Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-20-21, 10:58 AM  
red1013

Jessica Smith has one call Steady, Ready, Go on her Burn Fat and Have Fun DVD (which is, IMO her best DVD). It's 3 minutes of steady, 2 minutes at a faster pace, 1 minute all out (but not high impact), repeated 4 or 5 times total. The other two workouts on the DVD are great too.
Old 03-20-21, 12:32 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post
Jessica Smith has one call Steady, Ready, Go on her Burn Fat and Have Fun DVD (which is, IMO her best DVD). It's 3 minutes of steady, 2 minutes at a faster pace, 1 minute all out (but not high impact), repeated 4 or 5 times total. The other two workouts on the DVD are great too.
Thanks for the breakdown! That sounds like a format I would like. I already have the dvd but have only done the "Have a Ball" workout on it.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 10:45 PM  
bfit

There is an older Leslie Sansone workout called Walk and Jog that is intervals of her usual walking aerobics and jogging. Any of Leslie Sansone's workouts with her "boosted walking" (jogging) in them would probably work too.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 08:49 AM  
Ricka

I exercised with Jessica Smith and Peanut yesterday and had fun!
Thank you for the recommendations.
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 07:22 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Jessica Smith seems to usually do 2 minutes of interval work, 3 minutes active rest in her Walk On HIIT workouts. The workouts give level options so if you go all out and do the more advanced options, it can be tough even though it's a "walk on" workout. I haven't tried any of her Walk Strong workouts so can't compare.

1. My favorite of Jessica's Walk On HIIT workouts is the 30min Low Impact HIIT on her 2-disc 21-Day set. It's five 3/2 intervals (3 minutes steady state recovery/2 minutes interval).

2. My second favorite is her 30min 2-mile Belly Fast Blast Interval workout on the Walk Off Belly Fat 5 Days a Week dvd (even though it's an indoor set with not-so-great fake windows). This one is fun because it has three 3/2 intervals and then switches to three 2/3 intervals. So it switches halfway through. First you're doing 2 minutes interval/3 minutes active recovery and then halfway through the workout she changes to 3 minute intervals/only 2 minute active recoveries.

3. My third favorite is on disc 1 of her Walk On: Walk the Weight Off 30 Day Plan. The disc is called "5 Day Fat Burn" and contains a 30min HIIT Walk (and other workouts), but this one is only four 3/2 intervals (3 minutes steady/2 minutes interval per usual).

When I was in better shape and weighed less, I enjoyed Cathe's HIIT dvd from the Shock Cardio series. I did the 30min 30/30 one A LOT. (30 seconds all out/30 seconds recovery just walking around). Very straight forward. But it's too hard and high impact for me at my current weight and level of fitness.
I wanted to say thanks for this detailed review. These are three of hers that I don't have, that I have been eyeballing. I had an amazon GC and you helped me pull the trigger on the 21 day set. I am so excited to get this one!
Old 03-22-21, 12:03 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by owltx View Post
I wanted to say thanks for this detailed review. These are three of hers that I don't have, that I have been eyeballing. I had an amazon GC and you helped me pull the trigger on the 21 day set. I am so excited to get this one!
I think you'll be very pleased with the 21-Day set (or at least I hope so). This one has such a sunny, happy vibe. It's a little pricey IMO for only four 30-minute workouts but I reach for these ones so often that it's worth it.

I should mention though I've never done the 3rd workout "Tred & Shred" (the first workout on Disc 2). That one I think uses light weights.

The 4th workout, "Stride, Stretch & Relax" is kind of nice because it's a 15-minute walking workout that's a bit of an arm burner actually and then you stretch and relax as per the title (though my mind totally starts to wander during the 1-minute or so part at the end where you're sitting pretending to be an ice statue melting in the sun or whatever).

My only tiny complaint about this set is that there is definitely not much cooldown and stretch for workouts 1 & 2.

Fun fact: Beth's last name is "Golden" (the backgrounder on the right in workout one). So when Jessica calls her the "golden child" in the first workout because Beth's working out in a patch of sun, it's also a reference to her last name. Kind of fun. (My mom and I refer to this workout as the "golden child" workout.)

Beth is also a Zumba instructor: https://www.zumba.com/en-US/profile/beth-golden/21118

FWIW, the only Jessica set that I've tried and just don't seem to click with at all is her Walk On 3-DVD Superset: https://www.amazon.com/Walk-3-DVD-Ul...dp/B00IIOLQXU/

I've tried 5 of the 6 workouts in the set and have never returned to any of them so far to do them again. Not sure why. Maybe because I have so many other Jessica's to choose from that I like better?

Anyways, please let me know what you end up thinking about the 21-Day set, even if you don't like them or are just kind of "meh".
Old 03-22-21, 12:08 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
FWIW, the only Jessica set that I've tried and just don't seem to click with at all is her Walk On 3-DVD Superset: https://www.amazon.com/Walk-3-DVD-Ul...dp/B00IIOLQXU/

I've tried 5 of the 6 workouts in the set and have never returned to any of them so far to do them again. Not sure why. Maybe because I have so many other Jessica's to choose from that I like better?
Ok, so I just referenced my spreadsheet, and even though I've never repeated it, I do have Jessica's "Flat Abs Walk" from the 3-DVD Superset highlighted in pink (which means I liked it).
Old 03-22-21, 12:58 PM  
owltx

Quote:
I think you'll be very pleased with the 21-Day set (or at least I hope so). This one has such a sunny, happy vibe. It's a little pricey IMO for only four 30-minute workouts but I reach for these ones so often that it's worth it.

I should mention though I've never done the 3rd workout "Tred & Shred" (the first workout on Disc 2). That one I think uses light weights.

The 4th workout, "Stride, Stretch & Relax" is kind of nice because it's a 15-minute walking workout that's a bit of an arm burner actually and then you stretch and relax as per the title (though my mind totally starts to wander during the 1-minute or so part at the end where you're sitting pretending to be an ice statue melting in the sun or whatever).

My only tiny complaint about this set is that there is definitely not much cooldown and stretch for workouts 1 & 2.

Fun fact: Beth's last name is "Golden" (the backgrounder on the right in workout one). So when Jessica calls her the "golden child" in the first workout because Beth's working out in a patch of sun, it's also a reference to her last name. Kind of fun. (My mom and I refer to this workout as the "golden child" workout.)

Beth is also a Zumba instructor: https://www.zumba.com/en-US/profile/beth-golden/21118

Anyways, please let me know what you end up thinking about the 21-Day set, even if you don't like them or are just kind of "meh".
That is a fun fact about beth that I didn't know! And now I am very much looking forward to the ice statue, ha ha!

And we must have similar taste - I haven't really gotten into the Walk On superset either. I do like that flat abs walk (and am looking forward to the cardio core walk in 21 day), and I haven't done the fusion walk (which I probably will like) and I love the background, but for some reason I just haven't clicked with these like some of her others.

I love her 6 mile mix - love the band work and 15 minute format, easy to add on to other workouts. I also really love her Have a Ball workouts and walking workouts with the step. And her strength workout and barefoot cardio workout from WS3. Okay, I just like a lot of hers!

Tags
burn fat and have fun, hiit, hiit workouts