying I could go for implants, or at least get some gel-filled undies. I declined as soon as I was able to stop laughing enough to talk.
4. I'll just keep the butt I have since it works just fine other than a minor inactivation issue I fight on the left. Next life, I'm coming back with a bikini body plus some beautiful Japanese girl hair as a bonus.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 09:11 AM  
donnamp

Thank you, Terry for writing all of that out!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 08:07 PM  
Bluebelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Thank you, Terry for writing all of that out!

Donna
I think she's talking about Bob and Brad. Here's one of their SI joint videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4HGOT9A5Mw

I really like their videos. I also like this channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2l...Mv53QK7vdnC-rw
Bluebelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ab attack, bobandbrad, floorwork, functional fitness, pain relief, season 4, si joint, trish muse