Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-08-20, 06:27 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

my first experience with Kelly was a miss - i tried Bootcamp and it seemed disjointed and too funky.

fast forward - i found NYC at a library book sale, and i was so impressed with it.

when i decided to try more KCM, i did a search of threads like yours and took note of which ones were mentioned the most and i used the short list as my initial wish list. this was the short list:

TLC
Muscle Definition
Circuit Burn
Cardio Blast
Solit Sessions
L.I.F.T.

katmom suggested that since i liked NYC, i might like The Shape of Things to Come (Complete Cardio Sculpting). she was right!

after that, i acquired many more. the last one i got was Build & Burn - a VFer let me try hers (thanks Nelly G!) and i decided to get my own set. it's a 2-disc set.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 08:44 AM  
owltx

You got some good recommendations here. I will chime in. Of her most recent ones, I really liked Strong and Lean and Cardio Sculpt Overload. They both would fit the bill with low impact (with a minimum of modifications). Cardio Sculpt Overload does not fit her usual 30MTF format - it is one 30 minute workout w/3-4 extra sets you can tack on at the end to make it longer, I think @50ish minutes. It is a great cardio workout w/minimal impact. I like Strong and Lean for the variety - barbell (you could sub DBs), dumbbell and tubing.

I would also put a vote in for her circuit workouts - Lean Body Circuits is my favorite. One of the circuits is cardio and she does some high impact but she has a modifier showing low. There is a ton of versatility with this one in the premixes - i.e., only lower body or only upper body, etc.
Old 12-09-20, 09:32 PM  
Lori_Michigan

My favorite is Amped Up Cardio -- I only do low impact now and I find it quite easy to modify. Lots of variety and options with this one, plus great music!

I also really like Strong and Lean, and Cardio Sculpt Overload. Both are pretty low impact with lots of options.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 09:56 AM  
suzanne63

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueT View Post
Thanks so much for all your responses, everyone! I hope Kelly has her usual New Years Day DVD sale. I want to buy the DVDs I don’t have yet!

It took me a long time to get back to Kelly’s workouts. I had to build up my knee strength slowly. After my knee surgery, I would try doing lower body workouts with weights, which always aggravated my knee more than helped it. I finally swallowed my pride and realized I had to do the movements with no weight or very light weights, and now both knees are much better. Doing Kathy Smith’s Project You workouts was a good way to do that. I tried Essentrics and Classical Stretch, but the plies seemed to aggravate my knee more.

So now I’ve been doing Kelly’s workouts with lighter weights than in the past, but at least I’m safely getting stronger!

Thanks again for all your responses!

SueT
Hi I am using lighter weights with Kelly also and building myself up slowly too. I have a old left shoulder injury where I can't really lift too heavy weights.I am really enjoying and liking Kelly a lot.She has very good workouts.
suzanne63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 12:00 PM  
MJ525

Not necessarily a new offering, but I like Trim Down. Boxing intervals with traditional and functional weight work. She is by herself, if that makes a difference to you. Low impact.
MJ525 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite kcm, kcm, knee surgery